Adding picture to garage sale forum

You don't upload it directly to the forums. You need to upload it to an image hosting site like Picasa or Image Shack. There you will get a link to the picture that you will copy and past into the post through the incert image hash tags. Just click on the little image icon in the top of the message field. Then copy the link there and your all set. Or you can type it all in using the [ and ] around img then the link and the [ and ] around /img.

You don't upload it directly to the forums. You need to upload it to an image hosting site like Picasa or Image Shack. There you will get a link to the picture that you will copy and past into the post through the incert image hash tags. Just click on the little image icon in the top of the message field. Then copy the link there and your all set. Or you can type it all in using the [ and ] around img then the link and the [ and ] around /img.

I tried photobucket, Did the copy of the url posted it in, but all it shows is a bunch of letters and stuff,no picture?

I tried photobucket, Did the copy of the url posted it in, but all it shows is a bunch of letters and stuff,no picture?

I use a special blog just for uploading pics for geocaching.

just create a blog and boom! it will be ever useful!

I use a special blog just for uploading pics for geocaching.

just create a blog and boom! it will be ever useful!

If i knew how to do that, It sounds good. I am old and new to all this. Thanks for your help.

You want the [Direct link] code from the Photobucket link options. Copy that, then select the Insert Image icon when you're creating a forum message, paste the code into "Insert URL," and you're good.

If you just paste the code (even the code) directly into the forum message, it doesn't work for some reason (I've tried it).

Edited by hydnsek

You want the [Direct link] code from the Photobucket link options. Copy that, then select the Insert Image icon when you're creating a forum message, paste the code into "Insert URL," and you're good.

If you just paste the code (even the code) directly into the forum message, it doesn't work for some reason (I've tried it).

When i do it that way,i get this>>You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board

When i do it that way,i get this>>You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board

You're clicking the Image icon and not the Link icon to insert the image here, correct?

If so, what kind of file format is the uploaded image? Should be JPG or GIF or PNG, I think. Or maybe that error's referring to something else, I dunno - never had a problem.

Edited by hydnsek

You're clicking the Image icon and not the Link icon to insert the image here, correct?

If so, what kind of file format is the uploaded image? Should be JPG or GIF or PNG, I think. Or maybe that error's referring to something else, I dunno - never had a problem.

I dunno either, I give up for the night, i'll give it try tomorrow, Thanks.

Here's an idea which doesn't involve any other image hosting sites:

You own a couple of caches - Put a Note log onto one of them and then add your images to that log, in the usual manner. Then click the link under the log to view the image, and click on the image to "View original". That'll give you the image on its own with the URL from geocaching.com

Then you can create your post in the Garage Sale Forum, click the "mini tree" icon, paste in the URL into the box, click "Insert image".

Done.

MrsB :)

Here's an idea which doesn't involve any other image hosting sites:

You own a couple of caches - Put a Note log onto one of them and then add your images to that log, in the usual manner. Then click the link under the log to view the image, and click on the image to "View original". That'll give you the image on its own with the URL from geocaching.com

Then you can create your post in the Garage Sale Forum, click the "mini tree" icon, paste in the URL into the box, click "Insert image".

Done.

MrsB :)

I tried what you said,but now i don't see the option to edit my ad posting? My wife says i don't have but a short time to do it.