Minting Problem

*Darth Vader*

I ordered 150 two tone coins and when they arrived I received 37 of the top coin and 113 of the bottom coin. As you can see, the eyes on the bottom coin have less paint.

695f2a98-9a2e-4fa8-a9da-561ced8af714.jpg

The company re-minted the 113 coins but when I received them there was no change. Would you complain again and have them re-minted a second time or would you let it slide? Would it matter which coin I give to you? Is there a noticeable difference?

Edited by The_Warrior

It looks kinda cool with the iridescent eyes but it could pose a problem to the consistency of your product when you're selling and it is a problem if it's not what you ordered. If consistency in the quality is a concern you should have them fix it again or at least redo the original 37 to match the final batch.

hello Warrior! :)

Hmm... I have the feeling that the mint didn't understood where the eror was...

I believe that it depens on you my friend! if you feel that the coin has to be remint... go for it! they did the same mistake again, so...

Now... if you are going to sell the coin... maybe some cachers will have an issue...

if this is going to be a mystery coin... I do not think so! after all except that the coin is beautiful... the move is the one that counts... that you are sending a free mystery coin to them and they do not even know who to thank for!

I do not think that anyone will chack the teeth of the donkey if the donkey is a present! Well.. we use to say that in Greece! :laughing:

Me personally.. I wouldn't mind at all!!! :D I love errors! they give something unique to a coin!

Now... for the ones that are ok... with the black eyes... you can name them V1 and the others V2!

The only thing that troubles me is... is the coin trackable? Sorry, I do not know much..

if it is.... that means that the reminted 113 have the same tracking numbers with the first 113 with the error? if yes... that a problem.... you might have to remove the tracking numbers in the first or the second 113... make them non trackables so they can be ok...

This isn't my type of thing so maybe I shouldn't comment, but on a purely technical/aesthetic level the top one looks right and the bottom one looks wrong, as if worn or something not quite right with it. More skull than Darth Vader. If I were buying one of these for someone, I'd want the top one and although I wouldn't send it back or say anything if I got one of the others, I might not buy from that seller again if it wasn't clear what I might get when I was buying. Hope that helps!

It's odd that they got the top one right, and the bottom one wrong - TWICE!

As someone else suggested, maybe they haven't understood your instructions? But you are the customer and the customer is always right - they should make sure they know what they are doing. Get them to do them again, and if they don't stuff it up again, you now have 226 swag items! :laughing:

The bottom one has a spooky look in the eyes, I wonder if that is just how it looks in the photo or if that is really how it looks. I really like the more eerie look, however I know that might not be the look you going for. If you are paying the mint to make you a coin with the amount of money you are paying you should get what you want, but if it's getting to be more of a pain then it's worth then I am sure, as evident above, that there are plenty of people that would love to have one no matter what the eyes look like....Indiana Anthony included :anibad:

Hmm. You definitely need to send one of each to me so I can take a good look at them.

Wait a second. You need to send one of each to me. I just so happen to have the foremost authority on Star Wars living in my house. (my 5 year old Hunter) He loves all things Star Wars.

It's odd that they got the top one right, and the bottom one wrong - TWICE!

As someone else suggested, maybe they haven't understood your instructions? But you are the customer and the customer is always right - they should make sure they know what they are doing. Get them to do them again, and if they don't stuff it up again, you now have 226 swag items! :laughing:

that philosophy is a product of western culture, and may not be true everywhere.

Is there a noticeable difference? - Yes and then again only when they are side by side cause we would not have known it was an error. But I do like Jackalgirl's answer :P the price just went up :D

Would it matter which coin you gave to me? - NO a gift is a gift, thank you and I'd be honoured.

Would I get a remint or let it slide? - That's a hard one but I do believe in the "You are the customer" so if I or you are unhappy with the result then yes I'd complain and ask for them to get it right.

Whatever the decision, I hope to meet you Warrior :)

Bottom line is you ordered what you wanted and didn't receive it twice. It's extremely important to be concise in asking for a fix, but I'd get them fixed before you let any go. I've been through this and the issues, complaints and opinions you'll have to endure over time might not be worth it to you. I feel your pain, but go with your gut!

Bottom line is you ordered what you wanted and didn't receive it twice. It's extremely important to be concise in asking for a fix, but I'd get them fixed before you let any go. I've been through this and the issues, complaints and opinions you'll have to endure over time might not be worth it to you. I feel your pain, but go with your gut!

+1 :)

The company re-minted the 113 coins but when I received them there was no change.

What you are experiencing happens every year around this time. After Chinese New Year many workers stay home or seek other work (2007 it was a Nike factory opening nearby that needed 40,000 workers and paid 3 times the hourly wage). So the mint suffers twofold, first it loses it's experienced workers and second there is a period of training new workers who are brought in. The kinks are usually gone (after many complaints) by June.

A similar thing to your coin happened to two versions of the alchemist coin. Half were correct, but the other half were colored in wrong. Not that big a deal, but when you paint over semi-raised detailing, the coin loses appeal.

We just returned from Geocinfest 2011 SC and found this coin in our bag!!! Whoo Hoo #136 :D Thank you to the Warrior, how you got this in our bag is still a mystery!

Congratulation for this great coin. I love this coin and I love also these things that happened to me at the GCF-EU as well: you empty your bag when you come home and find a mystery coin :wub:

My little guy just picked up coin #035 at Groundspeak HQ. He was SOOOOOOOO excited to find it, he thought it was trackable and wanted to check out all the cool Jedi places it has traveled... now he is worried that The Sith will track him down if he doesn't move it along. We have been trying to find out who it belongs to. Am I to assume that it is now his very own miss-printed special coin?