Another New Reviewer

Yes, we have another team member. Currently being measured for the chains and harness so training can begin in earnest :laughing:

Welcome to Red Duster!

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Chains and harness? I thought you guys needed to be measured for a nice padded jacket by the nice men in white coats before you agreed to take on that workload...

Welcome from across the water....looking forward to getting to know you better and working with you. Good to have another woman on the team :)

Right - clues so far

1) Mad

2) Woman

............that doesn't really narrow it down for me. :ph34r:

It does rule out all the mad men?

They have published a cache in the east- are they from here or is that a red herring

Quite a few in the East actually, but then they're probably filling in for The BeeK who is no doubt on call again.

The red duster moniker surely would indicate some merchant navy lark connection - perhaps Portsmouth or Plymouth based? <_<:huh:

are they welsh? :unsure:

I don't think it was a wee Welsh accent, maybe a bit more North, or South, or maybe East. Then again it may be from more out West way.

The red duster moniker surely would indicate some merchant navy lark connection - perhaps Portsmouth or Plymouth based?

Could be Glasgow/Clyde?

I hope Red Duster has fun with this for as long as poss! :D

I thought the general idea is that reviewers don't work on their own local area, that way they don't get to see the final co-ords for puzzles & multis that they might want to do.

Not to pee on yer bonfire but most of the UK & Ireland reviewers actually do it in their own local areas (I can think of 8 off the top of my head). I'm not gonna list them cos that would be a tad condescending.

BTW. Welcome to the team Mr/Miss/Mrs/Ms Duster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by geohatter

It's been published on this forum before, but as there has been a couple of new additions here is the roster of Reviewers for the UK & Ireland

Reviewer Name--Caching Name--Real name--Primary Reviewer Area(s)

Alba15--geoki--Carol--North Scotland/South Scotland/North West England

(as of 19-2010 on Sabbatical due to ill health)

Andalusite--Von Horst--Mike--South Wales

Antheia-- mundy family--Yvonne--East Midlands/Jersey & Guernsey

dalesmanX--Two Tykes--Keith--Yorkshire and Humberside/North East England

Deceangi--Mancunian Pyrocacher--Dave--North Wales/North West England/Isle of Man/Malta/Gibraltar (as of 19-12-2010, covering North/South Scotland for Alba)

Geohatter--paulbarratt--Paul--West Midlands--GC UK Forum Moderator

Graculus--The Blorenges--Chris--South of England

Lindinis--Ernie B--Ernie--South West England

Red Duster--Real Name (but don't tell anyone I told your who she is)

The Bee Keeper--sssss--Steve--Eastern England/London

The Long Man--Andy33--Andy--South East England

The Royal Oak--The Haywood Hornet-Iain-North West England

Croaghan--dino-irl--Niall--Ireland (which covers Northern Ireland)

Inishanier--wildfowler--Graham--Ireland (which covers Northern Ireland)

geoawareUK2--Real Identity

Peripatetic UK Reviewer

Deci :anibad:

Edited by Deceangi

Just asking a question do reviewers have to be active Geocachers

When they start, yes.

Once they're a reviewer, no, they are too busy reviewing and publishing! :lol:

Yes, they are all 'well known' names in the land of UK (and Ireland) caching, under their own account names.

Edit to add:

From the knowledge book:

11.8. Volunteer Cache Reviewer

How do I become a volunteer cache reviewer?

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Thanks for that BEAR so if I clicked on the profile for all of the reviewers listed in this thread it will show long term premium membership with loads of caches found and hidden. :rolleyes:

Yes - if you click on their private caching profiles, rather than their reviewer profiles :)

Thanks for that BEAR so if I clicked on the profile for all of the reviewers listed in this thread it will show long term premium membership with loads of caches found and hidden. :rolleyes:

No, it will show very few (or no) caches found or hidden, as they do their caching under their personal account.

Read post #27 by Deci. (The UK senior reviewer -senior 'cos he's been doing it longest, not 'cos he's the oldest!) He says who the UK reviwers are, and links to their caching account.

If you clicked on my personal account you'd be able to see all my finds etc.

You just need to work out my playing name :ph34r:

Ahh so you were in Maldon last night ... hmmm ... I wonder ... the clues fit ... I think I may have had a natter with you last night ...

See you at the next one

Go on - have a guess as I have no idea :blink:

well, I'll have a plump for Cassandy...

Nah ... too keen a cacher and a fairly fast caching rate to boot.

Besides aren't reviewers supposed to live monastic lives in servitude and only occasionally venture out into the world for events ? :blink::D:ph34r:

I can't see Cass going for that!