Don't bother using the feedback forum.

JABs

I and several others have found that if you make a comment on the feedback site there is a good chance it will be hijacked and merged with another topic.

If for say you find a problem with the maps or have an idea they will merge it with a common thread and your issue or great idea will disapear into the never.

Hijacked treads.Stop Hijacking Ideas

Please stop hijacking ideas and joining them to other topics that are not even the same.

Even worse is that when you scroll through the topic your idea/ surgestion has just disappeared.

Does anyone see or read the rest of the comments by others? How do you guys know about the other topics that have been merged?

Makes it hard to be bothered to add or point anything out when it just dissappears.

Yes I do understand that some idears etc are along the same lines but not all.

Yes white and off white and bone are very much alike but there is still a fear bit of differance.

Please stop takeing treads that are simular and adding together for new reads only read the first page and don't see the individual ideas.

There once was a good spot for the FREE flow of ideas and issues on the forums that has been taken away from us. Oh and where here on the forums you can look back at past topics well it is near impossible for you to find what ever happened to it. Have been told to bring it up with a different company who own the feedback site.

How long before this is closed down?

My question is do you use the feedback site? and if so have you found any issues with it?

JABs.

It is a GOOD thing when the merge feedback into one thread (assuming they are accurately recognizing duplicate ideas) because it gives the merged topics more weight and allows the developers to focus on those ideas that seem to have the greatest need. (well, that is the theory, at any rate)

The programmers and other folks up at the lilypad are in a good position to know what ideas are closely related to one another. Sorry if you do not always see it that way.

My frustration with the feedback site is that many ideas sit idle for many many months with no acknowledgement from anybody. Also - I really think that many many more threads could be merged as their is vast duplication of topics.

The programmers and other folks up at the lilypad are in a good position to know what ideas are closely related to one another. Sorry if you do not always see it that way.

My frustration with the feedback site is that many ideas sit idle for many many months with no acknowledgement from anybody. Also - I really think that many many more threads could be merged as their is vast duplication of topics.

I agree 100% with this statement. No updates on topics for months at a time is frustrating.

I understand the need for the developers to group related suggestions, and to merge true duplicates. However, when dozens of related—but different—suggestions are merged into a single thread (e.g., this one merges every suggestion for enhancing pocket queries), it becomes difficult to comment on any specific suggestion. As JABs mentioned, the original suggestions themselves are hidden from normal users. All that shows up in the merged mega-suggestion are the comments, which are often hard to understand without the context of the original suggestion they were posted in reply to.

I have been assured that the original suggestions are available to the developers, but that doesn't support the role of the feedback forums as a place for users to discuss and comment on each others' suggestions. And with limited votes, I don't want to leave a vote on a mega-suggestion when I'm only interested in one or two of the specific suggestions that were merged into it, and I have no confidence that those specific suggestions are being given any weight in the merged mega-suggestion.

My question is do you use the feedback site? and if so have you found any issues with it?

JABs.

Yes, I use the Feedback site, and in fact one of my suggestions was incorporated into the last update. Unfortunately, they only did half the fix, so Moun10bike, reopened it and said it will be in the next update.

What concerns me is the fact that they are doing fancy stuff while ignoring the top Feedback topics.

What concerns me is the fact that they are doing fancy stuff while ignoring the top Feedback topics.
Two thoughts:

1. Geocaching.com is a business, not a democracy. Just because the feedback site allows voting to guage interest, doesn't mean that projects with a high number of votes MUST be implemented.
  2. Some projects get implemented faster than priority projects simply because they are completed first. It is impossible to put ALL resources to each project, after all. People may be working on a project that you believe is super important while others work on projects that you don't much care about.

Edited by sbell111

Please stop hijacking ideas and joining them to other topics that are not even the same.

JABs.

I think Jeremy was trying to be funny on that post. Don't take it so personaly.

You already received a response on this. Don't create a duplicate topic.

D8694a01-3296-482a-864d-963873e38ba9 Jeremy Admin

That doesn't sound very funny to me. Sounds like he doesn't like Jabs' complaint.

Thanks for those who have answered.

If you have an idea on say PQ's then expect it to be merrged with a main PQ topic and your idea will be hidden from the rest of the public.

Also did you realise that there is no way to search for old or parst topics?

Was told to make any feedback sight surrgestions to that sights owner. As it does not have anything to do with Groundspeak.

JABs.

Yes, I use the Feedback site, and in fact one of my suggestions was incorporated into the last update. Unfortunately, they only did half the fix, so Moun10bike, reopened it and said it will be in the next update.

Oh, so your the one that is responsible for the fixed width. :huh: But I have to agree, they seem to be ignoring the top items on the feedback site.

JABs.

I think Jeremy was trying to be funny on that post. Don't take it so personaly.

You already received a response on this. Don't create a duplicate topic.

D8694a01-3296-482a-864d-963873e38ba9 Jeremy Admin

That doesn't sound very funny to me. Sounds like he doesn't like Jabs' complaint.

Sounds to me like he keeps making the same complaint even though he evidently got a response to it in the past. It obviously wasn't the response he wanted, but he was responded to.

We don't always get the responses we want.

Actually I just got an email that something I was concerned about got fixed.

I don't know what all is not getting responded to. I don't suppose they can do everything at once.

I do believe that they want to make people happy and that they do the best they can with the resources they have.

Remember, SOME of us pay them 30 bucks a year. Some don't even pay that.

How much to you pay for cable?

I pay a couple hundred for phone and internet EACH MONTH. The company I pay this to will obviously have more resources to deal with the problems I face than Groundspeak does.

If I paid a couple hundred to Groundspeak every month, I would sure as heck hope they'd get every last problem and concern I have taken care of RIGHT NOW.

I pay them 30.00 a year. I feel like I get a lot more than 30.00 a year of service and courtesy and use out of it.

JABs.

Oh, so your the one that is responsible for the fixed width. :huh: But I have to agree, they seem to be ignoring the top items on the feedback site.

As a programmer I work on several different projects and we use an issue tracking system (as does Groundspeak) to keep track of request for changes. The system provides a facility to prioritize the request (i.e Critical, MAGOR, minor, etc) that is set by whoever is submitting the issue. Obviously, many of those submitting the request feel that their issue is critical and thus I should be working on those issues first. The reality is that some issues require more effort to resolve than others, some issues might have dependencies on other issues, or some issues might require more information to address. Quite often I might work on a lower priority issue that I can resolve quickly to get it off the issue queue rather than spend all my time working on a higher priority issue that might take a week or more to resolve. I imagine that some of the Groundspeak developers work the same way.

JABs.

Not quite. It was fixing the Retract Listing notification, which was fixed. There were also going to add Needs Archived to the notifications. That didn't happen but is supposed to be in the next update.

What concerns me is not that they are ignoring the tops items but that there is a clear lack of communicating to the user base the simple idea that some requests, while popular, will never be implemented. Just rip off the band-aid and give it to us straight. Tell us that concept X isn't feasible or that idea Y isn't the direction the Lillypad wants to go.

The answer "no" is better than no answer at all, a vague answer, or date in the future that get pushed further back every time it comes up.