2 for 1- geocache+benchmark

I've googled around a bit and I cant seem to find much about placing geocaches next to or inside of benchmarks to create a "2 for 1" sort of thing where a user could log a benchmark and a geocache at the same time. The benchmark I had in mind is this http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=PP2182

3dc0576a-f56d-4952-ab39-15a36b7aaa83.jpg

and i could easily toss a micro cache in there. Also the benchmark appears to be in the right of way as well as it is in the ditch along side a country road. So I'm wondering why this isn't something that's done more often or if it's against the rules and I didn't realize it or something.

I was also thinking I could use the benchmark coordinates and description within my cache description, as it's how I originally found the mark. Also the gps coordinates aren't too far off of what it really is either, which seems rare for benchmarks. I think it would be a really good introduction for people new to benchmarking, and give them a cache as well.

Edited by ih8censorship

Is that your container around the mark, or is that how it's actually found?

I'm not sure if you're allowed to deliberately obscure or cover up a benchmark (though so many of them are covered up anyway) ... wonder if that might violate some law somewhere?

Otherwise I think it would be nifty, and benchmarks don't cound toward a find total, so it doesn't mess with the numbers for those who might see it as cheating.

Please don't hide anything at the bench mark itself. Disturbing a survey station is forbidden.

For example you can make a little mystery. Take the coordinates of the bench mark as the cache coordinates. Then give a bearing and a distance from that bench mark where the cache is hidden. Maybe 100ft or so feet away. Then it's still a 2 for 1.

Just my 2 cents,

King Hubi