Date Format

I was caught out this morning when I retro-logged some caches I found yesterday. I changed the day number from 5 to 4 (I thought), and was surprised when the logs seemed to not appear on my profile list. Thanks to a post from Lovejoy & Tinker I discovered that I'd actually changed the month not the day, because the date was in US format (month first). As it's 5/5 today, I didn't notice.

Now I've amended the date format for logging so that it appears as 5 May 2011 all the time. A great new feature, customisable through your account details (http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx).

Thanks for finding the place to change the format, I have changed mine now after being caught out just like you were this morning.

I actually prefer having the month name as there are so many US based sites I visit and so many different ways they present the date, it's nice to have the month name. That way there is no ambiguity, no stopping to think "Which site am I on and what format is this" and no clicking on one of the drop downs to see if it goes up to 31 or 12 to determine which is the month and which the day.

Great! Except I go to the new statistics thing and find that the dates there are still in unreadable format.. close but no cigar yet!

Yes, they haven't managed a perfect job. But if you point this out to Groundspeak they may get around to fixing it and in the meantime I'll settle for having correct dates in all the important places.