Firefox OS Maps

Hi Bear the new updates i do not like,i was using OS maps..Images and this place tidy, cheers i hope they do update them, what i feel the worst update is,on the cache page you could zoom satellite view,now its just a green box in a white back ground very helpful,,not.

Found a temporary fix to get it working with the new site - not extensively tested and as long as you don't mind using a text editor to change one line.

Right click on the Greasemonkey icon and select "Manage User Scripts"

In the list that appears select the Geocaching Map Sub and then click the edit button

Your text editor should then open (notepad probably - mine has been changed to a different one)

find line 41 which says

mapDivId = "ctl00_ContentBody_uxlrgMap";

change this to read

mapDivId = "uxlrgMap";

find line 87 which says (this is for the additional waypoints)

coord = parsecoords(awptblr[j].cells[5].innerHTML);

change this to read

coord = parsecoords(awptblr[j].cells[6].innerHTML);

Save.

For me that has brought back the OS maps on the cache page.

Edit - added in a change to enable the additional waypoints

Edited by Madproforg

Found a temporary fix to get it working with the new site - not extensively tested and as long as you don't mind using a text editor to change one line.

In the list that appears select the Geocaching Map Sub and then click the edit button

Your text editor should then open (notepad probably - mine has been changed to a different one)

find line 41 which says

change this to read

mapDivId = "uxlrgMap";

Save.

kool so just remove ctl00_ContentBody_ are you using fox 4? cheers

Edgemaster made it a lot easier to figure by having comments in the code.

I'm still on v3 (usng an extension that is no longer active that doesn't work in 4). Can't see any reason for it not to work with 4, it's just adjusting the html in the page which should be the same across both.

If your on windows 2k or later

In the Format menu make sure word wrap is turned off (no tick besides it - selecting it will toggle it on and off)

this enables the Goto option in the Edit menu, (shortcut is Ctrl-G I believe) which allows jumping to a line number

I had discovered this feature in notepad by accident one day, and ended up puzzled for a bit as to why it didn't work all the time.

find line 41 which says

change this to read

mapDivId = "uxlrgMap";

find line 87 which says (this is for the additional waypoints)

coord = parsecoords(awptblr[j].cells[5].innerHTML);

change this to read

coord = parsecoords(awptblr[j].cells[6].innerHTML);

Save.

Edit - added in a change to enable the additional waypoints

EUREKA! and also Glory Be! How nice to have proper maps back again so we can avoid all the angst over beta maps. Thank you.

Actually my version already had the 6 in line 87 so i only had to make one change.

awesome info thanks line 41 take me to ..if (LatLon) { ? :grin:

is it in MARKERS? MAP CREATION? ADD CONTROLS ? LAYERS? or way before,cant seam to find the text :blink:

Sounds like it might be a different version of the script. If you look at the top for @description there should be a version number, the one I'm using says v1.3.4

If yours says something earlier it's probably worthwhile downloading the latest version first - http://ge.pythonmoo.co.uk/gcmap/geocachingmaps.user.js - thanks to "Follow the arrow" for the link

yea im on 1.0.6 duhh lol il update thought i was going :blink: cheers again Madproforg

Geocaching Map Substituter is v1.3.4 but no line 41 in it? thats not the os map Substituter am i making probs by having both running?

OK im :blink: cus iv just took out the os and now i can use the all new Showing Dynamic Map on the cache page!!!! :o

Edited by Geobuzzbee

I'll just patiently wait for Edgemaster to finish his exams as I do not have the same text as is being explained. For instance when I go to manage scripts I only have the option of disabling or removing! neither of which I wish to do. So cannot really get to first base as they say. Ready when you are Edge! Good luck with your exams as well. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll just patiently wait for Edgemaster to finish his exams as I do not have the same text as is being explained. For instance when I go to manage scripts I only have the option of disabling or removing! neither of which I wish to do. So cannot really get to first base as they say. Ready when you are Edge! Good luck with your exams as well. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

On Firefox 4, and maybe 3 as well but I can't check that, when you go to 'Manage Scripts' and get the list of scripts, Right click on the Map Substituter and Edit is the first one on the menu that pops up.

I found the easiest way to find the bit to change was to copy and paste the original text from the post above into the search box and do a search. For me it went straight to the place I wanted.

The second change (for the children) was already in the version I had so if it can't find the original text try searching on the new text to see if it is already there.

Edited by Just Roger

...is it perchance me or have they nipped off again? :(

"Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at ge.pythonmoo.co.uk.

Check the address for typing errors such as

ww.example.com instead of

www.example.com

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Looks like they forgot to renew their DNS name and did it today, so it could be working for some but not for others but should propagate out eveywhere pretty soon.

Domain name:

pythonmoo.co.uk

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 01-Jun-2005

Renewal date: 01-Jun-2013

Last updated: 20-Jun-2011

Edited by MartyBartfast