Trackable Promotions

The only thing I know about that is remotely promotional, is a free trackable being sent with purchases. The guy must have paid for his own trackables to be sent out this way, to promote himself. There is a thread here about it.

Other than that, I am unaware of any new promotions coming out. If there were one, it would probably be announced. Keep an eye on the trackables page, and this forum now and then.

There are still some rare Jeeps out there, anyone holding one should release it for others to pass on, and there are Unite For Diabetes TBs still out there, some just recently released by the people who wrote away for them.

Geico is starting a new promotion with Geocaching.com tomorrow, May 14; 6,000 Gecko-shaped TB's are to be released. You can request a free TB to be sent to you. The contest lasts for 20 weeks and some entries will win free GPS units. We have a relative who works for Geico who told us about this one. See details at

http://www.geocaching.com/geico/

uh-oh. I better get the 'Your GEICO travel tag is already activated' thread ready.

uh-oh. I better get the 'Your GEICO travel tag is already activated' thread ready.

Actually, you won't this time:

"Request a Free trackable Gecko and we'll mail you a brand new, un-activated one (while supplies last) as long as you agree to place it in a geocache and help it get started on a journey."

Actually, you won't this time:

"Request a Free trackable Gecko and we'll mail you a brand new, un-activated one (while supplies last) as long as you agree to place it in a geocache and help it get started on a journey."

Ah, My bad for not reading closer.

Sadly, the TB offer and the Sweepstakes seems to be limited to US Citizens... Had me all worked up there for a while. Maybe next time. No hard feelings, it is THEIR Contest after all. I'll have to see if Geico does business up here... I know they won't in BC at least for vehicle insurance... ours is a function of provincial government established corporation.

Will have to watch for some to cross the border this summer. Now wondering if Geckos need passports or visas...

Doug 7rxc

Sadly, the TB offer and the Sweepstakes seems to be limited to US Citizens... Had me all worked up there for a while. Maybe next time. No hard feelings, it is THEIR Contest after all. I'll have to see if Geico does business up here... I know they won't in BC at least for vehicle insurance... ours is a function of provincial government established corporation.

Will have to watch for some to cross the border this summer. Now wondering if Geckos need passports or visas...

Doug 7rxc

Yeah, and once again I feel bad. What would you like me to do for every cacher on the planet?

Easy now... I was only commenting on the existence of Eligibility Rules. Probably stemming from their business area. I stated that I took no offense by it. There are other restrictions based on the usual family, employer etc. Always good to read the rules.

I will say I missed the chance to edit my comment though... It ACTUALLY says "legal resident" not citizen... sorry about that!

I just happen to live on the other side of the border... and was disappointed about not playing.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

ooohhh thats not fair.

they wont send to the uk. :mad:

Yes, I noticed that too. Never mind. I can take the disappointment. :cry:

We've had promotions in the past that were exclusively for the UK and/or Europe.

Anyway, I've got my own gecko. ;)

MrsB

like your gecko hope we stumble across him/her

i emailed the promotion people direct , asking if they would kindly make an exception and send one to the uk :D

no answer yet though :lol:

Edited by the borgs

I thought the Expedia thing was cool because the promotional code email just shows up when you log the TB. Not that $50 off a three night hotel stay is that great a deal, but it's a very interesting marketing idea.

I've requested my Geico TB, we'll see how that works out....