Site is down.

Well it was and I had to login again because it had not remembered me as it usually does. Twitter says it is back but it is down again - get an error page with the geocaching logo when I try to login. Had trouble getting into the forums as well as it needed me to log in again and said that I needed to use the login in the top right of the screen - trouble is there was no login feature anywhere on the screen. Very frustrating on a Friday night.

Update - gone completely - 500 internal server error

Think I might knock it on the head tonight and abandon caching tomorrow.

Edited by C0lin

Thought it was only me (again.)

I don't recall the announcement that others speak of. Usually it's posted on the top of pages, or get it during announcements. Not so this time.

Finally thought I was in.

Tried to email a CO (after a multi today) and got dumped as it was sent.

Tried to get back to retry (yeah right) or at least get back on cache page and again dumped.

- Now I'll probably end up on a "guy gets a FTF and doesn't log in on time!" thread. :rolleyes:

I don't recall the announcement that others speak of. Usually it's posted on the top of pages, or get it during announcements. Not so this time.

I was switching between two cache descriptions trying to crack a difficulty 5 puzzle and it just went down on me. I almost threw the laptop out of the window. Will have to start again another time.

Hmm I thought a hotfix was a software change on the fly. In other words without taking the site down. Now I am getting that annoying hamster telling me that the site will be taken down for maintenance on 4th May!! Thought today was May 6th. Not impressed.

I'm sure it'll be back soon. I'm just glad they are addressing the issues quickly.

Hmm I thought a hotfix was a software change on the fly. In other words without taking the site down. Now I am getting that annoying hamster telling me that the site will be taken down for maintenance on 4th May!! Thought today was May 6th. Not impressed.

I'm sure it'll be back soon. I'm just glad they are addressing the issues quickly.

I guess you are right. Was a bit annoyed went it went down with no warning but have cooled down now. I see that they have updated twitter to acknowledge that it is down again. I am sure it will be even better when it is all fixed.