Group + Premium Member

Clint Cachewood

The title under your avatar can be customized. It just defaults to member and Premium Member. Can't remember if a customized forum title is a PM benefit or not. The real indicator of having a paid membership in what shows under Groups:.

When did you activate your PM?

You may have to log off the forums and the site and back on again to get it to show correctly.

I upgraded this past Sunday 4/30. I have tried logging out and then back in.

On the forums?? Or the main site?

Both

Quick question.

Also there is no icon under my avatar for pm's. :unsure:

Yes, there is--except when you're looking at it. I guess there's no need to PM yourself.

I thought that might be the case. Just figured while I was at it I would throw it in the mix.

Seems as if there is a hiccup - as a PM, you should be able to see/access the Off Topic forum. 'Tis a mystery, that's for sure. I wish I had an answer...

How do I get this resolved? :blink:

Try sending an e-mail to contact@geocaching.com. I'm sure they'll take care of it!

I can't see the Off Topic forum either. I thought it was removed or something.

I sent an email to the link proved last night. I know they are very busy but would like to see this resolved soon. My money is as good as the next cachers. :P

During the weekend, customer service support is limited. You will likely hear back during the work week when the Lackeys are back at the Lily Pad. Thanks for your patience.

Try logging out of the forums, close your browser and then use the link to the forums off of the main site to get back into the forums and logging in.

Ive tried that. Also, I cleared cookies & saved passwords, closed out the browser, restarted the computer and then logged into both the main sit and then the forum. Still no go.

Try logging out of the forums, close your browser and then use the link to the forums off of the main site to get back into the forums and logging in.

Ive tried that. Also, I cleared cookies & saved passwords, closed out the browser, restarted the computer and then logged into both the main sit and then the forum. Still no go.

I'm pretty sure I saw a few other people complaining about the same problem a few weeks ago. I think e-mailing Groundspeak got it resolved. There have also been a few complaints of people renewing their Premium Membership, and the next renewal date being wrong. Maybe they are having some glitches with that system?

Same problem. Been a premium member for a few weeks now...yet...no premium access on the forum. Please advise. thanks!

Is it just the forum? Can you run PQ's? Can you use "favorites" points? Those are just two of the benefits of Premium Membership.

Oh, and another useful benefit: bookmarks.

Contact Groundspeak, that's really all that anyone here on the forums can advise you to do.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I'm pretty sure I saw a few other people complaining about the same problem a few weeks ago. I think e-mailing Groundspeak got it resolved. There have also been a few complaints of people renewing their Premium Membership, and the next renewal date being wrong. Maybe they are having some glitches with that system?

Yep - I'm one of those! Renewed yesterday (PM good until May 18/2011) but after paying for a year - good until April 23/2012. Shafted out of 25 days! It'll be fixed, I'm sure. Please let them know... contact@geocaching.com as suggested. I did!

I've noticed a few other posters who have this discrepancy--it says "Premium Member" under their avatar, but "Members" in the group. I have a feeling it's more widespread than just a few people. Thing is, new Premium Members may not even realize that there is an Off Topic forum that they are supposed to be able to access.

Same problem. Been a premium member for a few weeks now...yet...no premium access on the forum. Please advise. thanks!

Is it just the forum? Can you run PQ's? Can you use "favorites" points? Those are just two of the benefits of Premium Membership.

Oh, and another useful benefit: bookmarks.

Contact Groundspeak, that's really all that anyone here on the forums can advise you to do.

Yes, it's just the forum. All other features work fine.

Still no good.

Keep it up - we need regular reports...... :P

The last post was for Groundspeak. I was contacted by them. They tried to correct the error in my account. I should have explained in last post.

I plan on keeping this post alive until it is fixed. I have noticed a lot of members with the same problem that I am having. If they see this thread they may relize there account is jaked up too.

If it is bothering you , don't read the thread. B)

Still no good.

The last post was for Groundspeak. I was contacted by them. They tried to correct the error in my account. I should have explained in last post.

I plan on keeping this post alive until it is fixed. I have noticed a lot of members with the same problem that I am having. If they see this thread they may relize there account is jaked up too.

Not bothering me in the least - I find it somewhat humorous!! :lol:

Still no good.

Make sure you log out of the forums, and then connect to the forums through the link from the geocaching.com site after any fix that they do (or attempt to do). It might be a good idea to post a topic on the Feedback site, too. It probably won't help you any at this point, but it might bring it to their attention that it isn't an isolated incident.

Still no good.

Not bothering me in the least - I find it somewhat humorous!! :lol:

What exactly is so humorous about it? The fact that I payed and still don't have the same privileges that you enjoy? Or the fact that I won't just settle for nothing?

I would like to read and possibly get involved with the off topic forum.

What exactly is so humorous about it? The fact that I payed and still don't have the same privileges that you enjoy? Or the fact that I won't just settle for nothing?

Very sorry - no offense intended at all - I understand it is not humorous to you in the least. Here - have a donut..... :omnomnom:

What strikes me as funny is that something as fundamental as marking an account into the correct category after accepting money from a paying customer seems to be so very difficult. Forget any site upgrades or speed upgrades - if you can't handle a customer payment right - things look really bad. Especially after so many days.

I am so sorry this has happened and I wish I could personally help you out. I have a great deal of faith in the folks up at HQ though -so i hope it gets worked out real soon. I am certain this issue has caught some high priority - must be sticky programming issue.

Edited by StarBrand

Very sorry - no offense intended at all - I understand it is not humorous to you in the least. Here - have a donut..... :omnomnom:

What strikes me as funny is that something as fundamental as marking an account into the correct category after accepting money from a paying customer seems to be so very difficult. Forget any site upgrades or speed upgrades - if you can't handle a customer payment right - things look really bad. Especially after so many days.

I am so sorry this has happened and I wish I could personally help you out. I have a great deal of faith in the folks up at HQ though -so i hope it gets worked out real soon. I am certain this issue has caught some high priority - must be sticky programming issue.

Thanks. I am sorry if I got a little hot under the collar. It is sometimes hard to judge the tone of a post. I certainly do not visit these forums to pick fights with other cachers.

I know it is not all that big of a deal and really never expected all this from a simple question.

I know it is not all that big of a deal and really never expected all this from a simple question.

Your not feeling Lucky yet are ya :anitongue: could be cuz its for secret Platinum Members :ph34r:

Dam it. You guys play dirty.

Ohhh, you don't want to go to Off Topic anyways. Everybody who hangs out there is kinda weird! :ph34r:

:anitongue::laughing:

Well, here's my story:

Years ago, we paid for the Premium Membership. After that first year was up, we didn't renew.

But...

this account was still able to access the Off Topic forum. Nope, none of the important PM features worked, just the ability to read and post in the OT forum. Very strange, and it stayed that way for all the years that we were non-PM.

The forum still showed a "Premium Member" designation, but the important +Premium Member wasn't there, which was correct.

I've paid for PM again this year, mostly to access the favourites points, PQ's and the bookmark lists. (Whoo hoo, I can access my bookmarks again!)

So, there's been "strange" happenings with people's designations before, but as long as it doesn't affect the important features, that's the main thing.

Being able to read OT isn't a big deal, I don't think. Being able to add an avatar or a sig line is nice, but doesn't affect the playing of the game, no?

Your not feeling Lucky yet are ya :anitongue: could be cuz its for secret Platinum Members :ph34r:

Ohhh, you don't want to go to Off Topic anyways. Everybody who hangs out there is kinda weird! :ph34r:

:P

"quirky" ... yeah, quirky. :D

I'm weird and quirky. I'd fit in perfectly in the OT forums. I know it.

Got a note that my issue has been forwarded to the developers. I also called the Lily Pad earlier today and discussed this.

I also got another email.....reminding me my PM expires in about 7 days... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: so it's good to know there is a reminder service set up.

Got a note that my issue has been forwarded to the developers. I also called the Lily Pad earlier today and discussed this.

I also got another email.....reminding me my PM expires in about 7 days... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: so it's good to know there is a reminder service set up.

Yes I got the same email. Looks like they are working on a fix. It's a good thing. I am noticing a lot of members with the same problem.

:P

"quirky" ... yeah, quirky. :D

I'm weird and quirky. I'd fit in perfectly in the OT forums. I know it.

If it makes you feel any better, we can start a thread in OT about for you if when you get access to that forum. :)