The most horrific geocache in existence

I'm pretty sure no one can top this one for worst geocache to find.

GC1VJWY - (Green in the middle)

I pasted a sample of the logs below. It's like a horror novel as you slowly begin to realize what is going on...

Found it April 22 by jstrout (1603 found)

Tftf damp and wet inside

Found it April 18 by piker (974 found)

SL TNLN TFTC Still really needs drying out. I covered it up a bit as we couldn't believe how out in the open it was. The wife saw it as we were driving past.

Found it April 11 by meralgia (836 found)

Found without a gps. Needs maintenance.

Found it April 8 by FireDragon500 (4 found)

Got a GeoMate Jr for my birthday yesterday. This was my first find!

Needs Maintenance April 8 by 97rs24 (132 found)

Wet everything.

Found it April 8 by 97rs24 (132 found)

Very easy. I rehid to make sure the cache wouldn't get muggled. The inside was stinky and wet. But, this was cache 97 for 97rs24. I'm pretty happy!

Found it February 18 by anitchals (43 found)

easy caching i took a brand new geocacher with so i felt so relieved that we could find it to keep their mind open for coming along again might need a little maintanance becaus every thing inid is dirty.

Found it February 4 by dragon eye (1520 found)

Can't believe its still there. TFTC

Found it January 2 by TECGeoJim (4273 found)

Quick find on a cold morning. Very nasty smell. TNLNSL. TFTC!

Found it December 29, 2010 by tonkaMN (1437 found)

Thanks for the winter friendly cache. I needed today to fill in my grid. The cache could use a little drying out. There is some moisture in there and it is smelling a little nasty. The log was mostly dry. TNLNSL. TFTC.

Found it November 5, 2010 by TheDazzlerD (768 found)

Quick brute-force find. Didn't need the GPSr.

Amazing this cache just stays there.

Found it October 29, 2010 by FSU*Noles (10835 found)

This was a quick stop while in the area for a meeting today - for obvious reasons, I was unable to sign the log. I did snap a picture of the cache and my GPSr with my phone though, just to prove I was there. I think it's safe to post the picture without it being much of a spoiler, but this cache definitely needs a bit of TLC. TFTC!

Found it October 15, 2010 by crimescene (40 found)

Container is still wet and has an odor.

Needs Maintenance October 15, 2010 by crimescene (40 found)

Found it with the kids today. There was a very bad smelling liquid inside. We were unable to sign the log.

Found it October 5, 2010 by Tippytoesk8er (160 found)

Found this Green cache on my way through the neighborhood. This was my easiest find ever. The wind must have masked any leftover smell, so unfortunately, I reached in and signed the log. And now I'm seeing all these previous posts. Ugh! Now I'm turning Green. Good thing my next stop featured soap and hot water. But, whoever urinated in the cache better contact me stat! The sample came back positive.

Found it October 1, 2010 by 15Tango (4118 found)

11:45pm - #3418 - I usually wait until I start having problems finding a cache before I start to read the previous logs, and that's a policy I'm going to rethink after this one. I found the cache with no problem and saw it was all wet inside and smelled. I didn't sign the log for obvious reasons. TNLN, thanks for the cache?

Needs Maintenance September 28, 2010 by Dnalsi (2240 found)

Believe someone urinated in this cache :(

Please check on it ASAP.

Thanks.

Found it September 28, 2010 by Dnalsi (2240 found)

Easy find.

Contents looked wet which is unusual for these containers.

Upon opening got a whiff of URINE!!!

Someone peed in this cache :(

Didn't touch the contents, closed it up and put it back.

Have a photo of the cache if owner requires proof of find.

Please replace this container and contents !!!

I just archived a cache of mine as someone found it filled with urine. I don't want people finding my caches in poor condition and I figured the spot was compromised for good.

With all the awful logs being posted maybe you should post an NA log. The CO has checked in within the past month but doesn't seem to care that his cache was used as a latrine.

I just archived a cache of mine as someone found it filled with urine. I don't want people finding my caches in poor condition and I figured the spot was compromised for good.

With all the awful logs being posted maybe you should post an NA log. The CO has checked in within the past month but doesn't seem to care that his cache was used as a latrine.

Yup. The cache has been destroyed. Time for someone to admit it and post a NA.

Edited by GOF and Bacall

I know many of the people that have found that cache. I find it very odd, knowing them, that nobody... not ONE... has yet posted a NA log (although the cache owner seems to still be logging in).

You (TheGrey) haven't found it yet?

Edited by knowschad

I've now got it on my watchlist and have emailed one of the people that found it. I'm wondering if its really that bad, or if it is a form of liar's cache.

I hope that is the case... it looks like around 40 people have logged the cache since "the incident".

Lolololololololo, Common puritans, stick your hands in urine and enjoy it as you sign the log. I'll just sit bak and laugh as I log it without opening it.

If I found a cache full of waste I'd dispose of it properly and report it to the CO. I would not leave it in place for other cachers to needlessly come in contact with.

Disgusting. I've heard a rumor (or I think I have) of a park near my hometown that contained a cache which had been replaced multiple times due to vandalism. The vandals? Unknown mammals that repeatedly did there *clears throat* business in it. Suprisingly, according to the rumor, it was replaced upwards of three times.

Personally, I am surprised that many of the larger caches I've found in parks and urban areas do not have the same problem. I know a few have a habit of going disappearing due to vandals, yet the CO keeps on replacing them. Luckily they are simple contact case caches, aka redmen.

Sadly, I can top this one. Yes, that thing you're thinking, you are correct, that is exactly what I found.

I informed the CO. He subsequently archived the cache. Unfortunate, because it was in a beautiful spot, but too far out of my usual route for me to place a cache there.

Edited by Chrysalides

Lotsa complaining, everyone took their smiley, and no one posted a Needs Maintenance.

meh.

That's what floors me.

Someone pees in the cache and no one drops a NM log, then six months of logs saying that's wet and stinks and no one drops a NA log?

Lotsa complaining, everyone took their smiley, and no one posted a Needs Maintenance.

meh.

That's what floors me.

Someone pees in the cache and no one drops a NM log, then six months of logs saying that's wet and stinks and no one drops a NA log?

There's 3 NM logs and most of the find logs reported that the cache needed maintenance. It's not like finders were ignoring the problem.

meh.

That's what floors me.

There's 3 NM logs and most of the find logs reported that the cache needed maintenance. It's not like finders were ignoring the problem.

Seriously, the amazing thing to me is not the issue with the cache, but how few of the posters here in this thread actually fully read the original post.

Lolololololololo, Common puritans, stick your hands in urine and enjoy it as you sign the log. I'll just sit bak and laugh as I log it without opening it.

And possibly not find the geocache itself! Good work on half-way playing the game. Next time you can just sit at home and log a find because you considered going outside to look for it.

And possibly not find the geocache itself! Good work on half-way playing the game. Next time you can just sit at home and log a find because you considered going outside to look for it.

A couple of observations : ColdGear appears to be pretty young, and he appears to enjoy the attention that such remarks get.

Sigh. Sarcasm never fixed any problem.

meh.

That's what floors me.

But they weren't escalating it. The first NM was eight months ago. If I post a NM on a cache, I put a watch on it to see what happens. If nothing happens, I have no problem posting a NA.

In fact, if I found a cache in that condition, I would post a NA, noting the health concerns. The first person to note the problem did it in a Found log. Afterwords a lady and her young children found it. A NA would have had the local Reviewer disable it at the very least.

Sadly, I can top this one. Yes, that thing you're thinking, you are correct, that is exactly what I found.

I informed the CO. He subsequently archived the cache. Unfortunate, because it was in a beautiful spot, but too far out of my usual route for me to place a cache there.

The same thing was reported by a new cacher to my friends cache. He dragged a replacement ammo can 1.5 miles up an 1100' elevation trail, with two volcanic, rock climbs, only to find nothing wrong.

Edited by Don_J

I would log it too, and then post a NA.

I went to hunt a cache, I found the cache, someone defiled the cache, I can't sign the log. Does that mean that I didn't find the cache?

Coldgears comment was right on. Either he missed the Shift key, or he figured out out the joke.

Edit to add, when has Coldgears ever indicated that he has ever arm chaired logged?

Edited by Don_J
The same thing was reported by a new cacher to my friends cache. He dragged a replacement ammo can 1.5 miles up an 1100' elevation trail, with two volcanic, rock climbs, only to find nothing wrong.

I (obviously) don't know what that cacher did, but when I found the... item in that cache, I removed it immediately - it seems rather strange to choose to leave it in there. I still emailed the CO because I thought the items in there should be cleaned or tossed.

Now, as a result of this thread, a cacher from Germany has posted a NA log on the cache. Fortunately, he did a good job of phrasing the log, making it clear that it is really a Needs Reviewer Attention log that is his intention to post.

But to be fair... the last log that claimed the wetness came from urine was in Oct, 2010, and I'm not so sure I buy those claims anyway. There have been 22 logs since the last "urine" claim.

Thanks very much for posting that wonderful rant. I'm sure I'll be reposting that one often. :)

That's the most perfect example of "Hey MAN, you're doin' it wrong," I've ever seen and I'm not talking about the hider. <_<:rolleyes:

Who were those wonderful finders and my question is did they in fact claim their smiley for their find? :unsure:

Edited by Snoogans

A couple of observations : ColdGear appears to be pretty young, and he appears to enjoy the attention that such remarks get.

He also appears to have more sense than a lot of the people that put their hands into a urine soaked cache to sign a urine soaked logbook. I bet Coldgears enjoys himself when he goes out caching instead of worrying about whether or not he's fulfilling someone else's ideal of a cache hunt.

He also appears to have more sense than a lot of the people that put their hands into a urine soaked cache to sign a urine soaked logbook. I bet Coldgears enjoys himself when he goes out caching instead of worrying about whether or not he's fulfilling someone else's ideal of a cache hunt.

Lets not turn this into another one of "those" threads, huh, guys?

meh.

That's what floors me.

But they weren't escalating it. The first NM was eight months ago. If I post a NM on a cache, I put a watch on it to see what happens. If nothing happens, I have no problem posting a NA.

In fact, if I found a cache in that condition, I would post a NA, noting the health concerns. The first person to note the problem did it in a Found log. Afterwords a lady and her young children found it. A NA would have had the local Reviewer disable it at the very least.

You're original post stated that no one posted a NM. That was simply not the case. Considering how some cache owners respond when they perceive someone has slighted their cache, I can understand not posting a NA. After all, the cache is still there and available to be found. It just needs maintenance.

Maybe some of the finders chose to email the owner and/or reviewer privately. Given the content of some of the logs, I think that is a very good possibility.

The issue with this cache is not the people who found the cache. The issue is with the owner who has yet to perform the requested maintenance.

Who were those wonderful finders and my question is did they in fact claim their smiley for their find? :unsure:

At least one of them did: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=a40da1da-36d9-4c1a-a963-0188bbc00cc4

<_< 5 YEARS after the cache was hidden, these 2 funny guys rip the hider a new one for animal carcases that could not have possibly been there when the cache was hidden. Nice. Excellent sportsmanship guys. You two should get your own channel. <_<:rolleyes:

If they didn't like the location they should have driven on by. :rolleyes: It's evident by the years of previous logs that other folks appreciated the find.

Put on your big boy pants and accept the consequences of your choices. :mellow:

Edited by Snoogans

<_< 5 YEARS after the cache was hidden, these 2 funny guys rip the hider a new one for animal carcases that could not have possibly been there when the cache was hidden. Nice. Excellent sportsmanship guys. You two should get your own channel. <_<:rolleyes:

If they didn't like the location they should have driven on by. :rolleyes: It's evident by the years of previous logs that other folks appreciated the find.

Put on your big boy pants and accept the consequences of you choices. :mellow:

+1 That was horrible! I've found a lot of dead animal carcasses near caches, and I'll mention it in my log, but I would NEVER accuse the hider. I seriously doubt that person would hide a cache with all those dead animals lying around. Come on.

Anyhoo... this folks is a good example of a case to just note the problem, and then send the owner an email, or post a NM; then the owner can come out and decide for themselves rather than posting it on Youtube for the whole world to see. So rude!

I'm not young at all, and I didn't mean for that to be taken seriously. There's was a reason I put "olololo" to indicate I was joking. Not to start a flamewar. Why is one not allowed to joke? :unsure:

I'm not young at all, and I didn't mean for that to be taken seriously. There's was a reason I put "olololo" to indicate I was joking. Not to start a flamewar. Why is one not allowed to joke? :unsure:

Could have sworn you were young, but I'll take your word for it. I was cautioning dirt_empire not to react to your post and get himself into trouble.

Put on your big boy pants and accept the consequences of you choices. :mellow:

+1 That was horrible! I've found a lot of dead animal carcasses near caches, and I'll mention it in my log, but I would NEVER accuse the hider. I seriously doubt that person would hide a cache with all those dead animals lying around. Come on.

Anyhoo... this folks is a good example of a case to just note the problem, and then send the owner an email, or post a NM; then the owner can come out and decide for themselves rather than posting it on Youtube for the whole world to see. So rude!

You're not the only one that thinks so. I posted a poll about it on my local site. The results aren't cut and dried as I suspected they wouldn't be, but the majority disapprove.

Here's a telling response:

Agreed... things change....and to be called out like that.....we sure hope those two guys' hides are of excellent quality and have no issues with them at all because karma can come and bite them in the a$s.

A quick look a Mr. "1 out of 100" for quality's caches quickly nets a cache on the side of the road. Hmmmm, maybe he was just talkin' about the container. :rolleyes:

Let me just say, that I bet these are a couple of really nice guys if you met them at an event. I'm sure I would like them personally, they didn't seem like bad guys, but I hope they have a little buyer's remorse for what they have done to a fellow cacher who was not there to defend himself. Just a really, really lame way to behave toward another cacher.

Could have sworn you were young, but I'll take your word for it. I was cautioning dirt_empire not to react to your post and get himself into trouble.

I'm younger then most, at the age of 15, (16 in less then 20 days). You make it sound like I'm 12 or 13.

EDIT: I guess young is relative to the person saying it.

Edited by Coldgears

I'm younger then most, at the age of 15, (16 in less then 20 days). You make it sound like I'm 12 or 13.

lol-smiley.gif

I've got a hat older than you are.

A two or three year difference is a fairly large percentage of your life so far. At my age, that is scarcely a drop in the bucket.

When you're as old as I am (and I suspect knowschad is about my age), the difference between 15 and 12 is virtually non-existent.

When you're as old as I am (and I suspect knowschad is about my age), the difference between 15 and 12 is virtually non-existent.

I don't know. 6 months makes a lot of difference at that age. Not so much later on.

Actually, that's about how old I suspected you were. If I thought you were 12, I'd be more vocal in asking him to take it easy (and I'd probably say "very young" :D)