May photo competition.

Thanks very much to dizzypair for choosing our photo as the winner of the April competition.

The theme for your May photos is abandoned and discarded.

This is totally down to your imagination....vehicles, structures, tanks, farmyard machinery, maybe even furniture. Well you get the picture! But this won't include geocaching containers because technically they are not abandoned!

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache, caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme* if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, display the photo and copy the URL to provide a link to the post. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

Edited by aliandtone

Now this wasn't necessary part of any specific UK cache, caching series or caching trip however I did try and do a little caching on the way while attempting to do the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge back in March.

On my trek between Pen-y-ghent and Whernside I came across this discarded pair. I may have not completed the challenge but at least I didn't have this problem. I hope he/she had a second pair handy.

f56889f3-0863-4b6c-8e1f-5f761eaeef69.jpg

I'll lose points for not being directly related to a particular cache for this one, but had to share. Re-discovered whilst looking for places to form a multi. This was going to be a possible place for the final, but needed permission to place in there, so didn't use.

Old pub sign, abandoned for about 40 years according to someone who has lived in the town longer than myself, belonged to a pub which is about 400' away before the new roads were built. Closest cache not belonging to me is GC1D03W, the actual coordinates if anyone is in the area and is interested to look are N 51 42.828 W 001 57.424

52339520.jpg

161ada43-2855-4a84-b831-74b2061dc4d4.jpg

This neglected and abandoned bridge was on the return journey from Death of Power, an awesome 4* terrain cache near Kinlochleven. Luckily it did not collapse any more as "Lara Croft" inspected it from every angle.

4379f765-a2df-46e0-8bf7-59d6cb4ae7b2.jpg

After rolling our Easter eggs at Balvaird Castle, I walked around the field to a ruined cottage for "Through the Windie" where I took a photo of the castle "through the windie"!

My first forum post! I think I'l lose points for the fact that these pics were taken a while ago but they've been sat on my phone for ages so I finally have use for them. This was taken at the site of Docharn Wood. There was something a bit spooky about the ruins but I thought they took a good photo.

5a82ba4d-552e-4541-840d-7ab796774632.jpg

16404b6f-2bf7-4d9d-9abd-4a26528aa865.jpg

One from Birdman-of-Liskatraz's exquisite "Just another pointless micro" series, "Scrapyard". You see? Not so "pointless" now, is it, eh? - I can make a competition entry out of it :P

088b116a-8255-40e1-a7f3-298da6feea21.jpg

MrsB

Thats a Leyland Martian 6X6 Heavy Recovery I spent my early days as a Recce Mech operating one of those :ph34r:

leyland-martian-10ton-heavy-recovery-217-eh.jpg

drum roll please.........the moment you have all been waiting for......................

I am afraid there can only be one winner................

the winner of the May photo competiton 2011 is..................................................................

Haggis Hunter! With this photo......... Congratulations!

637dc78e-26ae-443a-a4fb-0db01a728be1.jpg

We have enjoyed our judging spotlight and a few caches have gone onto our watch list as a result! B)

Really?

Interesting choice, perhaps not one I would have gone for.

I liked this photo, it was one of my favourites, but probably not my absolute favourite. I have watched this thread since joining the site a couple of months ago and have even gone back to look at all the previous winning photos; I think it's great that the winner judges the next contest as everyone will be looking at different things they want out of a good photo.