Personalization not working in beta maps either?

It worked for me over the weekend. The main problem I have is after about 30 minutes it seems the "recognizing" bit, which syncs the caches I've found with map lose the association and I'm just Johnny-No-Finds. (ooo, wouldn't it be fine to find these all over again!)

While that's irritating it's compounded with caches refusing to show on the map (good thing I have the GC codes in my Garmin Oregon and have Log-Attempt-Found on each.)

It was a busy weekend of geocaching and hiking and hiking and geocaching - these little problems I do not need when I return home tired and wanting to log quick so I can get down to the serious business of getting some sleep. snore.gif

Seems to be working now although GC2PKXC still does not show as existing in Beta Maps while it shows up just fine in the otherwise currently useless Google Maps.

PM caches don't show up in the "new" maps, a long standing bug that makes them as useless as the old maps.

I am keen to use beta maps but when I go from the standard google map it loses a load of the caches. Doesn't matter whether I have personalisation on or off. Soooo frustrating.

PM caches don't show up.

As you zoom out, random caches don't display, you have to be zoomed in to see "all" caches.

They overloaded their systems when they started the "new" maps, to the point they've effectively had to disable the "old" maps, now they have two styles of mapping, and neither works.

Your choices seem to be either seeing maps with caches you've already found, with no way to get rid of those, or to see maps that have many caches missing.

The only work around seems to be to setup a PQ and use its map preview but that gets horribly inefficient if you are planning a road trip or trying to look at other areas outside of your closest 1000, and even then there are issues with them displaying all 1000 caches.