Incorrect Find Date

We have just returned from a geocaching holiday to Wiltshire and used public library computer terminals to log our finds. Somehow, we have managed to log around 35 caches with find dates of 5th/6th March and April instead of similar dates in May. I find this very embarrassing and wonder if there is a way of correcting this error? :unsure:

Similarly if you write the wrong log type - for example you write a Found It log but meant to write a Note. You can't change a log type so just delete the old log and write a new one.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

???

I was sure you were able to change log types in the past - so had to go and try it out.....

Managed to change between "Found it" and "Write Note" and back again with no problem on logs dating back to 2007 :)

However.....on a slightly different topic....I was unable to write a log of any kind using Chrome, and had to revert to IE9 to get the log page to format properly. Is this a known issue since the site revamp?

Similarly if you write the wrong log type - for example you write a Found It log but meant to write a Note. You can't change a log type so just delete the old log and write a new one.

Chris

Graculus

???

I was sure you were able to change log types in the past - so had to go and try it out.....

Managed to change between "Found it" and "Write Note" and back again with no problem on logs dating back to 2007 :)

However.....on a slightly different topic....I was unable to write a log of any kind using Chrome, and had to revert to IE9 to get the log page to format properly. Is this a known issue since the site revamp?

Thanks for all the replies....just spent more than an hour correcting all my find dates...won't do that again in a hurry!!

Chris

Graculus

???

Thanks for all the replies....just spent more than an hour correcting all my find dates...won't do that again in a hurry!!

Has anyone found that the posted log date on the geocaching site, and the log date in "My Finds" pocket query for the same log to be off by 1 day? We have not changed or modified the incorrect logs, and this only happened in about 6 of 900 records? We only noticed this when we used GSAK's macro to create a profile page that showed our consecutive streak to be 17 days when we know it is 79.

Has anyone found that the posted log date on the geocaching site, and the log date in "My Finds" pocket query for the same log to be off by 1 day? We have not changed or modified the incorrect logs, and this only happened in about 6 of 900 records? We only noticed this when we used GSAK's macro to create a profile page that showed our consecutive streak to be 17 days when we know it is 79.

Can happen if you log by phone/iphone after about 7pm...

It is a known problem at Groundspeak. :blink: