Problems with geocoin

Nmbrgrl

A generous fellow cacher gifted a coin to me recently and I'm a bit puzzled as to why I can't access it. We did the adoption process which went okay. I accidently put it in my collection not fully understanding what that meant. I thought I was taking from his inventory and putting it in mine but that was not the case. The problem is I can't get it out of my collection because it does not show up on my collection inventory. It shows I own it (I adopted it) but I can't put it back into circulation. Frustrating! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

On your profile page there is a link called "Trackables Collection" clicking on that will take you to the page where the coin should be listed. On the right side you should see a link that says "Move to Inventory", clicking on that will drop the coin back into your inventory.

Hope this works :smile:

Oh! Nevermind.... I see now that it still shows in the hands of the other cacher. You need to make a grab it log on the coin to take the coin out of the hands of the other cacher.

If you can't make a grab it log and it doesn't show up in your collection it probably means it's still in the other cachers collection. If that is the case then they need to goto their collection and drop it back into their inventory, so you can then make a grab it log.

Edited by sdkonkle

If you're talking about the Yemon Yime coin....you are showing as the owner. It is listed in your trackables' owned/activated list. However you still have to grab it so use the tracking number to pull up the coin page and log your grab. Then you can choose to place it in your inventory or collection.

I am unable to "grab" it from goose because it shows that I put it in my collection but does not show under the collection option to place it back in circulation. I will contact him and see if he can place it in my hands or something. I don't know what happened. :(

Well, that's weird as I see it listed in Goose's hands so how can it be in two places where you can't get to either one of those places to change its status. If you can't grab it and you can't see it on your Trackables Collection to move to your Trackables Inventory I suggest you contact Groundspeak for assistance. Send email to contact at Groundspeak dot com and include the tracking number so they can locate your coin and see what's up with it.

Sorry.... I had noticed that also.... I can't place it in "your hands".... I think you have to grab it from me..... But you will probably have to take it out of your "collection". Sorry.... That's really confusing. Maybe contacting Groundspeak would be the best..... Or I could "place" the coin in a cache and you could "retrieve" it.... Maybe that would

Be the best option.

Nmbrgrl.... when you go to the coin page does it look like this? (I edited the image a wee bit to show what an owner sees vs what everyone else sees).

Do you have the drop down menu that I'm point to here?

If so select Move to Inventory, click Go and see what happens.

Nmbgrlcoin.jpg

Edited by Droo

Okay after a couple failed attempts I am still no closer to getting this out of goose's hands. LOL Such a confusing process! Droo-The only options I get in the drop down window are "mark as missing" and "recalculate mileage". Goose placed it in inventory (I received a note as owner) but it still shows in his hands. Not stop...geocaching help. :) Thank you for your trying.

Oh! Nevermind.... I see now that it still shows in the hands of the other cacher. You need to make a grab it log on the coin to take the coin out of the hands of the other cacher.

If you can't make a grab it log and it doesn't show up in your collection it probably means it's still in the other cachers collection. If that is the case then they need to goto their collection and drop it back into their inventory, so you can then make a grab it log.

BINGO! :antenna:

So updates so far. Goose took it out of his collection and placed it in a cache (virtually only) It shows in the cache but I still cannot grab it nor does it show in either of my collections, just shows me as owner. Contacted help and I'll let you know what thye say. Seems somewhere along the line I boobooed on a process that caused all this. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. :)

Hello from germany,

I run exactly in the same problem like Nmbrgrl (adoption, move to my collection and now the coin is in the hands of the person how send me the adaption) and I have no idea how I get my new nice coin back to my inventory.

Nobody can grabb or dropp off this nice coin. Who is responsible for such a case?

Hello from germany,

I run exactly in the same problem like Nmbrgrl (adoption, move to my collection and now the coin is in the hands of the person how send me the adaption) and I have no idea how I get my new nice coin back to my inventory.

Nobody can grabb or dropp off this nice coin. Who is responsible for such a case?

As soon as I find out I'll let you know! LOL so far no response. :)

If someone can clarify the difference between inventory and collection, that would be great. I'm not exaclty clear on it. And how this relates to activation/nonactivation, and what's visible to others and not. Thanks.

dh

Well, if they are not activated, they are not yet set up to be tracked on geocaching.com. We are not talking about those.

After you activate a coin, it is then ready to be tracked on geocaching.com. It will at that point be placed in your 'inventory'. Your inventory is all the registered trackable items that you are carrying around in your pack, ready to be placed into a cache. It includes coins that you own, as well as those that you are helping along their journey, but that actually belong to someone else. These items are shown on the bottom page when you log a cache, so that you can do actions with them such as dropped off or visited.

But sometimes, you own a coin, and you are never planning to put it in a cache. You keep it in on your desk or in a binder, you might take it to an event occasionally. But you don't want it to show on the page every time you log a cache. So you can move it to your 'collection'. It is still yours, it is still trackable, but it doesn't show when you log caches anymore. It is in a safe place. Of course, if you change your mind and want to log it somewhere, you can always move it from your collection back to your inventory.

If you show your coins to others, they are able to discover them, whether they are in your inventory or in your collection. But if they are in your collection, they are not able to grab them.