The most horrific geocache in existence

A cache hidden on a gas power meter next to a very busy intersection capable of harming people. :shocked:

Sorry... which is capable of harming people... the intersection? The gas meter? Or the cache? Or perhaps the drive to the intersection with a cache on a power meter? Or perhaps the chunk of sky that might fall while you are looking for the cache on the gas meter at the intersection... :P

A cache hidden on a gas power meter next to a very busy intersection capable of harming people. :shocked:

Sorry... which is capable of harming people... the intersection? The gas meter? Or the cache? Or perhaps the drive to the intersection with a cache on a power meter? Or perhaps the chunk of sky that might fall while you are looking for the cache on the gas meter at the intersection... :P

Haleys comet is capable of harming people...........no, it's the gas meter. Had WARNING! High voltage signs on it. Sorry, my bad, it's an electric meter...

Haleys comet is capable of harming people...........no, it's the gas meter. Had WARNING! High voltage signs on it. Sorry, my bad, it's an electric meter...

Hey, if I get shocked by an electric meter, there is probably going to be some gas emitted, too.

I just recently came across a cache that had 5 dead coyotes under the bridge where the cache was hidden. Since ground zero was around the animals I choose not hunt for the cache but in no way did I feel that the cache owner was responsible for that. Now if they hid the cache with the animals there that would be a different story.

<_< 5 YEARS after the cache was hidden, these 2 funny guys rip the hider a new one for animal carcases that could not have possibly been there when the cache was hidden. Nice. Excellent sportsmanship guys. You two should get your own channel. <_<:rolleyes:

If they didn't like the location they should have driven on by. :rolleyes: It's evident by the years of previous logs that other folks appreciated the find.

Put on your big boy pants and accept the consequences of you choices. :mellow:

+1 That was horrible! I've found a lot of dead animal carcasses near caches, and I'll mention it in my log, but I would NEVER accuse the hider. I seriously doubt that person would hide a cache with all those dead animals lying around. Come on.

Anyhoo... this folks is a good example of a case to just note the problem, and then send the owner an email, or post a NM; then the owner can come out and decide for themselves rather than posting it on Youtube for the whole world to see. So rude!

You're not the only one that thinks so. I posted a poll about it on my local site. The results aren't cut and dried as I suspected they wouldn't be, but the majority disapprove.

Here's a telling response:

Agreed... things change....and to be called out like that.....we sure hope those two guys' hides are of excellent quality and have no issues with them at all because karma can come and bite them in the a$s.

A quick look a Mr. "1 out of 100" for quality's caches quickly nets a cache on the side of the road. Hmmmm, maybe he was just talkin' about the container. :rolleyes:

Let me just say, that I bet these are a couple of really nice guys if you met them at an event. I'm sure I would like them personally, they didn't seem like bad guys, but I hope they have a little buyer's remorse for what they have done to a fellow cacher who was not there to defend himself. Just a really, really lame way to behave toward another cacher.

Here are the results of the poll I posted:

Watch ALL 3 minutes of the video and tell me what you think....

I feel their pain. 6 (14.6%)

What a couple of Jerks. 7 (17.1%)

I'm indifferent. 2 (4.9%)

Too FUNNY! I liked it! 5 (12.2%)

Poor sportsmanship. I'm glad they're not in HGCS. 21 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

I'm pretty sure no one can top this one for worst geocache to find.

Sadly, I can top this one. Yes, that thing you're thinking, you are correct, that is exactly what I found.

I informed the CO. He subsequently archived the cache. Unfortunate, because it was in a beautiful spot, but too far out of my usual route for me to place a cache there.

You mean someone emptied their cat-box in a cache near you too?

As disgusting as this is, it makes me want to make someone lug an old toilet to the middle of nowhere and use the tank to place an ammo can cache inside.

Ask and you shall receive

It's actually a very well liked cache with some interesting neighbors to boot...

Hmm, reminded me of this place. There's no geocache there (private property) but there's one a short distance away.

4e0a8999-d6ff-4d7f-a945-a1bbcb74e3c4.jpg

I see your random collection of streetside toilets, and I raise you...Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Museum.

Well worth a visit. Unfortunately, Barney has been taking time away from the museum to take care of his wife, and not to get too morbid, but he's not getting any younger himself, so get there while you still can.

Nah, that's far from the most horrific cache. I found THIS back in May '04 and it remains the most horrific cache I have found so far!

It's a PM cache, so don't bother to look if you haven't payed to play!

I enjoyed reading that excellent log from merlot. I think he and I are married to the same woman. One cache I did yesterday, sans my wife, led me straight to my liquor cabinet immediately after.

Could have sworn you were young, but I'll take your word for it. I was cautioning dirt_empire not to react to your post and get himself into trouble.

I'm younger then most, at the age of 15, (16 in less then 20 days). You make it sound like I'm 12 or 13.

You might want to lay off whatever it is your taking. I'm pretty sure I'm 15 and you said you were 17. You must have confused yourself with me, which is quite a stretch.

As far as the two men and the dead animals, I could be wrong but from the video and the log I got the impression it was a little tongue in cheek and not that they were blaming the hider for the dead animals. I mean he has a cache called "It must be hidden near that cool looking....OH!" :)

Edit: I do think they were slightly mocking the "camo pill bottle" cache container though. I assume they are rather common out there. I know I've seen lots of pill bottles in my short time caching.

Edited by EdrickV

Don't want to find No. 1 in your cache? Don't hide it where doggies go.

I'm really perplexed how many people hide in the low nooks and crannies around tree roots in parks. Honestly, ever watch dogs in the park?

Four miles up the trail, exposed hairpin curve with a clear area outside of it. Great view overlooking the valley. Great cache. Too bad someone pooped on it.

Now, as a result of this thread, a cacher from Germany has posted a NA log on the cache. Fortunately, he did a good job of phrasing the log, making it clear that it is really a Needs Reviewer Attention log that is his intention to post.

But to be fair... the last log that claimed the wetness came from urine was in Oct, 2010, and I'm not so sure I buy those claims anyway. There have been 22 logs since the last "urine" claim.

I am not sure either way...

However, posting an NA log for most is not going to happen. No one wants to be labeled as a "Geopolice". There is a certain amount a stigma that goes with posting an NA...even on a cache the deserves it. I know many well respected cachers that hesitate on posting an NA because of the way one couple be labeled.

Urine in this cache...I am not sure...I am just posting on my thoughts and opinions about posting NA's...