Assistance in MD. (South Bel Air)

Redman247

Greetings!

I am looking for anyone that would be interested in teaming up to find this cache: OPERATION: BINARY LOCKDOWN GCP99D I have been searching for it when Harford Glen is open numerous time with no result. I (and other cachers) have messaged the CO several times with no result. The last time this cache was successfully found was September 16, 2007. I have the puzzle figured out and have been to the GZ several times, I am to the point of considering getting a metal detector to find it as the leaves and dead undergrowth have collected over several seasons increasing the difficulty of locating this cache. If you're interested drop me a line and we can set up a good time to go search for this elusive cache, if you already have a metal detector, bonus!

Thanks!

Edited by Redman247

Yeah I kind of figured it was abandoned, partially that is what makes it so interesting. If I can locate it, I'll see if I can some how become the CO of it (not sure how that would work, contact Dr. MD?), as it is a nice location and puzzle. I have thought about getting ahold of the parks staff since this cache has park approval and they may know something about it. If that doesn't pan out, I have located a local company that rents metal detectors. And while I feel a little like I am cheating using a detector to find a cache I consider it a last resort option for finding this aparently abandoned cache.

Greetings!

I am looking for anyone that would be interested in teaming up to find this cache: OPERATION: BINARY LOCKDOWN GCP99D I have been searching for it when Harford Glen is open numerous time with no result. I (and other cachers) have messaged the CO several times with no result. The last time this cache was successfully found was September 16, 2007. I have the puzzle figured out and have been to the GZ several times, I am to the point of considering getting a metal detector to find it as the leaves and dead undergrowth have collected over several seasons increasing the difficulty of locating this cache. If you're interested drop me a line and we can set up a good time to go search for this elusive cache, if you already have a metal detector, bonus!

Thanks!

Legendpilot has placed a number of unusual and sometimes difficult caches in Maryland over the years. He most recently logged onto the site less than 3 months ago. I certainly would NOT come to the conclusion that the cache has been abandoned. I suggest you contact someone in the Maryland Geocaching Society as I know he was active in that group at one time. Good luck!

BTW, I grew up in the area (now live in Jersey) and I had a good laugh at the idea that Bel Air had gotten big enough to have a "south" side :rolleyes:

Thanks, I kind of did something similar to that. The end result is that I got ahold of someone who has his personal contact information and they offered to contact him that way.

As for me I was born and raised in California, took a long vacation in Germany for 13 years and as a punishment for my enjoyment of said vacation was exiled to Bel Air. :lol: