Doh - caches not showing on map page

Hi everyone.

Up until the update I was able to view caches, both found and unfound, on the Beta Maps as this is how I normally decide where I am going to go caching.

Today however all I get is the map and no caches..I have tried zooming in, zooming out, clearing my cache and cookies.....nothing seems to work. I have tried it on both Firefox and IE as well. Currently running Firefox 3.5.9

I am wondering if it is something to do with the work firewall but find it odd that it was working a couple of days ago. (Yesterday just seemed to be really slow all day so I didnt do any serious map work)

Anyone else suffering with this or is it just me?

Any suggestions on how to resolve would be appreciated..the last thing I actually want to do at work is work!

Chris

I'm pleased that they've finally put PMO caches on the beta maps, even if the beta maps are the default now (which suggests they shouldn't really be called beta any more)

It's desperately slow to load them, and the user interface is still in a state I'd expect from a beta product.

I guess the option is just to stick with it. They should load, eventually. I think GS has implemented a psychic interface, as for me they usually load jsut when I'm about to give up and click Refresh.

Looking a lot better today for me. The maps even show the good old cache icons at a close enough zoom, plus premium ones have a circle around them instead of a square. Still have to select personalize to show found caches though.

Still trying to find my way around the new login screen though.

I wish it didn't bring up the pop up box every time you loaded the maps, and I wish you didn't have to click on 'personalisation' every time.

You can click a button in the bottom right that says - dont show this again

Still no luck with my map <_<

Aye, found that :D. Still don't want to have to click personalisation every time.

I wish it didn't bring up the pop up box every time you loaded the maps, and I wish you didn't have to click on 'personalisation' every time.

You can click a button in the bottom right that says - dont show this again

Still no luck with my map <_<

works fine for me but you might want to try that link i circled in the picture

maps.png

Ah cool - Ive got a result..of sorts.

The old maps are working but for some reason my work PC does not like the BETA maps....odd but not unworkable :)

Thanks for your help!

Chris

I can not see any caches on the BETA Maps at work either. The older maps work except the cache page does not open up if I click on a cache on the map.

Ah cool - Ive got a result..of sorts.

The old maps are working but for some reason my work PC does not like the BETA maps....odd but not unworkable :)

Thanks for your help!

Chris

The older maps work except the cache page does not open up if I click on a cache on the map.

it never did :blink: , when you click on it the bubble pops up and you click on the link in there to open the cache page

The older maps work except the cache page does not open up if I click on a cache on the map.

it never did :blink: , when you click on it the bubble pops up and you click on the link in there to open the cache page

If I click on a cache on the old map the "bubble" does not pop anymore. I just get the message "Parsing Cache Description" but nothing happens.

I've had the beta maps working in the past few days, personalised and my found and owned caches removed. But now when I click 'enable personalisation' nothing changes.

I'm logged in! What am I missing??

My premium membership expires next week, at this rate it won't be worth renewing!

Steve.

The beta map seems to do something different each day for me. Sometimes the caches don't show up. Sometimes you can't click on them. Sometimes it won't show my finds. This is all fine as it's 'beta'. The mistake is for GS to make this the default map. Imagine if this was you first visit to the site, I doubt you'd get as far as actually looking for a cache.

If I click on a cache on the old map the "bubble" does not pop anymore. I just get the message "Parsing Cache Description" but nothing happens.

Thats exactly the problem I have! - You dont work for a french company beginning with T do you :rolleyes:

Anyway - doesnt look like I will be doing much cache planning at work anymore <_<