No PQ - No longer a Premium Member

Sorry if this is being discussed somewhere and I missed it but today, none of my PQs ran. So I went to look at the lists to see if when the site upgraded, it unchecked them to run as usual.

I get a message that I must be a Premium Member to access PQs. Um...I thought I signed up for the automatic renewal about 2 years ago and I never received any notification that I needed to do anything to renew.

I still have access to the OT section here. I do not have access to PMO caches.

I have no problem renewing again but TPTB should know that automatic renewals don't seem to be happening nor are notifications going out to members when their membership time is up.

Over the past several months, I've seen some sporadic complaints of no emails before renewal. I got one.

I have gotten them in the past and my email/account information has not changed.

I may have been wrong about the automatic renewal. When I went in to renew (using Paypal) it didn't give me the option to renew automatically each year. Strange.

But yes - an email to remind me to renew BEFORE my membership expired would have been nice to receive. To me, that is just basic good customer service.

I went to the main page, and found that under my name it said "Renew Your Membership." I did, and it now states I am a Premium Member. No date of expiry since the update, but clicking on the renew part took me where I needed to be. So, I guess we DO get reminders!

checked my account details, and I see my premium membership is good thru April 23/2012. Huh? I was paid up to May 18th of this year, surely I would be good until May next year? Especially as it is May 8th today. It would seem that I have been done out of 2 or 3 weeks. I wonder why?

Edited by popokiiti

I went to the main page, and found that under my name it said "Renew Your Membership." I did, and it now states I am a Premium Member. No date of expiry since the update, but clicking on the renew part took me where I needed to be. So, I guess we DO get reminders!

checked my account details, and I see my premium membership is good thru April 23/2012. Huh? I was paid up to May 18th of this year, surely I would be good until May next year? Especially as it is May 8th today. It would seem that I have been done out of 2 or 3 weeks. I wonder why?

No several others have reported the same issue - write to the contact@geocaching.com address and they will straighten out the date.....

Seems VERY high priority should go to fixing your own payment system.....

Update....today I received an email from Groundspeak, reminding me that my membership is due! Sent an email, and then followed with a phone call. Not a local one, not just long distance, but international. Thank goodness I'm only in Canada and in the same time zone.

Very pleasant young lady, who tried to correct things manually, but no go. It seems the web folks will have to do it. Hopefully in 2 - 3 weeks things will be right again.

Wow - I've been in contact with the Lily Pad..........cool!