Slugs

i'm planning to head there soon.. maybe i should prepare a story?

'Recently there has been a report released that a drastic increase in the slug population has occurred, therefore any previously collected statistics are now void and a new census is required urgently to update the official slug to human ratio'

does that sound official enough?

Tell them that slug counters are on a perfomance related bonus scheme, and one member of staff has recently been found to have exaggerated his numbers to increase his bonus, so you're having to go round and do a recount.

'Recently there has been a report released that a drastic increase in the slug population has occurred, therefore any previously collected statistics are now void and a new census is required urgently to update the official slug to human ratio'

Too much detail. You have to let them drag it out of you, piece by piece. The idea is to give as little infomation as you can on each question, consistent with actually answering the questoipn. Note - you answer the question asked, not your guess of what the person actually wanted to know. The ideal is to give an answer that tells them something they already knew. A friendly smile is good, but don't crack up laughing.

Here's an example:

"What you you doing here?"

"I'm walking."

Too much detail. You have to let them drag it out of you, piece by piece. The idea is to give as little infomation as you can on each question, consistent with actually answering the questoipn. Note - you answer the question asked, not your guess of what the person actually wanted to know. The ideal is to give an answer that tells them something they already knew. A friendly smile is good, but don't crack up laughing.

Here's an example:

"What you you doing here?"

"I'm walking."

That's if you feel like being cooperative. One time I was fiddling with the brake on my bike (and may have been paying a little more attention to the railing I'd leant the bike on than was entirely necessary for the task) and a guy who looked and sounded like the local wino demanded to know what I was doing.

I didn't feel like cooperating, so my response was merely "minding my own business". If I'm feeling snarky I'll then ask "why, what are you doing?"