Unicachers

Ambient. To answer your question... 1) It doesn't really matter if you unicycle while you hunt, just as long as you know how to unicycle and you are a geocacher. 2) There are many kind of unicycles. Some are made for tricks some for circus and some for distance. The ones used for tricks usually have a 20 inch diameter tire, while the circus ones are the really tall ones called giraffs. The ones made for distance have giant wheels, usually 36 inch diameter. In fact some people have ridden in the Tour de France with them. Look up "coker unicycle" on google to see pics and information. Unfortunately I haven't been geocaching in some time, but next time I go I will be sure to ride my unicycle. :D

-Denver#9-

HAHA! thats hilarious. I wish I had a unicycle, if I did I bet I could do it and if I could do it I would definitely go caching with it! :lol:

So I went caching on Monday and as I was walking through this park I saw a guy teaching a girl how to unicycle and I thought of this post. I actually really wanna learn how to do it now. I ride me mountain bike everywhere and I can ride with no hands standing up, would it be kind of the same thing, or totally different?

My daughter asked for a unicycle many years ago but never touched it. Her brother decided about a year later that he wanted to learn, and taught himself. It did not take long at all, but did require perseverance! Within a few weeks he could ride around the block. He had no help at all, just taught himself (at about the age of 13).

So antully, if you can ride your mountain bike with no hands while standing up, I have no doubt at all that you could ride a unicycle!

After reading this thread I've been thinking about taking the unicycle to the next cache that has a bike path or sidewalk, just so Sidehopper can say he went geocaching on a unicycle!

HAHA! thats hilarious. I wish I had a unicycle, if I did I bet I could do it and if I could do it I would definitely go caching with it! :lol:

So I went caching on Monday and as I was walking through this park I saw a guy teaching a girl how to unicycle and I thought of this post. I actually really wanna learn how to do it now. I ride me mountain bike everywhere and I can ride with no hands standing up, would it be kind of the same thing, or totally different?

I'm sorry to say that riding a bike with no hands and standing is nothing like riding a unicycle. I tried to prepare my-self by doing that before I got my unicycle, but there is no comparison. Although with perseverence and dedication you can do it. If you do end up getting a unicycle I would reccomend the brand Torker or Koxx-one.

-Denver#9-

I'm sorry to say that riding a bike with no hands and standing is nothing like riding a unicycle. I tried to prepare my-self by doing that before I got my unicycle, but there is no comparison. Although with perseverence and dedication you can do it. If you do end up getting a unicycle I would reccomend the brand Torker or Koxx-one.

-Denver#9-

Thanks for the tip!

Ambient. To answer your question... 1) It doesn't really matter if you unicycle while you hunt, just as long as you know how to unicycle and you are a geocacher. 2) There are many kind of unicycles. Some are made for tricks some for circus and some for distance. The ones used for tricks usually have a 20 inch diameter tire, while the circus ones are the really tall ones called giraffs. The ones made for distance have giant wheels, usually 36 inch diameter. In fact some people have ridden in the Tour de France with them. Look up "coker unicycle" on google to see pics and information. Unfortunately I haven't been geocaching in some time, but next time I go I will be sure to ride my unicycle. :D

-Denver#9-

Oh. I understand now, thanks :)