Can't log-in to Geocaching.com, what's wrong?

jeepdelfuego

This post may have to be moved. But, I can't log-in to the Geocaching.com website. I obviously don't have any issues with the forums boards. I tried to get in with Firefox and IE with no luck. Everything was fine for me before the update. Anybody else having this issue?

no issues whatsoever here, what error message you're getting?

what page you're trying to log on from?

have you tried to click on your name from here in the forums, on the top right box?

Edited by t4e
  • Helpful 1

have you tried to click on your name from here in the forums, on the top right box?

When I try to log-in from geocaching.com nothing happens and I get no errors. But, from https://www.geocaching.com/login/default.aspx?RESETCOMPLETE=Y&redir=http%3a%2f%2fwww.geocaching.com%2faccount%2fdefault.aspx I am able to login.

So glad to find someone else that can NOT log into geocaching at all !

VERY FRUSTRATING

Using inspiron 1545 laptop, Win 7 home prem & IE8

problem started 5/7/11 I DID login and pull a PQ 5/6

now I can't get past this loop of "sign in" >> "welcome visitor"

Have cleared all history, forms, cookies, restarted computer --didn't help

Have tried the 64 bit IE --nope

tried resetting pswd --nope

"your pswd has been updated, click here to log in"

then "you are logged in as curious4cache"

when I click visit your account page

I get the Log into Geocaching page w/ username and password fields

CAN log into my bank, Waymarking, Wherigo, GC forums

CAN log into GC.com using the other home computer (also wireless)

CAN log into GC.com using my work computer in the back office (not wireless) but prefer not to (work is for work).

Why the fuss?

I like to put together PQ's / routes etc on laptop while the Mr get's familiar with the caches on the home computer

Premium members should be able to log in on any computer they wish, yes?

Suggestions very much welcome!!

I do not get an error message, just can't log in

http://www.geocaching.com/

Welcome, Visitor!

Sign In or Register (It's Free!)

After entering username and password in the drop down menu,

GC.com page shows me the same Welcome, Visitor! screen

Have tried to get in many ways... Sometimes GC.com says I'm logged in, but when I try to continue, it presents the login screen again.

For instance when I click on my username from forums here, I get Sorry. You must first log in to view this profile.

thanks for the interest!

snip

I like to put together PQ's / routes etc on laptop while the Mr get's familiar with the caches on the home computer

Premium members should be able to log in on any computer they wish, yes?

Suggestions very much welcome!!

Sometimes, two computers logging in under the same account/same time can cause this problem. Have seen it before. Dunno why.

Why not have Mr. sign off -- or do the actual WORK? It is Mom's Day, after-all!

Sometimes, two computers logging in under the same account/same time can cause this problem. Have seen it before. Dunno why.

Why not have Mr. sign off -- or do the actual WORK? It is Mom's Day, after-all!

LOL

Signing onto GC.com with both computers at the same time has never caused trouble before, but I figured that could be the issue here.

Before posting the problem to forums, we did try having the Mr log off, --no success

but thanks!

... and I'll go have some fun now ;)

WHAT FINALLY WORKED FOR ME:

thanks to DCMG, who had the same problem:

...would properly type in user name and password, but would be redirected back to the login page (if there), or the main page with the box at the top would continue to show as a visitor.

They discovered they had added GC.com to their list of trusted websites in IE. Once removed from the list of trusted sites, they were able to log in and stay logged in. "Seems like something in the "Trusted sites" zone of the security tab in IE tools->Internet options was preventing the logging in from sticking."

Thanks to all for your suggestions!!

I had the slowest of slow connections this morning on my netbook. Finally logged into GC.com, but could not make it to the forums. Could the site have just been busy?

Probably the semi-decent weather had a lot of Moms and their families going caching before lunch!

Happy Mothers' Day to all you Moms out there!

I was having the same problem with the signing in. After reading all the posts I went looking through the trusted sites and noticed GC.com after removing it I now seem to be able to sign in. Not sure how it even got into my trusted sites. Thank you to who mentioned this,I was getting frustrated with it all.

This morning I couldn't get to the home page - tried from my bookmark, from Google and all that happened was that little wheel thing went round and round and round and round and round and round and round and got me nowhere.

I just figured the site was busy (extra busy with the challenge flag downs???) as it is a nice day.