Logging A New Cache

TheEdge

I recently placed my first cache, "At The Edge." The icons "I found it" and "note" did not seem to fit the circumstance. Would it be possible to come up with a new icon that would stand out on my cache page log list? I only have about 30 or so logs right now, so it is not very difficult to locate it now, but I plan to have many more. Someone like LIL OTTER with over 1100 logs would definitely find it difficult to locate a placed cache while scanning her list of logged caches. Just a thought. Thanks for all the hard work.

quote:
Originally posted by TheEdge:

I recently placed my first cache, "At The Edge." The icons "I found it" and "note" did not seem to fit the circumstance. Would it be possible to come up with a new icon that would stand out on my cache page log list? I only have about 30 or so logs right now, so it is not very difficult to locate it now, but I plan to have many more. Someone like LIL OTTER with over 1100 logs would definitely find it difficult to locate a placed cache while scanning her list of logged caches. Just a thought. Thanks for all the hard work.

Caches you placed are listed at the bottom of the page when you search for caches, and in their own section on your cache page. No need to log anything at all for them to show up.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

If I understand you correctly, you are wanting to be able to quickly locate caches you have hidden on your "My Cache Page". Just to let you know, a list of your hidden caches appears above your list of logged caches on that page. This makes it easy to keep track of your hides and finds separately.

Also, I notice that you have logged a find on the cache you have placed. This is generally considered bad practice and frowned upon. It is better to use the "note" log type when adding comments to the logs of your own caches.

icon_geocachingwa.gif