Magellan eXplorist 310 a good GPSr for newbie?

I went on my first geocaching adventure last weekend with some friends and am in LOVE with the concept! They have a fairly expensive Garmin GPS unit and have only ever owned Garmin so they are not of much help on this. I know I want to be 100% paperless with my new hobby but other than that I am slightly baffled with all of the options out there with different GPS units! From what I am reading, Magellan has some pretty decent maps that come with their 310. In my 20's so the tiny font shouldn't be an issue! :D Has anyone used this unit yet, even just a couple of times? Are the Magellan GPS units pretty easy to navigate? Any help or direction you could provide will be greatly appreciated!!!! I don't want to be dissapointed with my GPS and fall out of love with geocaching! Thanks a ton in advance!

I have the GC, and the 310 is supposed to have more features such as better track logging. It is paperless, and has maps of USA. Check the price at Staples, $ 180 with their online coupon.

Compare to the Delorme PN-30 for features and price.

Timely question: Rich Owings just posted his review of the 310.

Although I have several GPSrs including Magellan's high end until the eX710, I also have a the eX310 and it is a great little unit. If I was going to buy an easy to use unit for Geocaching for a friend this is the unit that I would buy, no questions asked. In the past I had recommended the GC for those starting out, however, after using the eX310 I always direct people straight to it. It is actually the same hardware as the GC, however, the firmware on it includes most all of the features of the high end units.

David