Snoogans' Next Big Community Trackable Project

Snoogans

id like to be in

i got your address you emaild so ill send a tb.

its comeing from england though so may take a while to get there by airmail.

unless i can paypal you the cost of a tb to you and buy one of you.

and you send me the number so i can activate it :)

There are more than a few weeks until 6/25. I'm sure it will make it if you send it in time. I got tags from the UK and a coin from Sweden for the fridge door launch. They averaged 7 to 10 days to get here.

You have lots of time. :)

how do we place the bug with you when you get it, do you grab it from me, or i place it, how does that work.

mailing my bug out next week,

That's up to you. You could log it into a cache nearest to your home and then when I get it I usually use the visited function to take te TBs to every cache I visit for mileage. Some of the ones I already have are over 1k trackable miles.

Edited by Snoogans

Count me in (please send PM or e-mail with address). It'll be GREAT to finally have a trackable that will travel safely rather than wondering *when* it's gonna get hijacked never to be heard from again.

Edited by GeoKat28

We posted ours today :D

so hopefully will be with you soon

We dipped it into one of our caches to start it off.

am looking forward to tracking it as the iron gate travels about

thank you for all the work your putting into it

and thank you for letting me join in.

Thanks for the great response! B)

It appears that there are 13 takers so far from just this thread.

The total is 18 or 19 gc.com trackables and at least 2 of those p-word thingys. :)

I started the fridge door out with just 19 trackables and a few more of the p-word thingys. As far as I'm concerned this new project is already a great success for launch and there are bound to be a few more takers by the time GW9 rolls around. :unsure:

I think I'll laminate an "original cast" discovery sheet, put a metal grommet through it and cable lock it to the TB. What do you folks think?

I think thats a good idea.

then you can see how many have been added after it started.

and see how many it ends up with

Count me in (please send PM or e-mail with address). It'll be GREAT to finally have a trackable that will travel safely rather than wondering *when* it's gonna get hijacked never to be heard from again.

Keep in mind that this TB will sometimes go months between moves if it behaves like the last one did.

Also there is no guarantee that it won't go missing. However, as I stated earlier, a community trackable such as this one becomes an awesome responsibility. That is pretty good insurance that it will continue on if slow and steady, because NO ONE wants to be the one responsible for losing it.

BTW-I'd really like to see this one make it over the pond and go to some European MEGA events, but I won't direct it there. It will be left to live its own life just like the fridge door.

Just waiting on my trackable now.

Anyhow, so does this thing now travel to mostly events or does it actually get to caches as well?

I would hate to see it get left unattended at a cache site, but I'm hoping that future movers of this TB WILL use the "all visited" function when logging their caches between events as I do. That would be way cool. B)

Edited by Snoogans

Just waiting on my trackable now.

Anyhow, so does this thing now travel to mostly events or does it actually get to caches as well?

I would hate to see it get left unattended at a cache site, but I'm hoping that future movers of this TB WILL use the "all visited" function when logging their caches between events as I do. That would be way cool. B)

I agree that would be totally cool. I'm all nerdy and have a box of crayons so I keep track of the different states that my bugs visit and color in maps. Can't wait to see where this one goes once I send it off with you.

Progress Report:

I have lost track of all the pledged items at this point, (which is around 40+ I think) so from now on I will announce just what I have in hand. Doing the math in my head (I'm at work) I believe I already have gathered 13 items. Saturday, I attended a local event with The Impaler in tow and I got 2 coins and 4 pathtags to impale on the fence as well as numerous pledges of trackables to come. B)

Someone noted that the TB community (mostly coins and pathtags so far) will probably add a few pounds to the already whopping TB and that it will only increase over time. :laughing:

Progress Report:

I have lost track of all the pledged items at this point, (which is around 40+ I think) so from now on I will announce just what I have in hand. Doing the math in my head (I'm at work) I believe I already have gathered 13 items. Saturday, I attended a local event with The Impaler in tow and I got 2 coins and 4 pathtags to impale on the fence as well as numerous pledges of trackables to come. B)

Someone noted that the TB community (mostly coins and pathtags so far) will probably add a few pounds to the already whopping TB and that it will only increase over time. :laughing:

Are you going to dip all the trackables in your state or wait for the first event and dip there? Mine's coming in the mail now and now that you mentioned the pathtags might just attach one of those too.

Progress Report:

Are you going to dip all the trackables in your state or wait for the first event and dip there? Mine's coming in the mail now and now that you mentioned the pathtags might just attach one of those too.

My suggestion is for you to dip the TB in a cache nearest to your home and then when I get it, I will put it in my inventory. You will get the mileage I put on in my normal cachin' activity (I use the all visited feature at every cache and event I visit) and probably start getting discoveries as I show off the progress of collecting and attaching (impaling) trackables to The Impaler at local events. (Houston has an event almost every week on average. I hosted one last night and there is another at lunch time tomorrow.)

My good friend Elisa aka Georeyna will be taking possession and carting The Impaler to GW9. If for some reason her plans change, several other groups of local cachers are going and I will be firming up back-up plans to get it there.

Sadly, I just found out I will not be going to GW9. Thus ends my attendance streak at 6 in a row. :tired:

Progress Report:

18 Items and counting 3 TB tags (my old school TB tag not pictured), 7 GeoCoins, 7 pathtags, 1 MyPinz trackable pin.

The second picture was basically to get a contrasting image to see some of the coins better.

6ad8bbc7-c191-461e-93da-f4a919fe9b84.jpg

fb1e0032-41a4-481f-b127-1b49201457f4.jpg

Edited by Snoogans

Progress Report:

18 Items and counting 3 TB tags (my old school TB tag not pictured), 7 GeoCoins, 7 pathtags, 1 MyPinz trackable pin.

The second picture was basically to get a contrasting image to see some of the coins better.

6ad8bbc7-c191-461e-93da-f4a919fe9b84.jpg

fb1e0032-41a4-481f-b127-1b49201457f4.jpg

Picked up a coin, a tb tag, and 3 of them p-word thingies at a lunchtime event today. My spider sense says more in the mail when I get home. :anibad:

2cd7c766-ba66-43d1-b119-9e2b7915493d.jpg

I just need to take a moment and say Thank You for all the support and a special THANKS :) to the pathtag folks. You guys are so generous. Every single pathtag has come with a twin for me. It's not necessary, but I love to add to my pathtag collection whenever I can. If I ever do a pathtag (and I probably won't) I'll need to buy 300 just to pay the folks back that have given them to me over the years. B):) Sure, I trade back with my sig smashed coins, but they're not as pretty as a pathtag.

20083321-78a6-4bf3-bcc3-64d206a87913.jpg

4 more arrived this weekend. I really need to activate my tag and start to figure out exactly how I am going to arrange them.

The TB tags will be affixed to the posts. The P-word tags will go on 1 cable ring by themselves and I just need to figure out the groupings of coins on separate cable rings that will best show them off... Maybe in pairs spaced by drilled holes in the cross members or maybe in the fence spikes. :unsure:

I've also been thinking about impaling a stuffed frog on the center spike. :unsure:

20083321-78a6-4bf3-bcc3-64d206a87913.jpg

4 more arrived this weekend. I really need to activate my tag and start to figure out exactly how I am going to arrange them.

The TB tags will be affixed to the posts. The P-word tags will go on 1 cable ring by themselves and I just need to figure out the groupings of coins on separate cable rings that will best show them off... Maybe in pairs spaced by drilled holes in the cross members or maybe in the fence spikes. :unsure:

I've also been thinking about impaling a stuffed frog on the center spike. :unsure:

I want to play! Please send me the address to mail one to be added. And in the photo, there's a tag with "please do not keep me" WHERE do I get one of those?? Send me a private email if its a competitors product, don't want anyone getting in trouble...but seriously, I would love a few of those.

hope the glue didn't cause any trouble with my bug its the civil war medal do what you have to!

That was cool and very original. It will go on a cable with one of the coins. The other TB tags will be attached to the posts.

In the collecting phase for the refrigerator door community TB, someone sent me a motorcycle rear view mirror. I couldn't figure out how to add it in, so they sent me another tag to release it as a regular TB.

Blorenges sent a Spitfire key chain with their tag and it glued on rather nicely.

I got a few sig items from locals that were easily incorporated too.

I'd prefer just to get trackable tags or coins, but I wouldn't mind seeing more like yours. :)

I finally got mine in the mail today too. Better late than never... :ph34r:

:D

Picked it up and logged it yesterday... :) Thanks so much for the cool sig tags. Those are nice! B)

Thanks!! Glad you got it.

When you finish with the impaling of all the coins/tbs/p-thingys, will you post a photo of the finished product please? I'd love to see it. :)

Looking good! Nice collection so far. :)

Would be nice to see a photo of them impaled on the final piece. Don't know if I'll ever get to an event to see the finished article, but I love this idea.

How does this work at an event, anyway, do you get groups of people peering at it and trying to work out which tracking numbers they've already written down, or do you give out a list to anyone who queues up, or what?

I finally got mine in the mail today too. Better late than never... :ph34r:

:D

Picked it up and logged it yesterday... :) Thanks so much for the cool sig tags. Those are nice! B)

Thanks!! Glad you got it.

When you finish with the impaling of all the coins/tbs/p-thingys, will you post a photo of the finished product please? I'd love to see it. :)

I have quite the little collection to impale. I expect to get started with the impalements this weekend. I'll post a picture(s) of the progress.