The need for a lost and found section

GarminArmin

I really don't have too much experance in geocaching to this date but I feel I got a good idea. My son found a GPS receiver early last summer. Not a cheap one I might add. In a area by the beach where we were camping. I later found out (3 weeks ago) that this area contains several caches. So I think the person that lost this GPS was geocaching. It would be also good that we post missing caches with pictures in hopes that they turn up in different locations so the orginal owner can recover it. Some people spend alot of time perparing the cache box to be orginal paint ect....Feedback is welcome. Let me know what you think.

[This message was edited by garminarmin on September 27, 2002 at 06:06 PM.]

Not a bad idea, but since lost or found items come up so infrequently, I'm not sure an entire section is necessary.

If you've lost something, post it to the general forums and the regional forums. Same goes if you found something.

You might also post a note on any caches you were nearby that day.

Not everyone will look at a lost and found section (in fact the people who read or post on these forums are a tiny minority of all cachers), but most people read the logs.

Its a good thought, but I feel that we already have the tools necessary to accomplish what you want.

BTW.. did that GPS have a "home" waypoint on it, or any other way you could identify it?

Jamie