Ever wonder if famous people used to/or currently cache?

Ever wonder if famous people cache? Ever wonder if the president used to go caching? Maybe he has hidden some?

What does it mean "to cache", though? They created an account? They found a cache once? They found a bunch of caches once? They have had an account for years, and occasionally use it? They cache with some regularity? That's all they can talk about at Hollywood bashes?

I wouldn't doubt that famous people cache. The thing is, they probably aren't going to go advertising that they do it and if they did, they aren't going to reveal their username lest a bunch of geeks with GPS's and smartphones try to swarm them :D

They likely either don't log their finds, or log them late. They probably don't log from GZ, that would seem to be a security risk.

I heard somewhere that the Obama girls like to geocache.

That would actually stink... the Secret Service would have to find, check then secure the perimiter before the first girls could hunt... bummer

Actually, I think it was pre-election that I heard that.

There was actually a rumor going around that I am Wink Martindale.

Imagine that! :rolleyes:

You have no idea how long I actually believed that! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I still have no idea how that got started. I gotta hand it to the person(s) that got it going though. It wasn't malicious and it's really funny. :laughing:

BTW- Wink Martindale IS a geocacher. There is a link to his profile on some thread or other.

You have no idea how long I actually believed that! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I still have no idea how that got started. I gotta hand it to the person(s) that got it going though. It wasn't malicious and it's really funny. :laughing:

BTW- Wink Martindale IS a geocacher. There is a link to his profile on some thread or other.

I did a search on 'Martindale'. Waaay too many posts to search through.

I have heard that Chuck Norris is a Geocacher. Don't know if that is true though.

Its true. He caches under the name of Alamogul.

Wow. I never knew chuck norris has over 50,000 finds and is a charter member. .

But I will quote this

Cav Scout, on Feb 26 2008, 07:06 PM, said:

When I was in Texas I stopped at a Pro Bass shop to buy some fishing gear with my freind and when I came out this guy was looking at my geocaching sticker on my Jeep. He asked if I was the owner of the jeep and low and behold, it was Chuck Norris! I was like wow, this guy is the coolest idol around. He told me he geocached every now and then, and told me about a micro hidden in the nearby walmart parking lot.

He even round house kicked a soda can out of my freinds hand!

The geocaching community is awesome.

Edited by sword fern

Not sure who started it, but when I read it (in a thread similar to this one) I'm pretty sure it was Briansnat that said it. Which is why I took it at face value at the time. Honestly, it was probably a year or two later that I saw a picture of you, and realized that you couldn't be Wink.

Richard Garriott of course.

A very interesting person to read about. B)

I was researching his 2 mission patches that I got from Necropolis and I discovered that he legally owns property on the moon. No foolin'. He OWNS the Apollo Lunar Rover. (Bought it at auction.)

That got me thinkin'. He must have been given a gub'mint manual (for all the duckets he dropped to buy it) in case he was ever to encounter his property, so he could actually charge and drive the darned thing. Somewhere on it there HAS to be a serial number that isn't published and THAT could be used as verification for a cache. B)B)B)

I sent him an email, but he never answered. He's a very busy guy I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Edited by Snoogans

Not sure who started it, but when I read it (in a thread similar to this one) I'm pretty sure it was Briansnat that said it. Which is why I took it at face value at the time. Honestly, it was probably a year or two later that I saw a picture of you, and realized that you couldn't be Wink.

That doesn't surprise me. I remember when it first got started, I didn't exaaaactly deny it. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I have heard that Chuck Norris is a Geocacher. Don't know if that is true though.

Huh!

Must be a different Chuck Norris from the one we are all thinking of! .... like the movie star .... :huh:Picture from among many in Alamogul's gallery

He really is an amazing master of disguise, isn't he? Chuck Norris isn't generally known for that talent of his.

Huh!

Must be a different Chuck Norris from the one we are all thinking of! .... like the movie star .... :huh:Picture from among many in Alamogul's gallery

He really is an amazing master of disguise, isn't he? Chuck Norris isn't generally known for that talent of his.

Plastic surgery? Face mask? :anicute:

Huh!

Not generally. Chuck is what is known as a "facial contortionist". His facial muscles are extraordinarily strong yet flexible and so, he is able to change is looks at will.

Huh!

Not generally. Chuck is what is known as a "facial contortionist". His facial muscles are extraordinarily strong yet flexible and so, he is able to change is looks at will.

Whoa. That is disturbing yet awesome. I would love to see his facial muscles in action! :laughing:

Huh!

Uhhh ... yeah ... I believe you where others wouldn't. ops.png

Huh!

Uhhh ... yeah ... I believe you where others wouldn't. ops.png

I wonder if somebody has emailed alamogul to see if he really IS chuck norris. I don't think I will :rolleyes:

I've met Alamogal, he's no Chuck Norris.

Here is the proof that chuck norris is not alamogul.

If chuck norris ever comes to the forums and sees this thread, what will his reaction be? I am thinking more along the lines of :blink:

I wouldn't doubt that famous people cache. The thing is, they probably aren't going to go advertising that they do it and if they did, they aren't going to reveal their username lest a bunch of geeks with GPS's and smartphones try to swarm them :D

They likely either don't log their finds, or log them late. They probably don't log from GZ, that would seem to be a security risk.

Assuming they're in Los Angeles when they do it, it's a pretty low security risk. None of us really care about celebrities, and those who do can't fight the traffic to go mob them, anyway.

Assuming they're in Los Angeles when they do it, it's a pretty low security risk. None of us really care about celebrities, and those who do can't fight the traffic to go mob them, anyway.

There's a pretty low risk to them, anyway. Just because someone logs from a cache site doesn't mean that the mob is going to arrive before that person leaves. It's ferociously unlikely, in fact.

One of my cache books had this entry, but it was never logged online. No, I haven't a clue if it was that Harrison Ford. :laughing: But, as California66er said, many locals don't really care about the celebrities in the population. I thought it was an interesting name entry, nothing more.

HF41909.jpg?t=1305052621

Edited by aka Momster