A lot has changed. But not all is better now...

Schatztaucher

Hi!

Since a few months I'm a big fan of geocaching. I log all my own hidden (more than 15!) and found caches at www.geocaching.com. I prefer that portal! icon_smile.gif

In the last time a lot has changed, e.g. page design. Most of that changes were enhancements but some things a not really nice! icon_mad.gif Here some examples:

the maps:

- in former times the Mapblast system was advised as best

- but now you advise the Microsoft maps - the problem is that the maps from this source are not detailed outside the United States (e.g. here in Europe)

the picture overview on cache logs:

- previously all pictures were accepted when not bigger than 100 KByte independently from its width or height

- but now the are resized to 600 pixel width so that is impossible to leave detailed pictures in the log (even my cell phone make better pictures!)

- the resize procedure is independently from its height, that means that portrait images can be twice or more in size than landscape

- also the portrait pictures are not shown completely in this overview table (it's only a middle part of the picture)

Maybe somebody at the team of www.geocaching.com find time and a way to make it better.

I felt a mood by a lot german geocachers that they don't like what you do now! I hope a way to keep them using www.geocaching.com will be find timely. I also heard that some people are working on alternative portals for geocaching. icon_eek.gif That can't be desirable. icon_redface.gif One system for all geocachers worldwide would be the best. I hope the best!

Regards,

Schatztaucher

from Germany