Waypoint Finder Script Updated, With New Functionality

New release has been deployed with "User Profile" option added.

Thanks!

And now you know how to rename it "public profile" and have that stick if you wish :)

Until something else is added to the menu, then that won't work anymore. It's better to just let the menu option match the actual name of the page it takes you to. The script's i18n function is a good thing.

The "log maximizer" script tells me it needs an update every day. I click to do the update and it says it installed correctly but the next day on my first visit to the site it says the same thing. If I click "show source" it has the same date as the last time.

You need to clear your browser's cache. It's installing a cached copy instead of a new one.

From the menu - Tools / Options / Advanced / Network / Clear Now

No good. It popped up first thing this morning.

The "log maximizer" script tells me it needs an update every day. I click to do the update and it says it installed correctly but the next day on my first visit to the site it says the same thing. If I click "show source" it has the same date as the last time.

You need to clear your browser's cache. It's installing a cached copy instead of a new one.

That would be expected, if you cleared the cache the day before. You still had the old script installed. If you installed the current version today, it should say version 02.30 in the script manager.

Assuming it doesn't, try installing again, but instead take the option to view the script. If the version number in the script isn't 02.30, then the problem is with your PC or more likely, your ISP. Some ISPs do their own site caching to make their service seem faster.

Can anyone tell me why they don't just have Prime Suspect build the site in the first place?

You might see something like this added to the site in the future. So far, my "Additional Maps", "Driving Directions", "Log Totals by Type", "Instant Hint Decoder", and "Waypoint Quick Entry" script functions are now incorporated into the site.

Assuming it doesn't, try installing again, but instead take the option to view the script. If the version number in the script isn't 02.30, then the problem is with your PC or more likely, your ISP. Some ISPs do their own site caching to make their service seem faster.

The proxy server at work here is caching 2.20. :mad:

That usually happens because the HTTP headers from the server don't indicate the file has changed or have some high expiry time.

Found a workaround that may work for others: Disable GreaseMonkey, click on the script so it shows up in the browser window, press CTRL-F5. This may coax the proxy to grab the file. If the version changes from 2.20 to 2.30 then go back one page, turn on GreaseMonkey and click the link again.

Edited by Avernar

That would be expected, if you cleared the cache the day before. You still had the old script installed. If you installed the current version today, it should say version 02.30 in the script manager.

The "log maximixer" says 02.96 :unsure:

I just removed, and re-installed the Log Maximizer script...update history says fixed for FF 4.

At certain times the 'submit' button is inactivated. It seems to be when I want to post a note on my own cache(s).

EDIT: Just checked again...any cache, any type log, any date...NO submit button.

Edited by AZcachemeister

I just removed, and re-installed the Log Maximizer script...update history says fixed for FF 4.

At certain times the 'submit' button is inactivated. It seems to be when I want to post a note on my own cache(s).

EDIT: Just checked again...any cache, any type log, any date...NO submit button.

That's exactly what I'm seeing. I had to revert to a version fixed by the patch I posted above. I've made it available here.

I assume you know that the Submit button will be grayed out, until you've selected a log type, and entered something in the text box.

the inventory section is still not working, expecting a fix anytime soon?

That is a different script by Lil Devil.

No, it isn't. The cause of the inventory issue is actually a bug in FF4, not the script. I'm coding a workaround.

I was thinking about the trackable's order, not the show or hide function...I apparently misunderstood the issue.

I assume you know that the Submit button will be grayed out, until you've selected a log type, and entered something in the text box.

OK, perhaps I failed to enter text when testing, :rolleyes: it seems to be working now! B)

No, it isn't. The cause of the inventory issue is actually a bug in FF4, not the script. I'm coding a workaround.

I'm seeing the same thing in FF 3.6.17

The workaround broke it for FF 3.6

New site update has broken this script. Really find this one useful, hope ya have the time to fix er up Prime!

I am really annoyed with Groundspeak over this.

However, I found the fix and it is easy.

Open the script with an editor and change line 95 from:

var e_menu = e_menu_nav.childNodes[1];

to

var e_menu = e_menu_nav.childNodes[1].childNodes[1];

and save. Fixed.

New site update has broken this script. Really find this one useful, hope ya have the time to fix er up Prime!

to

and save. Fixed.

Thank you. I'll buy you a beer next time I'm down your way.

to

and save. Fixed.

It wasn't line 95 for me. It was line 102, but it worked.

I just installed this script, and changed the "Upload Field Notes" link to "Edit Profile Details". It works, but for some reason, on the "Edit Profile Details" page, the My Stuff menu doesn't show. Any ideas why? It seems to show on all the other Geocaching.com pages.

so while it works, I now have two entry boxes which the second one wraps down to the next line and messes up the look of everything else.

How do I get rid of the first box (the one that shows up before the patch?)

*Edit*

Never mind. The other box was coming from the little helper script. these two used to coexist. *sigh*

gotta now go through and make my linklist not need both on there.

Edited by Ashallond

Okay now for me who never edited a greasemonkey can explain how to change it in layman terms?

In Firefox, Tools/Add-ons/User Scripts. Find the script and right click on it, choose Edit. Find the proper line and edit it. (The lines are numbered down the left). File/Save. If you screw it up, just re-download it and try again.

Okay - not a computer expert, but had the original of this script working until the update.

Now I have firefox 23.0 (or at least that what it tells me) I updated greasemonkey as mentioned in the original post and installed the script as linked in the original post and nothing happened?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Okay - not a computer expert, but had the original of this script working until the update.

Now I have firefox 23.0 (or at least that what it tells me) I updated greasemonkey as mentioned in the original post and installed the script as linked in the original post and nothing happened?

See post #71

You have to edit the script for it to work with Geocaching.com's "improved" web site.

Okay now for me who never edited a greasemonkey can explain how to change it in layman terms?

In Firefox, Tools/Add-ons/User Scripts. Find the script and right click on it, choose Edit. Find the proper line and edit it. (The lines are numbered down the left). File/Save. If you screw it up, just re-download it and try again.

Thank you it worked. So much easier. Why can't GC do it?

See post #71

You have to edit the script for it to work with Geocaching.com's "improved" web site.

Thanks Don J - stupidly I did not check the date of this thread - I had already found this patch before and implemented it, but thought this was an update after the last Groundspeak update - thank you! Now all is well again.

Hope some one can assist - I had to reinstall Firefox on my desktop and loaded GC Waypoint Finder, but it does nothing - now I have the same script on my laptop and it works okay - any suggestions?

I still have a version working. Groundspeak went to https:// a couple of months ago so the URL definitions in the original won't work.

There are some other changes, too, over the last couple of years. I don't know if the original will even work without modification, and since it had a copyright notice (IIRC) I don't feel free to give out my version.

Hope some one can assist - I had to reinstall Firefox on my desktop and loaded GC Waypoint Finder, but it does nothing - now I have the same script on my laptop and it works okay - any suggestions?

I still have a version working. Groundspeak went to https:// a couple of months ago so the URL definitions in the original won't work.

There are some other changes, too, over the last couple of years. I don't know if the original will even work without modification, and since it had a copyright notice (IIRC) I don't feel free to give out my version.

The strange thing it does work on my laptop and that is also running W7 - so now I don't know