Crop Circle club coin

redwingrr

My geoswag club coin, Crop Circles, came today and I really like it! Pics don't do it justice. The red side has a thick clear coat over it. When I feel for the actual edge of the coin from that side, it's not there! - my finger just glides onto the edge surface. In contrast, the other side has a sharp edge. This difference probably sounds irrelevant but I like it - very interesting.

The blue/red side is great, contrasting bare rough metal and translucents, both with multiple levels... texturally interesting again.

Also like that the required "Track at..." is on the edge.

Hope someone will post some better pics... I'm unable at the moment Thanks for a great coin.

Please tell ... What is the significance of the one black dot on the red side?

4058e1bc-5eef-4dca-96a3-2601154cf58c.jpg

Thanks Droo - those were posted by avroair though - I think they were from the mint. I'm having a vision problem at the moment but I snapped one. Still doesn't capture the coin though.

See those wierd optical effects in the shiny gold? That is not there! Must have been the aliens messing with my pic!!! :o

CropCircle2011.jpg?t=1304791515

Thanks Droo - those were posted by avroair though - I think they were from the mint. I'm having a vision problem at the moment but I snapped one. Still doesn't capture the coin though.

See those wierd optical effects in the shiny gold? That is not there! Must have been the aliens messing with my pic!!! :o

CropCircle2011.jpg?t=1304791515

Looks like Aliens are fans of Mickey Mouse to.

Edited by Team kizb

Any idea when this coin will be for sale on Geoswag?

Avroair had it listed in The Dirty Dozen thread as a Club Coin, so it may be that does not go it on general sale at Geoswag.

I thought it went on sale last week, but after checking it was the pin that was being offered...

I'm not overly impressed with it myself... Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't fit into any of the themes I prefer to collect, and I can't collect them all.

However I did get one. If anyone is interested in it and wants to work out a trade or purchase for it, send me an email....

And I won't even make you buy extra coins to obtain it! :blink:

:rolleyes: ...oops, did I type that out loud?!?!? :D

Any idea when this coin will be for sale on Geoswag?

Avroair had it listed in The Dirty Dozen thread as a Club Coin, so it may be that does not go it on general sale at Geoswag.

I thought it went on sale last week, but after checking it was the pin that was being offered...

I'm not overly impressed with it myself... Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't fit into any of the themes I prefer to collect, and I can't collect them all.

However I did get one. If anyone is interested in it and wants to work out a trade or purchase for it, send me an email....

And I won't even make you buy extra coins to obtain it! :blink:

:rolleyes: ...oops, did I type that out loud?!?!? :D

E-mail sent

i would like to buy one, if there is anyone wants to part with it, :unsure:

I'd be willing to trade mine for something more in line with what I collect. Like LL said in an earlier post, I just don't find Crop Circles fitting into any of the themes I collect. Email me with your traders.

I'd be willing to trade mine for something more in line with what I collect. Like LL said in an earlier post, I just don't find Crop Circles fitting into any of the themes I collect. Email me with your traders.

Yeah, it's definitely a nice coin, and the multi-layers under the transparent enamel are really cool, but not quite me so mines up for sale. :)

Yeah, it's definitely a nice coin, and the multi-layers under the transparent enamel are really cool, but not quite me so mines up for sale. :)

Hey Keewee,

Your best bet is posting in the Trading thread that is pinned at the top of the Geocoin Discussions forum. This is where trade request go.

Here's a link for you: Trade thread

LOL! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hey Keewee,

Your best bet is posting in the Trading thread that is pinned at the top of the Geocoin Discussions forum. This is where trade request go.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - boy, do I deserve that! You wait till I meet you in person - one day! :anibad:

Hey Keewee,

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - boy, do I deserve that! You wait till I meet you in person - one day! :anibad:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing myself. Thats actually how I was introduced to KeeWee

<<< Slic >>>

sold out.

Apparently there was an artist edition made, I have 20 which arrived today. :blink:

Will you be trading or selling these? Can't wait to see one in person. I seem to have a thing for coins with this kind of theme :D

Edited by Team kizb

There's now a Antique Silver Crop Circle coin listed on the presales page. Its not the Club coin, or the AE, so which version is it?

It shouldn't be there. I have inquired with Oakcoins. Usually for a club coin the artist gets half of the LE and the other half goes for sale for $19.97, so I am not sure if that is what happened (but the price is wrong anyhow).

There's now a Antique Silver Crop Circle coin listed on the presales page. Its not the Club coin, or the AE, so which version is it?

It shouldn't be there. I have inquired with Oakcoins. Usually for a club coin the artist gets half of the LE and the other half goes for sale for $19.97, so I am not sure if that is what happened (but the price is wrong anyhow).

So was the AS the LE version of the geocoin? There were QUITE a few in the store originally.

The colour of the Antique Silver are more agreeable with me. :)

So was the AS the LE version of the geocoin? There were QUITE a few in the store originally.

Yep. The number in the cart was entered wrong. I have a handful for trade.

Edit to add: there should have been a purple and gold one too, not sure what happened to it... will have to follow up. I probably told them to not make it yet, then forgot.

Edited by avroair

How do you see how many coins are available?

How do you see how many coins are available?

Add 999 to your cart and see how many it comes back and says are in stock. :)

Link to this store where this coin is please?

These were a club coin for the GeoSwag Coin & Pin Club (you subscribe and each month you get send out a geocoin/s and pin). The few left over after subscriptions were sent were sold on the presales page of the Geoswag website. They are long gone from there.

The only way to get one is to trade for it or buy it (from someone else or from eBay).

Edited by keewee