Forget about "TFTC" logs...

I know that I have spent weeks getting some of my caches ready. I spent over $60 for a fiberglas fake rock once for camo (OK, never again). I spent over $100 once for materials to make a fake plaque as the first stage of a multi. Typically, I spend $20-$30 for swag that ends up as used, dirty golf balls and soggy coupons. My mind is constantly occupied with where and how I can hide a cache that is different from the rest and will really get people to talking. And I do it all for blank logs. Uh-huh. I'm a saint.

I agree with sbell. If I may be so bold as to take this line of thinking a smidge further, though, to say that no matter how good a cache owner's location/container/intentions may have been, the CO simply isn't entitled to a log. It's lovely if the finder does give you a few kind words, but not necessary.

Effort does not equate to entitlement in my books.

Sigh... nobody said anything about entitlement, either. No head-spinning, no threats, no entitlement, and no stalking. Just expressing our feelings as cache owners. Is that so hard to understand?

The reality is, you don't have to explicitly say that you're entitled to something to show an air of entitlement, though you really seem to be saying just that in post #102 of this thread (Quoted on top).

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. You are not entitled to tell me what my opinion is.

What is your point? Are you just relating your own issues or are you trying to say noone should log from a phone because you find it to be a pain?

Quite apparently you find it to be a pain as well - because you feel the need to type nothing out in the field (presumably because of the phone's limited keyboard) and come back later to edit it even though the owner is likely totally unaware you did so.

I also post my logs from my computer because I am not about to take my rather expensive phone out into a swamp.

Ok so I'm one who sometimes posts blank logs as in my caching road trip. I could barely log the finds with the phone let alone type a log. I try and go back and edit the logs but unless I am truly inspired by a cache, TFTC it is. I don't know why so many people feel they must dictate what and how much people should type in their logs.

Do you understand why people appreciate hearing "thanks" after they do you a favor?

I bolded the bit that you and others keep missing. If your cache is as good as you claim it to be, YOu are going to get a nice log from Alohikea. If your cache is uninspired, you won't. Take it as a learning experience and perhaps put in some effort to make your next cache better.

I agree with sbell. If I may be so bold as to take this line of thinking a smidge further, though, to say that no matter how good a cache owner's location/container/intentions may have been, the CO simply isn't entitled to a log. It's lovely if the finder does give you a few kind words, but not necessary.

Effort does not equate to entitlement in my books.

Sigh... nobody said anything about entitlement, either. No head-spinning, no threats, no entitlement, and no stalking. Just expressing our feelings as cache owners. Is that so hard to understand?

Perhaps you don't realise how some of the posts are coming off because you are so heavily invested in your opinion. But of the posts in this thread sound like demands and head-spinning.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. You are not entitled to tell me what my opinion is.

But we are open to interpret what you have written.

I'm done with this thread.

Why quit now? Isn't this entire thread about interpretation?

We've all been giving your interpretation of blank logs. You've been expressed the CO's side and I've expressed the loggers side.

This entire course of discussion hinges on how one interprets what is/isn't writtn in the log.

Ok so I'm one who sometimes posts blank logs as in my caching road trip. I could barely log the finds with the phone let alone type a log. I try and go back and edit the logs but unless I am truly inspired by a cache, TFTC it is. I don't know why so many people feel they must dictate what and how much people should type in their logs.

Do you understand why people appreciate hearing "thanks" after they do you a favor?

I bolded the bit that you and others keep missing. If your cache is as good as you claim it to be, YOu are going to get a nice log from Alohikea. If your cache is uninspired, you won't. Take it as a learning experience and perhaps put in some effort to make your next cache better.

Your best day was 106 caches. Mine was 105. I dare you to compare logs for those days.

Get a notebook, a digital recorder, a smartphone recording app, if your memory is insufficient. My typical note is "POG tube in cedar tree near bike trail". That is all I need generally to remember enough to say something about the cache.

Nobody is dictating anything. This is something called "manners", "courtesy", "politeness", and so-on. Those are some of the basic tenets of society.

Stalk much?

Just for kicks, since you felt like you needed to bold a bit. I bolded some. It wasn't too hard to go to Alohikea's finds. Click the little blue ribbon and see the one that had 26 favorite posts. You guessed it. Blank Log. Try again.

Your best day was 106 caches. Mine was 105. I dare you to compare logs for those days.

Get a notebook, a digital recorder, a smartphone recording app, if your memory is insufficient. My typical note is "POG tube in cedar tree near bike trail". That is all I need generally to remember enough to say something about the cache.

Nobody is dictating anything. This is something called "manners", "courtesy", "politeness", and so-on. Those are some of the basic tenets of society.

Stalk much?

Just for kicks, since you felt like you needed to bold a bit. I bolded some. It wasn't too hard to go to Alohikea's finds. Click the little blue ribbon and see the one that had 26 favorite posts. You guessed it. Blank Log. Try again.

I'm not sure which side this point is supposed to support, but it sure sounds a lot like effort not equating to entitlement to me.

Stalk much?

I'm not sure which side this point is supposed to support, but it sure sounds a lot like effort not equating to entitlement to me.

Try to keep up

Using real words in logs is just much more polite than blank space or shortcuts to real speech. Not a generational thing either. Just good manners.

I think it is the app with the smartphone and the newbie. I have cached with some at events..and they don't know any other way. They don't go on the forums so how are they going to know? In fact, my daughter and her fiance are like that. She doesn't even log them. He log them and does say somethng...but yep...they went to college.

Try to keep up

Sorry, I went out for some donuts. Want one?

:omnomnom:

Would I have to say TFTD?

No, because similar to logging a cache online, I recognize that I'm not entitled to that courtesy. I might like to hear that, but the world spins madly on even if it doesn't occur.

Using real words in logs is just much more polite than blank space or shortcuts to real speech. Not a generational thing either. Just good manners.

I think it is the app with the smartphone and the newbie. I have cached with some at events..and they don't know any other way. They don't go on the forums so how are they going to know? In fact, my daughter and her fiance are like that. She doesn't even log them. He log them and does say somethng...but yep...they went to college.

Easy solution - see post #2.

Really no kidding? The Earth keeps spinning. Are you serious? I guess we shouldn't try to change anything that doesn't end in world destruction then. GEEZ!

Yep... no kidding. Try to keep up.

You're absolutely welcome to try. Understand that I'm not averse to the idea that some sort of log with a logged find is required... I just can't imagine why it matters. To me, it would seem more beneficial to everyone (myself included) to foster and re-inforce the type of behaviour that you're looking to see in logs politely with the finders in question via email or perhaps at events or out in the field when you come in contact with them. As some have mentioned, this already occurs, and that's awesome. Instead, this back and forth futile exercise in trying to change someone's mind occurs and changes nothing.

However, I understand that the "required log" Feedback request was declined by TPTB. You really want to be taken seriously? Start the request again, if it hasn't been started already. Keep doing it until you're heard or get tired of beating a dead horse.

We've all been giving your interpretation of blank logs. You've been expressed the CO's side and I've expressed the loggers side.

This entire course of discussion hinges on how one interprets what is/isn't writtn in the log.

OK, I'll respond just one more time.

Why? Because I don't come here to play stupid debating games. I come here to have fun, and once in a while, to attempt to help and educate new cachers. Those that want to learn, that is. I suspect that none that really want to learn have made it this far.

You are saying that you can interpret my intentions by my posts here, but that I can't interpret the intentions of those that log my caches with empty or minimal logs. Well, that doesn't make any sense, and trying to argue the point any further would be a waste of my time.

Outahere. For good.

You are saying that you can interpret my intentions by my posts here,

I didn't say I could interpret your intentions. I said we are free to interpret what you write.

Your intentions may be to just state your opinion and nothing else. But what you have written sounds to some of us like demands.

Similarly, what some loggers intend is to just log a find. But some CO's interpret it as a slight against their cache or disrespect or laziness or all the above.

I'm new to the game and I have only 9 finds under my belt. I love logging in the fun I've had. My question for you is, I've also logged in my "didn't find" with details (not complaints) of my attempt. I always say I'm going to try again. Is that ok to do or do cache owners only want the "found it" logs? Soooo much still to learn! Thanks

Either way, found or not found, we want to hear from you.

Often, a cache goes missing -- we need to know if you didn't find it! If I can't find it, you would want to know that too. So share early and often.

This is my first visit to the forums in a long time and was not to surprised to see this thread. With only forty something finds I am still a newbie, but since I started caching I have allways made it a point to log more than just a TFTF. Maybe it is my age or the way I was raised, but I feel that if someone invests thier time and effort to hide a cache then they deserve an effort on my part to show that it was appreciated.

This is my first visit to the forums in a long time and was not to surprised to see this thread. With only forty something finds I am still a newbie, but since I started caching I have allways made it a point to log more than just a TFTF. Maybe it is my age or the way I was raised, but I feel that if someone invests thier time and effort to hide a cache then they deserve an effort on my part to show that it was appreciated.

That's excellent! If that's the way you enjoy the game, you should keep it up.

Why? Because I don't come here to play stupid debating games. I come here to have fun, and once in a while, to attempt to help and educate new cachers. Those that want to learn, that is. I suspect that none that really want to learn have made it this far.

You are saying that you can interpret my intentions by my posts here, but that I can't interpret the intentions of those that log my caches with empty or minimal logs. Well, that doesn't make any sense, and trying to argue the point any further would be a waste of my time.

Outahere. For good.

You seem to be upset because others are misinterpreting your intentions in a thread where you have posted many times. Yet you can't accept that you may be misinterpreting the intentions of peope who post very little or nothing at all. Edited by sbell111

Outahere. For good.

You seem to be upset because others are misinterpreting your intentions in a thread where you have posted many times. Yet you can't accept that you may be misinterpreting the intentions of peope who post very little or nothing at all.

This is feeling like a verbal 'swirly', and I am getting dizzy. :blink:

Ahhh, this debate goes on. LOL If I had to rate other people's logs, I suppose blank ones would be on the bottom of my list. At the very least, give it a TFTC. But as a cacher who solely uses an iPhone with the Geocaching app, I can completely understand those who leave a log blank until they get home. It's not the most convenient task to log a cache from the field on your phone, let alone many of them in a single day. And if they choose to do so, I don't think it's the CO's right to tell them (or even ask them politely) to do it a different way. Personally, I do log mine from the field, from my phone and do not leave blank logs. But that's just me, I don't want to risk the possibility of forgetting about one when I get home because I do like to include things about the experience.

I like to include a little something about what it took to find the cache or something about my experience for a particular one. If a cache doesn't entertain me, inspire a longer log, or if I just downright don't like it, it's highly unlikely I say something negative about it. I'll at least thank them for hiding it. Yes I'm one of the evil people who use TFTC, but in my defense, I haven't used it all by itself to log a cache. That brings me to another point...a lot of people despise TFTC, they would rather see it written out. But let me remind everyone that it is included in Groundspeak's list of glossary terms, therefore is a very common & widely used acronym in Geocaching. Both newbies & caching veterans alike use it and I don't see anything wrong with it. It became so popular for a reason, and NOT because all those people are lazy. Now if that's ALL someone puts as a log, I am a bit disappointed because I like reading other people's logs to caches I find. But if that's what they want to do, it's their prerogative.

If you categorize short logs as "lazy," then I think it's fair to say the same about someone who copy/pastes the exact same log to every single cache they found that day, sometimes dozens. And that is a very common practice by longtime cachers in my area. The only time I do it is when I'm working on a series of caches, but even then I also include an added personal bit to each log.

Someone complained about "King Frog" having the final say, then implied that CO's should (or at least that's how I took it). And it's a sentiment that seems to be shared by many in these forums. I don't put CO's on a higher level than other cachers. Sure I'm grateful for those who hide caches because Geocaching wouldn't exist without them. I plan to be one sooner or later, but CO's are not the be all, end all over the rules of Geocaching. I don't think CO's should have the right to delete logs simply because they don't like the style in which the cacher logged their cache. And I've read about plenty of CO's who said they delete TFTC logs. That's just not right, I think that attitude hurts the game just as much as anything else. Maybe, MAYBE I can see deleting blank ones, but what if it's blank because an app user is going to fill it out later? The right to delete a log should be reserved for ones that are rude or abusive. We as cachers shouldn't have to conform to the CO's idea of a good log.

In the end, for all the people who don't like a certain style of log, there are as many who don't mind it. It's a wash and that's probably why Groundspeak doesn't take more drastic actions. The debate shall go on!

Edited by TL&MinBHIL

Someone complained about "King Frog" having the final say, then implied that CO's should (or at least that's how I took it). And it's a sentiment that seems to be shared by many in these forums. I don't put CO's on a higher level than other cachers. Sure I'm grateful for those who hide caches because Geocaching wouldn't exist without them. I plan to be one sooner or later, but CO's are not the be all, end all over the rules of Geocaching. I don't think CO's should have the right to delete logs simply because they don't like the style in which the cacher logged their cache. And I've read about plenty of CO's who said they delete TFTC logs. That's just not right, I think that attitude hurts the game just as much as anything else. Maybe, MAYBE I can see deleting blank ones, but what if it's blank because an app user is going to fill it out later? The right to delete a log should be reserved for ones that are rude or abusive. We as cachers shouldn't have to conform to the CO's idea of a good log.

In this case King Frog is Jeremy Irish (Groundspeak owner). It is his sandbox, we just get to bring our toys here and play with them.

Outahere. For good.

You seem to be upset because others are misinterpreting your intentions in a thread where you have posted many times. Yet you can't accept that you may be misinterpreting the intentions of peope who post very little or nothing at all.

I just love the joy you bring to our little forums, SBell. Always glad to hear from you.

What about "never been a posting on the sight to indicate that the had ever been found"?

I assume knowschad would be fine because the finder didn't receive a smiley. But Starbrand sees "the emails as a notice that your cache has been logged and found". Doesn't that make a non-log even worse than a blank log?

I'll thank you to stop putting words in my mouth with rash generalizations. If you cannot see by now that a log with words is a fundamental part of Geocaching and good manners - I doubt that further discussion will help anything. Let the topic slide off the page and we can head back to our neutral corners.

Thanks.

What about "never been a posting on the sight to indicate that the had ever been found"?

I assume knowschad would be fine because the finder didn't receive a smiley. But Starbrand sees "the emails as a notice that your cache has been logged and found". Doesn't that make a non-log even worse than a blank log?

I'll thank you to stop putting words in my mouth with rash generalizations. If you cannot see by now that a log with words is a fundamental part of Geocaching and good manners - I doubt that further discussion will help anything. Let the topic slide off the page and we can head back to our neutral corners.

Thanks.

Putting words in your mouth? I believe that is a direct quote.

I'm just curious if the emailed logs serve as a notice that the cache has been logged and found, then what about non-logs?

I would agree with one point made by StarBrand, A "NO LOG" is worse than a blank log. I have placed caches that did not get logged for a few days so I went out to give them a quick check. I found upto 4 names on the caches log sheet. A few days might go by before someone ends up logging the cache. And if you a a FTF hunter nothing is worse than thinking the FTF is open and you get to the cache and see that it was found the day before, it just has not been logged in on the web site.

My two cents on the short and/or blank log would be, I like to see what people think of my caches but if they do not choose to give me any kind of feed back OH WELL!

I would agree with one point made by StarBrand, A "NO LOG" is worse than a blank log. ....

I never said that. Don't agree with it either. Some folks choose to play totally offline. I'm cool with that. They usually leave nice comments in the physical logs.

I would agree with one point made by StarBrand, A "NO LOG" is worse than a blank log. ....

I never said that. Don't agree with it either. Some folks choose to play totally offline. I'm cool with that. They usually leave nice comments in the physical logs.

If you are cool with people not logging at all, then surely blank logs should be ok as well. After all, at least a blank log lets you know one of your 150+ caches has been found. That has to be much easier on a cache owner than making frequent trips out to check so many physical logbooks.

I completely agree with StarBrand that 'no logs' are worse than blank logs. Of course, there's absolutely nothing that can be done about those. I also agree with StarBrand that the good thing about blank logs is that they communicate to the cache owner that the cache has been found. Further, just like a benign non-blank log, they imply that there are no glaring maintenance issues with the cache.

Edited by sbell111

I completely agree with Starbrand that 'no logs' are worse than blank logs. Of course, there's absolutely nothing that can be done about those. I also agree with Starbrand that the good thing about blank logs is that they communicate to the cache owner that the cache has been found. Further, just like a benign non-blank log, they imply that there are no glaring maintenance issues with the cache.

:rolleyes::anibad:B)

.....sigh

I completely agree with StarBrand that 'no logs' are worse than blank logs. Of course, there's absolutely nothing that can be done about those. I also agree with StarBrand that the good thing about blank logs is that they communicate to the cache owner that the cache has been found. Further, just like a benign non-blank log, they imply that there are no glaring maintenance issues with the cache.

:rolleyes::anibad:B)

.....sigh

StarBrand is very wise.

Ahhh, this debate goes on. LOL If I had to rate other people's logs, I suppose blank ones would be on the bottom of my list. At the very least, give it a TFTC. But as a cacher who solely uses an iPhone with the Geocaching app, I can completely understand those who leave a log blank until they get home. It's not the most convenient task to log a cache from the field on your phone, let alone many of them in a single day. And if they choose to do so, I don't think it's the CO's right to tell them (or even ask them politely) to do it a different way. Personally, I do log mine from the field, from my phone and do not leave blank logs. But that's just me, I don't want to risk the possibility of forgetting about one when I get home because I do like to include things about the experience.

I like to include a little something about what it took to find the cache or something about my experience for a particular one. If a cache doesn't entertain me, inspire a longer log, or if I just downright don't like it, it's highly unlikely I say something negative about it. I'll at least thank them for hiding it. Yes I'm one of the evil people who use TFTC, but in my defense, I haven't used it all by itself to log a cache. That brings me to another point...a lot of people despise TFTC, they would rather see it written out. But let me remind everyone that it is included in Groundspeak's list of glossary terms, therefore is a very common & widely used acronym in Geocaching. Both newbies & caching veterans alike use it and I don't see anything wrong with it. It became so popular for a reason, and NOT because all those people are lazy. Now if that's ALL someone puts as a log, I am a bit disappointed because I like reading other people's logs to caches I find. But if that's what they want to do, it's their prerogative.

If you categorize short logs as "lazy," then I think it's fair to say the same about someone who copy/pastes the exact same log to every single cache they found that day, sometimes dozens. And that is a very common practice by longtime cachers in my area. The only time I do it is when I'm working on a series of caches, but even then I also include an added personal bit to each log.

In the end, for all the people who don't like a certain style of log, there are as many who don't mind it. It's a wash and that's probably why Groundspeak doesn't take more drastic actions. The debate shall go on!

Wonderful response.

We cache with our iphone and log out in the field. I have never left a blank log but I do use "TFTF" quite a bit. If a CO was to delete my log, would I get an email from Groundspeak? If not, then I guess I would never notice because I rarely ever look back at caches I've already found.

Just because I only sign "TFTF" alot, doesn't mean I'm lazy...it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the cache...it simply means that is how I signed the log.

Wonderful response.

We cache with our iphone and log out in the field. I have never left a blank log but I do use "TFTF" quite a bit. If a CO was to delete my log, would I get an email from Groundspeak? If not, then I guess I would never notice because I rarely ever look back at caches I've already found.

Just because I only sign "TFTF" alot, doesn't mean I'm lazy...it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the cache...it simply means that is how I signed the log.

Yes, you would get a "log deletion notice" if someone deleted your log. But they can't just because they don't like the fact it's blank, or only contains an emoticon or "TFTC".

So you mean signing the physical log "tftf"? I assumed that's what you meant, and looked at about 10-12 of your finds from various dates, and you are not a "tftc" online logger, you always type something, although often short.

Don't worry about logging on your iphone from the field, apparently almost everyone does. Why they feel that have to log it on the phone from the field, this old-timer will never know or understand.

And I don't mean I'm a technologically challenged old guy or anything. I had PALM PDA powered cell phone that was capable of going on the internet and logging caches from the field even before I started Geocaching way back in 2003. P.S. I'm still a Palm Phone guy all these years later. There isn't and probably will never be an authorized Palm Geocaching App. But I could easily be logging caches from the field on wap.geocaching.com. But not me, I prefer the beer in front of the computer method. :lol:

Edited by Mr.Yuck

Wonderful response.

Yes, you would get a "log deletion notice" if someone deleted your log. But they can't just because they don't like the fact it's blank, or only contains an emoticon or "TFTC".

So you mean signing the physical log "tftf"? I assumed that's what you meant, and looked at about 10-12 of your finds from various dates, and you are not a "tftc" online logger, you always type something, although often short.

Don't worry about logging on your iphone from the field, apparently almost everyone does. Why they feel that have to log it on the phone from the field, this old-timer will never know or understand.

And I don't mean I'm a technologically challenged old guy or anything. I had PALM PDA powered cell phone that was capable of going on the internet and logging caches from the field even before I started Geocaching way back in 2003. P.S. I'm still a Palm Phone guy all these years later. There isn't and probably will never be an authorized Palm Geocaching App. But I could easily be logging caches from the field on wap.geocaching.com. But not me, I prefer the beer in front of the computer method. :lol:

Thank you, TheSapaFamily, for the compliment. I log with my iPhone in the field simply because I normally like to add a little bit about the experience. And if I waited until I got home, I'd forget a lot of it...which cache was which, where did that happen, where did I see something interesting...things like that. It does slow us down a bit because I suck at typing on a phone, but it's either that or jot it down on paper. So I figure, what the heck, might as well log it & be done.

I'm glad to hear we'll be notified if a log is deleted. When you say, "they can't just because they don't like the fact it's blank, or only contains an emoticon or 'TFTC'.", do you mean it's merely against the rules? Because, although I haven't experienced this myself, I've seen plenty of CO's in this forum who say they do delete "TFTC" type logs. As I said before, I just don't think it's right for a CO to delete a log simply because the cacher didn't log in a manner the CO prefers. I have another question about what happens if our log is deleted...does it affect our find count? Would we lose that find because a fussy CO deleted a log they shouldn't have?

Mr. Yuck, I must say that your talk of being a Palm user is different than the impression you gave me in another thread. You'll see what I mean, I won't delete it because I don't have anything to hide and I stand behind the things I say. In reading your post over there, I got the feeling you have something against smartphone users. I apologize if I misunderstood.

Edited by TL&MinBHIL

Wonderful response.

Thank you, TheSapaFamily, for the compliment. I log with my iPhone in the field simply because I normally like to add a little bit about the experience. And if I waited until I got home, I'd forget a lot of it...which cache was which, where did that happen, where did I see something interesting...things like that. It does slow us down a bit because I suck at typing on a phone, but it's either that or jot it down on paper. So I figure, what the heck, might as well log it & be done.

I'm glad to hear we'll be notified if a log is deleted. When you say, "they can't just because they don't like the fact it's blank, or only contains an emoticon or 'TFTC'.", do you mean it's merely against the rules? Because, although I haven't experienced this myself, I've seen plenty of CO's in this forum who say they do delete "TFTC" type logs. As I said before, I just don't think it's right for a CO to delete a log simply because the cacher didn't log in a manner the CO prefers. I have another question about what happens if our log is deleted...does it affect our find count? Would we lose that find because a fussy CO deleted a log they shouldn't have?

Mr. Yuck, I must say that your talk of being a Palm user is different than the impression you gave me in another thread. You'll see what I mean, I won't delete it because I don't have anything to hide and I stand behind the things I say. In reading your post over there, I got the feeling you have something against smartphone users. I apologize if I misunderstood.

Oh, I actually saw that. It was part of your responses to several different people, so I just won't respond to it there.

No, I will say it's a "rule" that someone can't delete your log because they don't like it (blank log, tftc only log etc...) If you've seen some cache pages where the CO rants they will delete copy-n-paste logs, it's probably left over from the days before "additional logging reguirements" on caches were eliminated. You can dispute any deleted log by sending an email to contact@geocaching.com and they will get involved. They probably despise that part of the job, but they will get involved. :D

Wow! Didn't realize this thread was still going strong, lol. The blank logger replied back to me and all is fine. She was logging with her phone and did indeed make the finds. She made up for it with a bunch of "TFTC"s in her e-mail. The latest cache they found, they have typed in a log this time. All is good. :)

Wonderful response.

I'm not ragging on you, or any other "log from the field" person, but I just don't understand this!! I didn't forget anything about this cache or this cache, both of which are two hours from home in opposite directions, and I surely didn't log them until the next day. I guess I'm just a log the caches when I get home kind of guy, and I've been doing it since day one. And I have been on dozens of 15-20 per day cache excursions, and one 43 in one day trip.

EDIT: Almost forgot, I guess my main point is there were 10+ caches found on the days I found both those caches, and logged a day later.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

My other 2/3rds says I'm often too wordy in the logs.

Have been since we've started.

If I had a great time, I say so and state how much I appreciated the hide. If it was an awesome day, I'll sometimes make note from when we head out to finally heading back to the car (and home.)

Most times I include pics. I log 'em when I get home.

She'll type in one or two sentences and done. Sometimes on her iPhone.

If I were to type "TFTC" (or less) on a cache page (did it twice), I'd get emails from the CO and others asking what went wrong, or what happened to get me so ticked.

I find that odd. Must mean something for them to notice.

Wow ok thanks for the thoughtful posts encouraging me to post better logs. I was going to go back and edit my logs from Road Trip (by the way I was using a friend's phone cuz mine locks up the app on the iphone-yes not a great smart phone smart a**) to what was happening on this epic road trip caching down the Oregon Coast but now I think I will leave Road Trip. I originally put Road Trip because I had just put RT and a cache owner jumped down my throat about that. So now all my logs will be essays on how excellent or not this cache was, what I ate for breakfast while looking for the cache, when I went to the bathroom after finding the cache, and so on. :) So I am being a little facetious but really?

Wow ok thanks for the thoughtful posts encouraging me to post better logs. I was going to go back and edit my logs from Road Trip (by the way I was using a friend's phone cuz mine locks up the app on the iphone-yes not a great smart phone smart a**) to what was happening on this epic road trip caching down the Oregon Coast but now I think I will leave Road Trip. I originally put Road Trip because I had just put RT and a cache owner jumped down my throat about that. So now all my logs will be essays on how excellent or not this cache was, what I ate for breakfast while looking for the cache, when I went to the bathroom after finding the cache, and so on. :) So I am being a little facetious but really?

Oh c'mon, I don't think anyone was overly rude. :D I think most people are saying a little unique sentence about the cache is all that is needed. I don't do "for the numbers parking lot micros", but I've always agreed they don't deserve much more than a "quick grab, TFTC" type of log.

Sorry, but this is just a totally new phenomenon!! Even just two years ago, people going around and dropping "RT" on every online log was unheard of.