Garmin BaseCamp 3.2.0.1 beta for Windows

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?p=88955#post88955

A beta version of BaseCamp 3.2 is available (link below). Please read the following:

Warning

This is beta software, or an early peek at an incomplete product. We value your input, so we are providing this to you so that you can send us your comments and ideas. We have tested this beta version extensively, but that doesn't mean that there won't be bugs. Use at your own risk.

Notes

Please backup your existing data from BC 3.1 before running the beta.

The beta build requires you to allow Garmin to collect statistics on how you use BaseCamp to help us improve the application. This will be optional for the release of BaseCamp 3.2, but it is a required condition for using the beta.

Activity profiles are still a work in progress, in particular migrating existing routing options.

We have had intermittent success testing BirdsEye Select because of some oddities with the servers. Please let us know your experience.

Changes

Moved the various property tabs to a separate dialog.

Added swapping the map and data list UI regions.

Added activity profiles to allow easier changes between common routing configurations.

Added geocache search integration with OpenCaching.com.

Added photo sharing site upload (currently for Picasa).

Added track statistics that correspond to the selection in the track points list.

Added additional statistics to the elevation profile.

Added display of elevation profile when batch editing routes or tracks.

Added heart rate and cadence to the track points list and elevation profile.

Added route to track conversion.

Added display mode for geocaches.

Added the "Duplicate" menu item for most user data types.

Added continuation of route/track drawing when switching between tools.

Added route avoidance checkboxes to the route options (such as "Avoid U-turns").

Added a basic dialog for creating routes.

Added draw order control for new BirdsEye Imagery that is downloaded.

Added user selection of application language.

Added option to restore the application to default settings.

Added tips dialog when entering full screen mode.

Added a keyboard shortcut to snap the map back to North up.

Added file import/export support for the TCX file format.

Added file export support for tab-delimited and comma-delimited text.

Added properties and create waypoint commands to the list of POIs that is displayed when hovering on the map.

Added optional collection of analytics to help us improve the application.

Added display of the detailed coverage region of card/device based maps.

Added notification to user when updates are available for devices.

Added receiving FIT course points and activity data from many fitness devices. These are converted into waypoints and tracks.

Changed geotagging photos from a track to add links to those photos in the track.

Changed to not allow changing the location of geocaches when they are part of a route.

Changed the divide tool to create a new waypoint or trackpoint at the division point.

Fixed issue where we didn't always remove all waypoints created as part of a route.

I've used it a couple of times but only for getting maps onto my units. Whats so wrong with the app?

It's just horribly slow, especially once you have a considerable number of birdseye maps loaded. And it used to be even worse.

It only took me 5 minutes to realize this new version is a total piece of @$#%. I downloaded one birdseye image to check out the new draw priority function and it wokred BUT now Basecamp will not connect to verify my subscription for any more tiles. I can't get Basecamp to verify my subscription so now I can no longer download images. I've tried restarting Basecamp, I've ried reconnecting my unit. NOTHING WORKS. Don't do it, don't download this version unless you just love frustration.

Edited to add: A call to Garmin has them reproducing the problem and totally perplexed. I say again, unless you love frustration do NOT download this version.

Edited again to add: The support crew at Garmin has told me their guess is it's a beta for Mac and that this version has not yet been released for Windows. They had me roll back to 3.1.3 and everything works fine. They were pretty much clueless on the whole thing. I tried to explain that Mac software wouldn't install and work on a PC but they seem to think otherwise. Total cluster-f.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE.

Edited by yogazoo

It's just horribly slow, especially once you have a considerable number of birdseye maps loaded. And it used to be even worse.

Have you used any of the newer versions?? I have not seen any speed problems for a few revisions. They have made big stride forward with the program. I get no lag at all with lots of Birdseye.

It only took me 5 minutes to realize this new version is a total piece of @$#%. I downloaded one birdseye image to check out the new draw priority function and it wokred BUT now Basecamp will not connect to verify my subscription for any more tiles. I can't get Basecamp to verify my subscription so now I can no longer download images. I've tried restarting Basecamp, I've ried reconnecting my unit. NOTHING WORKS. Don't do it, don't download this version unless you just love frustration.

Edited to add: A call to Garmin has them reproducing the problem and totally perplexed. I say again, unless you love frustration do NOT download this version.

Edited again to add: The support crew at Garmin has told me their guess is it's a beta for Mac and that this version has not yet been released for Windows. They had me roll back to 3.1.3 and everything works fine. They were pretty much clueless on the whole thing. I tried to explain that Mac software wouldn't install and work on a PC but they seem to think otherwise. Total cluster-f.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE.

x2. Ugh.

Have you used any of the newer versions?? I have not seen any speed problems for a few revisions. They have made big stride forward with the program. I get no lag at all with lots of Birdseye.

I know what you're talking about and you're definitely right, but it's still very slow for me. Granted, I use it in a VM (because I have to), but generally performance for all other applications I use is quite good. Plus there's lots of other problems with it, e.g. certain birdseye areas just wouldn't download, others stopped halfway and then it was impossible to restart the download, etc etc.