got my package today..whoo hoo pics to follow if this works

pics085.jpg

opened it quick lol

pics086-Copy.jpg

unloaded it quicker..look at all the goods

an official geocache

glow sticks

glow bracelets

hot wheels car(which my young cousins confiscated quickly)

a ben 10 tshirt(also confiscated)

glow sticks

greenbay packers mini helmet(confiscated also)

Geoscouting patch

a big box of reeses pieces

a water pistol(confiscated too)

and of course....

a really cool Egyptian coin

pics087-Copy.jpg

pics090.jpg

and an awesome travel bug to pass along

pics092.jpg

hope i didnt leave anything out..loved the stuff i got to keep lol cool mission cool goodies..cant wait to do another! thanks boiler for the cool items..

I haven't recieved mine yet and I believe there are several others that haven't gotten theirs either. So, you might want to keep it open a little longer.

I would like to see a 4th of July mission. I don't know if other countries celebrate 4th of July but I think it would be fun. You probably can't put fireworks in the mission box but there are other things you can put in. Also, with 4th of July coming up pretty soon nobody probably won't recieve their mission till after the holiday. I don't know about anyone else but that will be fine with me. :) Then, I would like to see a summer mission or beach mission. I think I've seen in the forums before that someone said, in some countries its not summer maybe we can do something like "whatever your season is mission"? I'm just throwing out some ideas of what I like to see and I think it would be fun!

Email sent: 29th April 2011

Name received: 15th May 2011

Package sent: 23rd May 2011.

Package received:11 June 2011

got my package today..whoo hoo pics to follow if this works

pics085.jpg

opened it quick lol

pics086-Copy.jpg

unloaded it quicker..look at all the goods

an official geocache

glow sticks

glow bracelets

hot wheels car(which my young cousins confiscated quickly)

a ben 10 tshirt(also confiscated)

glow sticks

greenbay packers mini helmet(confiscated also)

Geoscouting patch

a big box of reeses pieces

a water pistol(confiscated too)

and of course....

a really cool Egyptian coin

pics087-Copy.jpg

pics090.jpg

and an awesome travel bug to pass along

pics092.jpg

hope i didnt leave anything out..loved the stuff i got to keep lol cool mission cool goodies..cant wait to do another! thanks boiler for the cool items..

I love the Egyptian coin. I have not seen any around. Are they still avaiable? I would love to get one of those.

I have not gotten my package yet.. so I'd be sad to close this thread when it's not complete for everyone yet.

And in case you were thinking of starting another mission (thanks so much for organizing this one by the way) and were taking a look at the missions that were already running: this one is not complete, there's the kitchen sink mission that's not done yet, and I just started a new mission recently that I'm taking names for till the 24th. (Coin Spotlight Mission)

My packages should be going out in the mail today (sorry, have been ill and away on business), plus I've not received mine yet. It will be a few weeks yet I suspect before you can close this one off.

Being international it can take quite a few weeks sometimes for delivery.

Also, there are other people lining up to run missions, so it might be good to give someone else a chance to run one.

(I am already planning to run a Halloween/Thanksgiving mission later this year, and I know MoonCat & KDT are planning one also; and as sheltiedogshowlover pointed out - there are several other missions currently running)

I love the Egyptian coin. I have not seen any around. Are they still avaiable? I would love to get one of those.

I see that there is a Copper one and a Gold one currently on eBay. Buy It Now for $25 and $29, respectively. They are not mine. I got this one from someone selling off some coins on this forum. They are nice. :ninja:

How are everyone's activated trackables doing, and (for those that have arrived and are ready to be dropped, or are continuing their journey) can we see links? It would be good to be able to follow them and see how they get on. Here's mine anyway: Harry the Hamster and Henry goes on Holiday.

Edited to link to the correct travel case coin!

Edited by Fianccetto

How are everyone's activated trackables doing, and (for those that have arrived and are ready to be dropped, or are continuing their journey) can we see links? It would be good to be able to follow them and see how they get on. Here's mine anyway: Harry the Hamster and Henry goes on Holiday.

That's a great idea! Your "Harry goes on Holiday" is adorable. You should have his picture shown on the main page, so everyone can see how cute he is. :)

**********************************************************************************************

My little traveler is Artem the Manikin.

**********************************************************************************************

As for my mission update, I haven't received mine yet, but I haven't sent mine either, so I'm not too worried. I hope to get my mission off either tomorrow, or the latest Thursday. I'm still waiting for some sections of it to dry, yep, dry. The receiver of my mission is a Guinea Pig for the latest medium I'm working with. I've definitely haven't perfected it yet, but it sure has be fun to make and I hope it will come in handy. :ph34r:

Locality Mission

Email sent: May 2, 2011

Name received: May 16, 2011

Package sent: Either Tomorrow or Thursday :)

Package received: Not yet

Here are my two that were releasaed, one in the hands of Team Luvbassn, and the other still en route.

Dea the Good Witch

Kimi the Travelling Butterfly

If you like their stories you can check out the coinciding ones as both my caches and other travellers.

I remember reading about your caches and your TB and how they go together, nice idea. I love the story of "Kimi the Traveling Butterfly," one of my favorites. I have put both of yours and Fianccetto's TB on my watchlist and I hope they have fantastic travels. :)

Here are my two that were releasaed, one in the hands of Team Luvbassn, and the other still en route.

Dea the Good Witch

Kimi the Travelling Butterfly

If you like their stories you can check out the coinciding ones as both my caches and other travellers.

I remember reading about your caches and your TB and how they go together, nice idea. I love the story of "Kimi the Traveling Butterfly," one of my favorites. I have put both of yours and Fianccetto's TB on my watchlist and I hope they have fantastic travels. :)

Well the Silver Compass has officially been marked missing now, so its location is truly hidden. The cache it was in was muggled and the coin was not found.

Henry goes on Holiday has a different geocoin code than the one you have it registered to. The code on the coin goes to Travel Case Geocoin. Please let me know if you need any further information from me based on the coin, etc.

As for my activated object, Raymond the Manta Ray Travel Tag, is off and visiting a North Carolina beach at the moment. Hopefully he won't get too cold in the ocean!

Edited by fstop64

Henry goes on Holiday has a different geocoin code than the one you have it registered to. The code on the coin goes to Travel Case Geocoin.

I..did...what? :blink: I thought that might happen, so I thought I was really careful not to get them mixed up. :unsure::rolleyes: Looks like I have their tracking numbers written the wrong way around in my little yellow rite in the rain book. (Henry has the copper coin, I have the silver one.) So I've edited their pages, but it means I didn't dip Henry and his case into any caches over here. Oh well.

Henry goes on Holiday has a different geocoin code than the one you have it registered to. The code on the coin goes to Travel Case Geocoin.

I..did...what? :blink: I thought that might happen, so I thought I was really careful not to get them mixed up. :unsure::rolleyes: Looks like I have their tracking numbers written the wrong way around in my little yellow rite in the rain book. (Henry has the copper coin, I have the silver one.) So I've edited their pages, but it means I didn't dip Henry and his case into any caches over here. Oh well.

You might be able to go in and "dip" him for a date prior to when I grabbed him. I am not sure if it will work out, but I am pretty sure it calculates everything by the date of activity. Just a thought, I don't know if this is a "correct" thing to do or not.

I tried that but as I don't have it, I can't dip it. I could grab it from the cache it is in and then try to edit my logs on the caches to dip him, then ask you to grab him back, but I don't think we need to. Either way is not quite regulations anyway.

So I'll edit his mission to return home for his toothbrush. You know what hedgehogs are like, not known for their great hygiene.

Henry goes home to get his Toothbrush!

Edited by Fianccetto

I tried that but as I don't have it, I can't dip it. I could grab it from the cache it is in and then try to edit my logs on the caches to dip him, then ask you to grab him back, but I don't think we need to. Either way is not quite regulations anyway.

So I'll edit his mission to return home for his toothbrush. You know what hedgehogs are like, not known for their great hygiene.

Henry goes home to get his Toothbrush!

Sounds good! :)

Woo-Hoo!!!...I came home today to find a package waiting for me on the table outside. Eseurat really put a lot of time and effort into putting this together. When I opened the box I found this beautiful hand made box made out of map and with my name across the top. I really love this box and not sure if I want to store my coins in it or have it sitting on a table. Along with that I got some post cards of different places in Idaho (I never knew Idaho was so beautiful), got a deck of Idaho Joe playing cards, Huckleberry chapstick :D (the name Huckleberry reminds me of Doc Holiday saying, "I'll be your Huckleberry" and this is so perfect because I'm going to Tombstone, AZ sometime next week), a lovely card with some very neat handwriting wished my handwriting was that neat, got a Coeur D'alene magnet that I can put on my fridge, some Star Garnets (which is pretty interesting. I've never seen or heard about it before. Its amazing that you can only find them in Idaho and India), some yummy Idaho Huckleberry syrup and some Idaho Potato pancake mix (which I will definitely try very soon), Idaho Spud candy and some Moose Poop which is yummy, a travel bug (Artem the Manikin) to send him on his adventure, 2 pathtags (Forest Fresh and Warning Be Aware). And of course I got 2 geocoins that were on my seeking list and you know how happy I am to get those :D they are 2010 Compass Rose (that beauty is heavy and big) and a Dragon Tails geocoin. Thank you so much Eseurat! You've done an outstanding job putting this together and picking everything out. I love everything!

Thank you Team Luvbassn for setting up this mission!

2011-06-20_14-03-31_667.jpg

2011-06-20_14-17-59_508.jpg

2011-06-20_21-31-48_497.jpg

I (finally) got my missions posted off last week and they were sent AirMail so they shouldn't take too long to get there. I had something arrive today at work which might be one, but was so busy didn't get a chance to open it and ended up leaving it sitting on my desk! Will find out in the morning if it is a mission. And if it is, then I will still be waiting on one...

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since I sent mine - I'm hoping it got out of the country before the postal strike. If it still hasn't arrived in another week I'll have to put something together again- of course it won't be as good but what can you do.

I am currently on vacation and can not check my list to see who has not received their mission... So if you have not received a mission please post here and I will see what I can do.

3492oud.jpg

Cute package of Keewee birds, a koala bear, & 3 sheep brought me some fun presents.

They came bearing Some yummy pineapple chunk candy, a New Zealand key chain, and postcard and some nice coins:

A beautiful Jack Russel Terrier Sun Catcher Coin

A New Zealand Flag Micro

And the traveling keewee's Mission GeoTag #3

Thanks for this cute mission!

My package from Keewee came last Saturday...woo hoo!! Thank you so much Keewee, I will definitely enjoy my goodies!! I hope to post pictures tomorrow morning, I got distracted with trying to organize sending things for the Math Trade, that I forgot to grab my camera this morning before I headed to work. I will post pictures tomorrow and hopefully get your traveler dropped off this weekend:)

I really really really hope the second mission package i sent out on MAY 15 arrives this week- i cannot express how much I hope it gets there. I don't exactly have an extra $50-75 to put together another package and send it off at the moment, so if it doesn't arrive unfortunately I'll have to wait an extra week to be able to resend a new one. There were some things in there that I know I won't find again, so my second send out will not be anywhere near as cool or interesting. <_<

Rightio - finally I am posting details of a mission that arrived a several weeks ago (sorry - lifes been a bit like that!)

Thanks so much fuzziebear3 for the cool mission. And thanks for allowing me to knock the Cache Hopper off my seeking list! :D

78e20714-b1a7-420b-8a43-1aee0d3e41d2.jpg

Lots of wonderful goodies in the box :- Dragons cap, chocolates, some local souvenirs, card and lovely letter explaining everything and its place :)

(Did you know I live close to the place where Richard Pearse was supposed to have flown and landed a powered "heavier-than-air machine" 9 months earlier than the Wright Brothers!? - we were meant to be mission partners! :))

So that is one mission down, and one to go.

Locality Mission #1

Sign-up: 30/04/11

Name received: 16/05/11

Package sent: mid-June

Package received:Yes

Locality Mission #2

Sign-up: 30/04/11

Name received: 16/05/11

Package sent: mid-June

Package received: :(

Rightio - finally I am posting details of a mission that arrived a several weeks ago (sorry - lifes been a bit like that!)

Thanks so much fuzziebear3 for the cool mission. And thanks for allowing me to knock the Cache Hopper off my seeking list! :D

Lots of wonderful goodies in the box :- Dragons cap, chocolates, some local souvenirs, card and lovely letter explaining everything and its place :)

(Did you know I live close to the place where Richard Pearse was supposed to have flown and landed a powered "heavier-than-air machine" 9 months earlier than the Wright Brothers!? - we were meant to be mission partners! :))

Glad it got there safe and sound (I was starting to worry) and it sounds like you liked the items and the coins (I worried about that too).

Locality Mission

Package sent: June 17, 2011

Package received: June 25, 2011

MISSION COMPLETE!!!

Last saturday I got a lovely mission from Keewee! It contained some glow in the dark sheep, that I didn't realize that they glowed until last night. So, I will have to put them in my bedroom now:) A couple kiwi bird key chains from New Zealand and a koala from Australia also made the journey. They're now hanging from a curtain in my bedroom. I used to have a koala one when I was a kid, but it didn't have a cool jacket like this one. I also got a pretty postcard with greetings and a heart-shaped key chain of a kiwi bird. I love kiwi birds, they're so cute, especially when they're babies. Stuffed inside the box was also one of the most delicious treat ever....pineapple lumps!! Oh my goodness, I could have eaten the whole bag instantly because of how tasty they are, but I've managed to limit myself a few a day to make them last longer. You could just send out those and people would be happy-haha. Last, but not least, the coins. Keewee sent me one of his cool Geotag's to help it start out on it's journey. I hope to take some pictures of it and send it out sometime this weekend:) He also sent me a Nero and a New Zealand geocoin. I don't know anything about the Nero coins, other than I always thought they were cute when I saw them, so I will have to do some research to figure out Nero's story. Thanks for everything Keewee, I love everything, especially those pineapple lumps:) and thanks to Team Luvbassn for putting on this mission.

143575c0-e4f9-4e4e-b9ab-27ccbe1e3c97.jpg

Glad it got there safe and sound (I was starting to worry) and it sounds like you liked the items and the coins (I worried about that too).

Nothing to worry about - it's a fantastic mission :)

I love getting things from other places :)

Have some fantastic keyrings, which yours becomes one of, from all around the world... well from the US and parts of Europe at least :laughing:

And our fridge is COVERED in fridge magnets either from places we've been/visited or from people who've sent me missions. :)

I'd not seen the sun coin before - it's cool! And a lovely cache hopper for my Tsun collection. :)

The frisbee is going into the car to be there when needed; I needed a new cap, but am wondering if it is too good to wear as an everyday one... might just wear it when caching :D

And all the other bits and pieces - perfect! :D Thank you very much.

(The pathtag slipped out of sight and it missed the photo call)

Locality Mission

MISSION COMPLETE!!!

Last saturday I got a lovely mission from Keewee! It contained some glow in the dark sheep, that I didn't realize that they glowed until last night. So, I will have to put them in my bedroom now:) A couple kiwi bird key chains from New Zealand and a koala from Australia also made the journey. They're now hanging from a curtain in my bedroom. I used to have a koala one when I was a kid, but it didn't have a cool jacket like this one. I also got a pretty postcard with greetings and a heart-shaped key chain of a kiwi bird. I love kiwi birds, they're so cute, especially when they're babies. Stuffed inside the box was also one of the most delicious treat ever....pineapple lumps!! Oh my goodness, I could have eaten the whole bag instantly because of how tasty they are, but I've managed to limit myself a few a day to make them last longer. You could just send out those and people would be happy-haha. Last, but not least, the coins. Keewee sent me one of his cool Geotag's to help it start out on it's journey. I hope to take some pictures of it and send it out sometime this weekend:) He also sent me a Nero and a New Zealand geocoin. I don't know anything about the Nero coins, other than I always thought they were cute when I saw them, so I will have to do some research to figure out Nero's story. Thanks for everything Keewee, I love everything, especially those pineapple lumps:) and thanks to Team Luvbassn for putting on this mission.

Here's a secret... Pineapple Lump are best chilled - they're then ultra chewy!!!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMIEEEEEEEEE

We use to have a great TV add here for them on how New Zealand got them:

Locality Mission

MISSION COMPLETE!!!

You got a Nero! :wub: (even if he was a baddie) Both me and Mr F were avid fans of Dangermouse growing up, and he can still remember a lot of the lines! (sad, isn't it!)

I am so jealous!

Here's a secret... Pineapple Lump are best chilled - they're then ultra chewy!!!!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMIEEEEEEEEE

Haha-that was hilarious. I think he made a wise decision, even though not on purpose :blink:

I found more adds for them on YouTube, so, you know what I'll be watching tonight.

Locality Mission

MISSION COMPLETE!!!

You got a Nero! :wub: (even if he was a baddie) Both me and Mr F were avid fans of Dangermouse growing up, and he can still remember a lot of the lines! (sad, isn't it!)

I am so jealous!

So, Nero is from Danger Mouse. I have never seen that cartoon, or at least that I remember. I guess I will be watching a lot of YouTube tonight :)

Haha-that was hilarious. I think he made a wise decision, even though not on purpose :blink:

I found more adds for them on YouTube, so, you know what I'll be watching tonight.

Locality Mission

MISSION COMPLETE!!!

I am so jealous!

So, Nero is from Danger Mouse. I have never seen that cartoon, or at least that I remember. I guess I will be watching a lot of YouTube tonight :)

They were the personal geocoin of the geocacher/geocoiner Nero who use to frequent the forums, but I don't think he has posted in a few years. They're such a cool geocoin. Maybe I'll get some of you are mission recipients in the future and be able to gift you one of them. :)

Thank you, that would be great!

I wouldn't know where to begin with a 'want' list, there are so many great ones around.

(Mr F is sitting next to me muttering 'stop doing that Penfold!' 'Let's go back and have a nice cup of tea' and 'Baron Greenback's at it again' and 'si, Baroni' 'London: quiet peacful metropolis...(mutterings)'. Our favourite episode is when David Jason did so much descriptive monolog at the start, there was hardly any time left for a story line. Good stuff.)

I am finding there are BIG mailing delays at the moment - likely in relation to the Chilean volcanic eruption. The volcanic ash has travelled more than half way around the globe and is affecting flights in Australasia. Many, many flight cancellations.

I am finding there are BIG mailing delays at the moment - likely in relation to the Chilean volcanic eruption. The volcanic ash has travelled more than half way around the globe and is affecting flights in Australasia. Many, many flight cancellations.

Keewee is this effecting my otter? Please email me with updates.

Right-o so during my quality time with the mail lady at the post office today while we were sticking stamps on Math Trade envelopes, she said that I shouldn't worry about the mission I sent out until July 15. If it is not there by then, then it probably won't arrive. <_<

Still holding out hope....

It's been pretty quiet in here lately.. Has anyone received anything?