Collection feature.

I like the new 'collection' feature. However, I have a bit of a problem. Does anyone have a solution.

Before the feature was introduced I had a collection of coins that made a mess of my inventory. So I opened a sock puppet account and moved them there.

Now I would like to move them to my 'real' account and into my 'collection'. However, I don't see how to do it.

If I enter the tracking number from my real account, I am taken to the coin's page. where there is an option to 'move to collection'.

If I select this, I get an e-mail to say that is what I have done. BUT the coin remains in the sock puppet a/c. From this point on, I only seem to be able to 'Write note' or 'Discover' it. My coins seem to be stuck in the sock puppet a/c!

Am I missing something?

PP

I too seem to be having a problem with the collection feature. My coins are stored in one of my archived caches and don't seem to want to leave there! Tried transfering a few of them, but they never moved to the collection. Anyone know if there is a glitch with the collection feature?

I like the new 'collection' feature. However, I have a bit of a problem. Does anyone have a solution.

Before the feature was introduced I had a collection of coins that made a mess of my inventory. So I opened a sock puppet account and moved them there.

Now I would like to move them to my 'real' account and into my 'collection'. However, I don't see how to do it.

If I enter the tracking number from my real account, I am taken to the coin's page. where there is an option to 'move to collection'.

If I select this, I get an e-mail to say that is what I have done. BUT the coin remains in the sock puppet a/c. From this point on, I only seem to be able to 'Write note' or 'Discover' it. My coins seem to be stuck in the sock puppet a/c!

Am I missing something?

PP

First of all you'll need to adopt the coins over from the Sock Account into your Real Account. The SA will need to offer each coin for adoption to the RA. Use this link: http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/

Once the coins are all in the RA then you'll be the official owner and you should be able to move them about and change their statuses as required.

MrsB :)

Am I missing something?

PP

First of all you'll need to adopt the coins over from the Sock Account into your Real Account. The SA will need to offer each coin for adoption to the RA. Use this link: http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/

Once the coins are all in the RA then you'll be the official owner and you should be able to move them about and change their statuses as required.

MrsB :)

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer.

I do already own the coins as my main a/c. I 'Grabbed' them as the SP a/c.

PP

I too seem to be having a problem with the collection feature. My coins are stored in one of my archived caches and don't seem to want to leave there! Tried transfering a few of them, but they never moved to the collection. Anyone know if there is a glitch with the collection feature?

First, you'll need to retrieve each one from the archived cache so that it appears in your Inventory (As seen bottom right side here: http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx )

Once the item is in your Inventory, click on it to bring you to its home page. Under the 'Actions' drop-down you'll then have 3 options - and one of them is 'Move to Collection'.

Hope that helps.

MrsB

First, you'll need to retrieve each one from the archived cache so that it appears in your Inventory (As seen bottom right side here: http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx )

Once the item is in your Inventory, click on it to bring you to its home page. Under the 'Actions' drop-down you'll then have 3 options - and one of them is 'Move to Collection'.

Hope that helps.

MrsB

Thanks for the help MrsB, but I took this feature to be a one click way of moving all of our coins from that archived cache. The old way of storing activated coins. If it still requires me to grab each coin and move it to my inventory first after typing in each coins number then I guess they will just stay in the archived cache. Just over 160 coins stored in there and if it ain't one-click; then they aren't moving :D

Much like the OP though I get the email that they have been moved and it shows on my front page recent logs as being moved. But, only coin in "my collection" is just the one I moved there a couple years ago.

I believe the feature is supposed to work as a one-click option from the "your trackables" page, but maybe isn't working fully or as intended.

How odd. I can 'Grab' some of my own coins but not all of them!

They seem to be stuck. I can still 'discover' or write a note for them though.

PP

Ah! I think I see what I have done. From my 'proper' account I have looked at the coin page whilst it is in the SP account, selected 'move to collection' and as a result the coin ends up in the SP account collection!

If I move it back to the SP inventory whilst in the SP account, I can grab them back again.

This means that if anybody else has one of my trackables in their inventory, I can view the trackable page, move the trackable into THE OTHER CACHER'S collection and then can't get it back! I think.

PP

Edited by PinkPaisley

How odd. I can 'Grab' some of my own coins but not all of them!

They seem to be stuck. I can still 'discover' or write a note for them though.

PP

Ah! I think I see what I have done. From my 'proper' account I have looked at the coin page whilst it is in the SP account, selected 'move to collection' and as a result the coin ends up in the SP account collection!

If I move it back to the SP inventory whilst in the SP account, I can grab them back again from my 'proper' account.

This means that if anybody else has one of my trackables in their inventory, I can view the trackable page, move the trackable into THE OTHER CACHER'S collection and then can't get it back! I think.

PP

Edited by PinkPaisley