Region coin for Skåne, Sweden

skattletaren

Hi all!

I just want to share some photos of a coin that we made for the cachers of the southest part of Sweden. On the front there are a map of the region. On the back there are 3D-figures (in two-tone) of our region flower, our region animal (deer) and two landmarks as the building "Turning Torso" and "Öresundsbron". In the middle we put the coat of arms for the region.

The final artwork is done by Aaron on Coinsandpins.com and I do think it turned out to be a beautiful coin.

The "antique silver/polished gold"-version is sold for fundraising to our biggest event down here in south Sweden. The "Antique bronze/silver"-version is sold only to cachers in Skåne and finally the "Black nickel/silver"-version is sold to everyone who wants to buy it;)

According to our Swedish taxes, this coin will be too expensive to export (Approx 18 USD), but I liked them so much that I wanted you to see them anyway.

skanesilvergold2.jpg

skanecoppersilver2.jpg

skaneblacksilver2.jpg

//Pia

If being exported out side of the EU then we wouldn't have to pay taxes on it.

Correct, but it is still USD 14.4. And I do think here is no interest of a local coin from Sweden (unless you have relatives here). I posted it to let you see it, not for trying to sell it.

//Pia

Edited by skattletaren

If being exported out side of the EU then we wouldn't have to pay taxes on it.

Correct, but it is still USD 14.4. And I do think here is no interest of a local coin from Sweden (unless you have relatives here). I posted it to let you see it, not for trying to sell it.

//Pia

In the past, I have bought many coins from regions throughout Europe. This does seem like a particularly nice coin and I would like to have one, but my geocoin buying funds are limited right now. If you could team up with a vendor in the U.S. you could have the coins shipped directly from the mint in China to the US, but I am not sure that there would be enough of a US market.