Ever wonder if famous people used to/or currently cache?

One of my cache books had this entry, but it was never logged online. No, I haven't a clue if it was that Harrison Ford. :laughing: But, as California66er said, many locals don't really care about the celebrities in the population. I thought it was an interesting name entry, nothing more.

HF41909.jpg?t=1305052621

Whoa. That is really cool. You should make a thread just about that log! :anibad:

One of my cache books had this entry, but it was never logged online. No, I haven't a clue if it was that Harrison Ford. :laughing: But, as California66er said, many locals don't really care about the celebrities in the population. I thought it was an interesting name entry, nothing more.

HF41909.jpg?t=1305052621

Whoa. That is really cool. You should make a thread just about that log! :anibad:

If I did, I bet the names of a lot more famous folks would begin showing up in my log books! :lol:

HF41909.jpg?t=1305052621

Hmmm... Compare it to the one outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

2909611837_5213feccdd.jpg

What ya think?!?!

HF41909.jpg?t=1305052621

What ya think?!?!

Compare it to the 'Yo Steve' and the 'H' and 'A' in this autograph and I would say it's quite similar. Of course, the samples we are using to compare are super small and we are comparing printed all caps writing which doesn't lend itself to easy, definitive comparisons.

Hans-Solo-Harrison-Ford.jpg

Edited by sbell111

HF41909.jpg?t=1305052621

:blink: WOW

That's just awesome. Probably was this guy though.

Mysteriously, not one single picture in the gallery. Coincidence? :unsure:

HF41909.jpg?t=1305052621

:blink: WOW

That's just awesome. Probably was this guy though.

Mysteriously, not one single picture in the gallery. Coincidence? :unsure:

Not a surprise there are no pictures in the gallery, as there are no found caches logged either. :)

Would be kind of fun though, if someone that famous was to Geocache and use their real (stage) name for their handle.

Jolly Blackburn is a semi famous cartoonist who used to be cacher and occasional participant in these forums. His caching name was Jollybgood. Looks like he hasn't been active for a while, at least under that account.

I remember Jollybgood. A coworker of mine is still way into D&D and is big fan of his Knights of the Dinner Table comic strip.

Lots of geocachers have super busy lives. It's not a fame thing.

Well....It is for ME! :laughing::anitongue:

Bear with me, I have a friggin' HUGE ego and delusions of grandeur. :anibad:

Really? I just read your info page and now my mind is all aboggled. Think I need some fresh air... :P

As a result of reading a few key phrases contained within, the dormant nanites that are in your bloodstream (thanks to my secret monopoly of food additive supply plants) have now become active. That "aboggled" feeling is just the nanites eating most of the voluntary portions of your brain and reassiging your logic centers to Snoogancentric thinking and worship. Soon the fillings in your teeth will begin to pick up my control frequency and you'll receive further instructions. :)

Lots of geocachers have super busy lives. It's not a fame thing.

Well....It is for ME! :laughing::anitongue:

Bear with me, I have a friggin' HUGE ego and delusions of grandeur. :anibad:

Really? I just read your info page and now my mind is all aboggled. Think I need some fresh air... :P

As a result of reading a few key phrases contained within, the dormant nanites that are in your bloodstream (thanks to my secret monopoly of food additive supply plants) have now become active. That "aboggled" feeling is just the nanites eating most of the voluntary portions of your brain and reassiging your logic centers to Snoogancentric thinking and worship. Soon the fillings in your teeth will begin to pick up my control frequency and you'll receive further instructions. :)

Roger that, Sir. Everything but the fillings. I had something happen during my active duty time that pretty much removed most of my teeth. No fillings left for the freq's to be received. Awaiting further instructions.

Jolly Blackburn is a semi famous cartoonist who used to be cacher and occasional participant in these forums. His caching name was Jollybgood. Looks like he hasn't been active for a while, at least under that account.

I remember Jollybgood. A coworker of mine is still way into D&D and is big fan of his Knights of the Dinner Table comic strip.

I've found a few of JBG's caches and even met him a few years ago. We had a nice chat about both of our mutual interests. Nice guy.

HF41909.jpg?t=1305052621

What ya think?!?!

Woah... harrison ford caches in the shadows? :D

I have heard that Chuck Norris is a Geocacher. Don't know if that is true though.

Its true. He caches under the name of Alamogul.

Huh!

Must be a different Chuck Norris from the one we are all thinking of! .... like the movie star .... :huh:Picture from among many in Alamogul's gallery

NoNoNo. He's the little man that lives behind Chuck Norris' beard. He rooms with the fist. :anibad::laughing::laughing:

I thought there was a cache behind his beard?

I can not remember his name right now or the name of the video game he created, but he has been spotlighted on Groundspeak for one of his themed caches, and I also believe he is the cacher that put the geocache on the International Space Station.

Someone please chime in with his name.

DrgnTrappr

Not quite as famous as SNOOGANS, however... :o

in·fa·mous   /ˈɪnfəməs [in-fuh-muhs]

–adjective

1. having an extremely bad reputation: an infamous city.

2. deserving of or causing an evil reputation; shamefully malign; detestable: an infamous deed.

—Can be confused:   famous, notorious (see synonym note at famous).

—Synonyms

1. disreputable, ill-famed, notorious. 2. disgraceful, scandalous; nefarious, odious, wicked, shocking, vile, base, heinous, villainous

I think "infamous" was the word you meant to type. I mean, it's established I'm the guy that started all the micro proliferation in geocaching with my O.D.S. project. I'm probably the reason so many trackables go missing at MEGA events. It's rumored that the problem of cache degradation is directly attributable to me/my followers and it has been prophesied on at least 3 separate occasions that I will be the one who eventually destroys geocaching. :anibad:

I won't consider myself famous until The Pesident mentions me at a state dinner (like Obama did for that NJ <expletave deleted> Snookie) or my Snoogans Geocacher FB page gets system locked at 5000 friends (Like Lord British aka Richard Garriott) and I need to start a Public Figure fan page. :unsure:

My ego is already friggin' HUGE. Imagine how unbearable I'll be if that happens. :anibad::laughing:

Sidebar: I just love the sound of the word "heinous." As in, what Snoogans did with all those micros at GW4 was soooo heinous... I could just say it all day...heinous heinous heinous heinous heinous :laughing:

Edited by Snoogans
Sharon "Birdchick" Stiteler, author of "Disapproving Rabbits" is, among other things, a cacher.

She has a modest level of geek fame.

Okay, I know Sharon and she knows I geocache and she has never let on! Right now she's busy rescuing injured herons at the destroyed heron rookery, but I will be speaking with her about this....LOL. If she wants a primo spot here next fall for "Birds and Beers," she'd better dish!