Dandelion Coins!

ECplus3

The dandelion is a truly remarkable plant, though some think it nothing more than a weed. The dandelion is an excellent barometer, one of the commonest and most reliable. If the seed ball is fluffy and feathery, then fine caching weather is in the future. But when rain approaches, it shuts like an umbrella.

Having difficulty finding that cache? Folklore says that if you blow the seeds from the stalk, the wind will carry them east, west, north, or south -- showing the direction of that which you seek.

Are you having trouble trusting your GPS? The dandelion comes to the rescue again! It is said that if you can blow all the seeds off with one blow, then your lover (or GPS) is true to you. If some remain, then the relationship is fickle. If a lot remain, you'd better get some fresh batteries.

First samples arrived yesterday and here is the first pic:

dandelion.jpg

While the translucent enamel I chose is too dark for the depth of the recessed area, I really like how it turned out. I'll be getting more samples made with a different colour.

Edited by Eartha

First samples arrived yesterday and here is the first pic:

dandelion.jpg

While the translucent enamel I chose is too dark for the depth of the recessed area, I really like how it turned out. I'll be getting more samples made with a different colour.

Change the flower on the front side to something darker and leave the puffball on the back the same dark green and call it the "Night Vision Dandilion" edition or something like that. (Maybe just "Night Caching Edition")

I have loved dandelions since childhood. As a totally newbie, where might I find out about ordering those once you finish designing them?

(As for mutant dandelions ... I recently discovered what I thought were overgrown giant dandelions were actually something else entirely. Very depressing, and bad for my allergies too. Bummer.)

I have loved dandelions since childhood. As a totally newbie, where might I find out about ordering those once you finish designing them?

(As for mutant dandelions ... I recently discovered what I thought were overgrown giant dandelions were actually something else entirely. Very depressing, and bad for my allergies too. Bummer.)

I will post details on how to order the coins in this thread. I suspect that will be sometime in early June.

The second set of samples are in and these turned out much better!

I can't choose which ones are my favourites, so I am making them all available!

The pre-sale for these coins will start at noon EST on Friday June 3rd.

PHD11301.jpg

Antique Bronze/light green

PHD11302.jpg

Antique Gold/dark green

PHD11303.jpg

Antique Nickel/blue

PHD11304.jpg

Satin Gold/red

PHD11305.jpg

Antique Copper/orange

PHD11306.jpg

Satin Silver/purple

trying to order a summer moonshine, but getting an error message?

ILYK

Same here........checked the clock just to make sure I was trying at the right time:)

Oops. Note to self: Test ALL possible actions on the website are working before a new coin launch. :o

It looks like there was a problem when people added a coin to their cart before they logged in. This has been fixed! Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by E&Cplus3

I ask again....where is the website to buy these???????

The place to always check first (if it isn't posted) is the persons profile - in this case, click Visit Homepage and you'll be taken there. :)

Sorry, I usually do put a link in the post announcing the presale. Must have slipped my mind this time.

*indirect link removed by moderator*

My presales usually last 10 days, so this one is open until next Monday (June 13th).

Edited by Eartha

Ordered mine also. :)

Looking forward to getting these.

Are they a full size coin, or a micro?

32mm diameter & 3mm thick ...I think

They are the same diameter as a Geotag (32mm or 1.25") but 3mm thick instead of the 2mm of the tag. Don't know if this makes it a micro, but it is smaller than a normal coin. It won't fit in a 35mm film canister though.

Thanks everyone!

369 coins ordered! My best showing yet!! :D

There weren't any editions declared as LEs, but the most LEish is the Satin Silver (at 47 ordered)

There will be an XLE, but I'll save that as a surprise. ;)

We partnered with E&Cplus3 on the presales of the Dandelion Geocoin. If anyone missed out, we have a few up for presale still. These will remain (qty limited) for presale until the production batch arrives.

If you have any questions, just shoot over an email.