Forget about "TFTC" logs...

Yup... thought so. Zero caches owned. Please don't judge cache owners until you are one.

Why don't you quit judging posters based on their hide counts!

We are still cache finders and I think we have just as much insight into the logging process as you do.....

With all due respect - no, you don't.

Do you mean me personally or the we that I spoke of?

I'll admit since I am new that I don't have as much experience as others. But there are others that have posted who have much more experience than I do that share my opinion. How about them?

TL&MinBHIL has been at it 8 months and has 175 finds. Is that enough to earn the right to an opnion?

Azisbest has been caching since 2005 and has 3 hides, is that enough?

TerraViators have just over a year of experience, 1300+ finds, and 39 hides. Are they entitled to an opinion?

What is the magical hide or find count that qualifies a reader to disseminate the contents of a post and offer a reply?

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa.Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa.Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa.Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa.Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa.Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... whoa. whoa. whoah. whoa. whoa.

Opinions are opinions. Judgement is something else.

Because they are judging me. Ever hear of "walk a mile in my shoes"? You do not have insight into being a cache owner.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I am commenting on what I see you post. I have not bothered to go see how many caches you have hidden or found.

You are the only one that keeps bringing up hide counts. So much, btw, that I am wearing a cast now. I'm not blaming you for that. Just saying that after being told a few times that my opinion doesn't count just because I don't have any hides that I figured it was time to go hide a cache. I'm curious if it will change my opinion or not.

I'm about ready to put you on my ignore list, by the way.

Ok. Not sure how I am supposed to respond to that. You either do it or you don't. I'm not going to change my opinion because of it.

I don't care if you're wearing a cast, or what your reason is for not having any hides. I don't even care if you ever have any hides. All I am saying is that you don't know what a cache owner's experience is because you are not a cache owner. Why can you not understand that?

It's just too dang esoteric.

Yup... thought so. Zero caches owned. Please don't judge cache owners until you are one.

We are still cache finders and I think we have just as much insight into the logging process as you do.....

I'll admit since I am new that I don't have as much experience as others. But there are others that have posted who have much more experience than I do that share my opinion. How about them?

TL&MinBHIL has been at it 8 months and has 175 finds. Is that enough to earn the right to an opnion?

TerraViators have just over a year of experience, 1300+ finds, and 39 hides. Are they entitled to an opinion?

What is the magical hide or find count that qualifies a reader to disseminate the contents of a post and offer a reply?

You're right. You have as much insight into logging as others. We're talking about a simple e-log. It doesn't take much insight to get it. Don't worry about it. The forums are a bully pulpit alot of times. You learn to tolerate it, but don't ever accecpt it.

I think you have enough finds and hides that I can trust your opinion. ;)

Because they are judging me. Ever hear of "walk a mile in my shoes"? You do not have insight into being a cache owner.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I am commenting on what I see you post. I have not bothered to go see how many caches you have hidden or found.

You are the only one that keeps bringing up hide counts. So much, btw, that I am wearing a cast now. I'm not blaming you for that. Just saying that after being told a few times that my opinion doesn't count just because I don't have any hides that I figured it was time to go hide a cache. I'm curious if it will change my opinion or not.

I'm about ready to put you on my ignore list, by the way.

Ok. Not sure how I am supposed to respond to that. You either do it or you don't. I'm not going to change my opinion because of it.

I don't care if you're wearing a cast, or what your reason is for not having any hides. I don't even care if you ever have any hides. All I am saying is that you don't know what a cache owner's experience is because you are not a cache owner. Why can you not understand that?

I am with knowschad on this. Pretty straghtforward answer that is. As a CO of 17 caches I am willing to say that A CO's experience is very much different than person with no cache hides.

But in other terms I am with the others. Why bring up comparison? After all, it's just a game, not an hour long session about comparison.

So I guess I am neutral.

You're right. You have as much insight into logging as others. We're talking about a simple e-log. It doesn't take much insight to get it. Don't worry about it. The forums are a bully pulpit alot of times. You learn to tolerate it, but don't ever accecpt it.

I think you have enough finds and hides that I can trust your opinion. ;)

How about this? People with 3 months experience don't normally come into internet forums and spend countless hours nipping at the heals of people with much more experience in the subject matter. I don't care what it is, scrapbooking, model rocketry, gardening, whatever. Sorry if that's too harsh for you, or you're going to try to make me feel bad for saying it. B)

How about this? People with 3 months experience don't normally come into internet forums and spend countless hours nipping at the heals of people with much more experience in the subject matter. I don't care what it is, scrapbooking, model rocketry, gardening, whatever. Sorry if that's too harsh for you, or you're going to try to make me feel bad for saying it. B)

Fortunately, no one has ever described me as normal. :P

Fortunately, no one has ever described me as normal. :P

How many people need to suggest that you just be quiet, listen, and learn before you take their advice? Are you finally getting the idea that you are rubbing more people than just me the wrong way in this thread? Listen to those with a bit more experience and realize that they just might have a thing or two to teach you.

How many people need to suggest that you just be quiet, listen, and learn before you take their advice? Are you finally getting the idea that you are rubbing more people than just me the wrong way in this thread? Listen to those with a bit more experience and realize that they just might have a thing or two to teach you.

I don't care how long you've been playing this game, how many finds you have, or how many hides you have. That still doesn't give you the right to tell me to shut up.

In my opinion, that is more rude than any blank log.

You are so focused on shutting me up that you must have missed that there are a number of people that actually agree with me.

I don't care how long you've been playing this game, how many finds you have, or how many hides you have. That still doesn't give you the right to tell me to shut up.

You are so focused on shutting me up that you must have missed that there are a number of people that actually agree with me.

Nobody asked you to shut up. We just asked you to listen and consider what we are saying. Give it some weight. Thats all.

I for one am just hoping to raise the bar a bit. Educate a few folks. Get a few more words in those logs. If I can.....

And you are apparently so afraid that people are going to tell you to shut up that you read it into the tea leaves. I was trying to tell you that I'm not the only one suggesting that you stop telling those with more experience than you what they should be experiencing. Grasshopper.

Nobody asked you to shut up. We just asked you to listen and consider what we are saying. Give it some weight. Thats all.

I have listened and expressed a number of times that I understand your position. However, the reverse is not true.

Knowschad keeps telling me I don't have enough finds to have an opinion and you keep saying that you can't acknowledge my position because you are concerned that it will weaken your position.

I understand desiring a certain type of log. I can understand being upset with receiving a blank or terse log. I get it.

But you have gone beyond simply expressing your opinion on log contents. You have a number of times made demeaning remarks towards the character of said loggers by calling them lazy. Not only do you not know the true reason why any individual has logged a blank or terse log, but you are unwilling to acknowledge that there are any valid reasons for those logs.

And not only have you gone beyond expressing an opinion on log contents, but you have also gone after people because of their logging style.

Me and and couple of other posters have simply tried to point out that there may be reasons other than the ones you assume that might account for these logs.

But because I don't have a ton of finds or hides, you and knowschad have decided that I don't really have the right to an opinion.

Look back through this thread and you will see who is or is not listening.

I have also stated my goal is to educate those that do not understand why leaving blank logs or acronym logs is an inconsiderate practice. I cannot acknowledge that there is a valid reason to leave such logs - because (in my opinion) there isn't - other than a lack of understanding.

....and nobody attacked your find count.

Edited by StarBrand

Knowschad keeps telling me I don't have enough finds to have an opinion and you keep saying that you can't acknowledge my position because you are concerned that it will weaken your position.

No. I keep telling you that until you put out some hides that you have invested some time, money, and real thought into that you should not be trying to tell us that have how we should feel. You stubbornly refuse to understand that and keep twisting what I am trying to tell you into something that I am not trying to say.

Reminds me very much of this video:

Edited by knowschad

I am done with this thread.

mresoteric, you have successfully earned a place right there next to six other forum members, all but two of which no longer post here. So really, you are one in three. That's quite an accomplishment.

Edited by knowschad

I cannot acknowledge that there is a valid reason to leave such logs - because (in my opinion) there isn't - other than a lack of understanding.

How about if there is no redeeming quality to a cache? Can you truly there is no valid reason? That seems a bit short sided.

No. I keep telling you that until you put out some hides that you have invested some time, money, and real thought into that you should not be trying to tell us that have how we should feel. You stubbornly refuse to understand that and keep twisting what I am trying to tell you into something that I am not trying to say.

Reminds me very much of this video:

I have not been telling you how to feel. I've been attempting to point out possible reasons people may leave logs you don't like other than being lazy or inconsiderate. You and starbrand stubbornly refuse to acknowledge that I might just have a point.

BTW, at :39 in your video, the pit bull manages to bite off a piece of that branch. There is hope. :)

Ok

mresoteric, you have successfully earned a place right there next to six other forum members, all but two of which no longer post here. So really, you are one in three. That's quite an accomplishment.

Seriously? You would put him on ignore just because he vehemently defends his position? He hasn't insulted or demeaned anybody. He's presented his position in a very thoughtful and reasonable manner. Granted, he's persisted for a lot longer than most would, but Y'ALL have done that! Just because he presents a viewpoint that is different than yours doesn't mean it's not a valid one. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

Seriously? You would put him on ignore just because he vehemently defends his position? He hasn't insulted or demeaned anybody. He's presented his position in a very thoughtful and reasonable manner. Granted, he's persisted for a lot longer than most would, but Y'ALL have done that! Just because he presents a viewpoint that is different than yours doesn't mean it's not a valid one. Ignoring it won't make it go away.

That is a shame. I would have hoped that he would just ignore the thread rather than me. I respected his opinion. I just felt his reasoning for discounting mine was not justified.

This thread has degenerated into an exercise in quote dissection and includes numerous violations of our forum conduct guidelines. The discussion is no longer productive, so I am closing the thread. Let's take a break from this subject for awhile, go find some caches, and write some nice logs.