Palm Pre won't log in

Well, trying to cache on the run so I launch Geocaching for the webOS, and it tells me bqad username or password. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. Reloading the app, checking for updates for phone and app, even others having the same issue. Nothing yet, So here I am looking for info...

Anyone got some???

Thanks

Are you logging in at the https://www.geocaching.com/ front or https://www.geocaching.com/login/ page?

Apparently there is some difference between the two -- since the recent site update, the Geosphere app for iPhone doesn't work from the "front page" any more -- but does still work from the login page. Maybe Palm Pre is affected similarly?

Edited by Portland Cyclist

I'm having the same problem on my palm pre. It's the geocaching.com app, at least on my end. :(

EDIT: I can get in via webos on the geocaching.com/login site but that's not of much help when I'm in a place I don't know and want to search for nearby caches.

Edited by BubbaTahu

I've been having the same issue...which was a nightmare for me, because I was in Las vegas for a few days and wanted to cache there, but my app wouldn't work. I was able to access the website and gather enough clues from logs and such in order to find at least one cache and a few virtual caches...

I hope they get this fixed soon, as I only use my palm pre plus, and don't have a seperate gps!

I started having this log in problem recently too. I was using Geocaching for WebOS Beta installed using Preware. When that stopped working and I was no longer able to log into geocaching.com, I tried removing and reinstalling the stable release 0.4.8. I've been back and forth several times. Nothing works.

My Geocaching.com account is good. I can log in no problem from the web browser. Wrote to Georgo, no reply. REALLY annoying.

I got an email from georgo giving me the history of this app. Very informative. I'll post it at the bottom.

Since this is an open source app there have been a few people to take up the project and have identified the problem and fixed it. It does require a pc to phone cable tho. You have to

• Get the app install tool here(this will walk you thru it)
  • Get the most recent drivers installed on your computer (done by tool automatically)
  • Get your Palm Pre into Developer Mode (also in the guide above)
  • Download the app to your computer
  • Install app with the tool

Most of it is pretty straight forward and the tool automates alot of it. I would check out Jeremy's site where Georgo posted the december update and will, most likely post an update but dlf2001 linked this and it works great

Here is the email I got from Georgo10 ---

I apologize for the broken application.

First of all, I must tell you a story. Some years ago I bought Palm Pre.

I'm big fan of Geocaching. So I decide to write my own application for

geocaching for this phone. I write application for myself and it never

be otherwise.

After some time I decided to share my work with others in Palm

Application Catalog - But purpose - application for myself - was never

changed.

Geocaching for webOS now not using any official API, in fact, it parse

geocaching.com site - so, every little change on website is disaster for

my app.

Now - why is not Geocaching for webOS fixed yet? There is a lot of

factors - First of all - I'm very, very, very busy with my full-time

job. Second - HP/Palm is now preparing brand new framework for

developers, so I'm playing with it. Third - Groundspeak will release

public API soon and fixing application now means do the one thing twice.

After many responses from users, I'll prepare fixed application of

Geocaching for webOS this weekend. I'm sorry, it can't be sooner - I'm

very busy at the moment.

Notice: Geocaching for webOS is open-source application. You can

everytime fork it and share with others.

Have a nice day

Regards

---

Tomas Kopecny aka Georgo10

Geocaching for webOS developer

http://go4cache.com

Tomas, Thanks for the great app for the Palm pre. I look forward to seeing where you go with it and I'll definatly be a tester if you need another one. :)

Download the update from the site, maybe onto your desktop. Open WebOS Quick Installer, drag and drop the downloaded file into the WebOS Installer, files to install section, then click install at the bottom of the installer. If all works as advertised, you should have an updated Geocaching program soon after.

hey guys, I have a problem!

I managed to get the app to work through the download helper, but when I want to find caches, it shows the caches that are nearby, but it when I click on a "link" all i get to see is an empty page.

Can anyone tell me why it doesn't show where i can find the cach?

I've only ever worked with the geocaching app via i-phone so I don't know where else to find help.

kind regards

immadonmaddy

I got an email from georgo giving me the history of this app. Very informative. I'll post it at the bottom.

Since this is an open source app there have been a few people to take up the project and have identified the problem and fixed it. It does require a pc to phone cable tho. You have to

• Get the app install tool here(this will walk you thru it)
  • Get the most recent drivers installed on your computer (done by tool automatically)
  • Get your Palm Pre into Developer Mode (also in the guide above)
  • Download the app to your computer
  • Install app with the tool

Most of it is pretty straight forward and the tool automates alot of it. I would check out Jeremy's site where Georgo posted the december update and will, most likely post an update but dlf2001 linked this and it works great

Here is the email I got from Georgo10 ---

I apologize for the broken application.

First of all, I must tell you a story. Some years ago I bought Palm Pre.

I'm big fan of Geocaching. So I decide to write my own application for

geocaching for this phone. I write application for myself and it never

be otherwise.

After some time I decided to share my work with others in Palm

Application Catalog - But purpose - application for myself - was never

changed.

Geocaching for webOS now not using any official API, in fact, it parse

geocaching.com site - so, every little change on website is disaster for

my app.

Now - why is not Geocaching for webOS fixed yet? There is a lot of

factors - First of all - I'm very, very, very busy with my full-time

job. Second - HP/Palm is now preparing brand new framework for

developers, so I'm playing with it. Third - Groundspeak will release

public API soon and fixing application now means do the one thing twice.

After many responses from users, I'll prepare fixed application of

Geocaching for webOS this weekend. I'm sorry, it can't be sooner - I'm

very busy at the moment.

Notice: Geocaching for webOS is open-source application. You can

everytime fork it and share with others.

Have a nice day

Regards

---

Tomas Kopecny aka Georgo10

Geocaching for webOS developer

http://go4cache.com

Tomas, Thanks for the great app for the Palm pre. I look forward to seeing where you go with it and I'll definatly be a tester if you need another one. :)

THANK YOU, TOMAS!! I thought it was my technology-challenged brain that made the app no longer work. Actually, I thought it was letting my premium status lapse that made it not function at all.

And thank you to ca-2-mo for pointing out that I needed to check for updates for apps on my Pre. Nobody reminded me......and I wasn't told to do it occasionally. :rolleyes:

Okay, it works....sort of. It thinks I am 30 miles further south than I really am. How do I fix that? Thanks for any help you post. :)

Edited by PeachyPA