Question re zones

Ky Devas

Hi,

I'm having a go at building a Wherigo and all seems to run ok in the emulater, but am stuck with too many active zones. I don't need them all active at the same time and some I only want active when the player exits the previous zone. I've searched the forum but can't find an answer to this - well not one I can understand anyway. I tried deleting a zone, then re-adding it not clicking on display or active on the righthand side and adding this via set amd display and active being true or false on entering / exiting, but this resulted in the zones not being seen at all in the emulator.

Can anyone give me a step by step guide or tell me where I'm going wrong please. I'm not a programmer so click here, drag there is about my limit.

Thanks.

I am struggling to understand what you are asking. So, this might be way off in terms of the answers you are looking for. If so, please clarify.

I don't think there is a limit to the number of zones that you can have. However, there is a limit to the number of ACTIVE zones. For Garmin players, I believe anything more than 5 will start to give you trouble.

Once you are finished with a zone, change its active status to false. For other zones, don't make their active status true until you absolutely have to.

As for visibility, there is a "range" where the zone is visible. If you are outside that range, the zone will not be visible even if it is active. To get around this, check the "Always in Range" box for the zones.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Tequila

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have too many ACTIVE zones.

"Once you are finished with a zone, change its active status to false. For other zones, don't make their active status true until you absolutely have to."

It's this I am struggling with. How do I do that using Urwigo?

Ky Devas

Hi,

Thanks. Yes, I tried this, but then when I run the programme in the Wherigo player to test it, none of the zones work. If I drop the little man into them nothing happens. I'm wondering if I'm not checking a box or something, unless it's a problem with the player?

Ky Devas

Take a look at the attached screen shots, they should make it pretty clear.

Hi,

Yes, that's very clear, thanks very much for that. Done it but urwigo still flags an error messge as me having too many simultaneously active zones. Also, all the zones then became visible to the player at the start so I've had to uncheck display. Tried to upload the file here but get a message saying I'm not permitted to upload this type of file. Am beginning to dispair of this. Think I'm going to have to shorten it to 7 zones unless anyone has any other ideas?

Ky Devas

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your help, it all helped me piece it together. I found out what I needed to do. For anyone else with this problem, do exactly what Ant89 says, but DO NOT check active as indicated in the first thumbnail for any zones except the first one,

Ky Devas

Edited by Ky Devas