Forum topics - unread vrs read

eahousley

Maybe its just my computer, but I find it very difficult to see which forum topics I've already visited. The difference in colors between a topic that has been read vrs one that is unread is very subtle. Only when I tilt the screen down and view it at a severe angle can I distinguish read from unread. Anyone familiar with MSN forums knows that the visual difference between the two is immediately obvious.

Its not that I have a bad memory. I just like to know when there have been more contributions to a topic that I have been following.

Hmmm.. I don't have this problem. The topics I've read are white, and the unread topics are bright yellow. Maybe you should adjust the color on your screen.

The only problem I've had is that if I visit the forums within a short time period, sometimes it hasn't been updated. That is, it's still showing some topics as unread, even though I've read them not too long ago. But that's not a big deal.

Jamie

I just have to be curious about this...What browsers are you guys using? I use the newest Microsoft IE and I see grey for read forums and blue for unread forums. I just wonder what the rest of the world sees when they are here.

-Jennifer

Where am I going? I ain't certain.

When will I get there? I don't know.

All as I know is I am on my way!

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

That's a setting on _your_ browser. Play around, you'll find it.

Um, no.

On the forums, the link colors are set in the page code. Try it out. I don't particularly like them, but I don't care enough to try changing them.

There's also the lightbulb icon on the left side of the screen, which is yellow for forums that have new posts since the last time you visited.

I HAD changed my colors, several times, but they never changed anything for these forums. That was why I was wondering how a different browsers interperted the colors. I think it is neat that not everyone is seeing the same page that I am. I've got to go to campus to see what the computers in some of the labs there see.

-Jennifer

Where am I going? I ain't certain.

When will I get there? I don't know.

All as I know is I am on my way!

You should be able to change the colors in IE by clicking [TOOLS], [iNTERNET OPTIONS], on the GENERAL tab click [ACCESSABILITY]. From there you can ignore the web page color or set the colors to your own style sheet.

I haven't set up my own style sheet, but there are instructions in IE help.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

quote:
Originally posted by Stunod:

You should be able to change the colors in IE by clicking [TOOLS], [iNTERNET OPTIONS], on the GENERAL tab click [ACCESSABILITY]. From there you can ignore the web page color or set the colors to your own style sheet.

This would override the appearance of all web pages I visit. I'm just asking that Groundspeak choose fonts or colors that are more distinctive. I'd think that it'd be an easy fix that all users would benefit from. icon_cool.gif