You decide your coin mision Mission

Team Luvbassn

So we go out for 2 hours to run a few errands to come back to a note from the post office saying I had a parcel waiting, and they wouldn't leave it for be because of the 'loose dogs' in my backyard. I guess my puppies can be a bit intimidating...

So i go to the post office still trying to figure out what it is that I had coming because I wasn't expecting to get this for quite a long time. And low and behold there's this GIGANTIC box there at the post office for me!!

5c8dd13f.jpg

I get it home and the first thing I do obviously, is get through all the packing tape and into this box!! What beautiful inside packing, and adorable little happy faces!

18fb61d8.jpg

What a fantastic mission from southern_angel!! We enjoyed going through everything, and I barely got a photo of the Blueberry Syrup before KDT had it open and was tasting it! It will be delicious on French Toast, or oooohhhh blueberry pancakes! mmmm :anicute:

f85dde92.jpg

The coins are great as well, I almost forgot to look at them, as i was too busy tasting the super yummy blueberry stuffs!

029dc13d.jpg

The Seven Summits, Aconcagua

Tough Cache Coin

Thanks so much for the mission southern_angel!! We really love it!!

Thanks Team Luvbassn for putting on this mission!

Edited to add:

Mission #1 - Original Theme

Email sent: April 29, 2011

Name received: May 15, 2011

Package sent: May 15, 2011

Package received:

Mission #2 - Locality Theme

Email sent: May 2, 2011

Name received: May 15, 2011

Package sent: May 15, 2011

Package received: May 27, 2011

Mission Complete!

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

2. This mission will include at least two trackables. 1 unactivated coin and the other can be any trackable that you want, micros, cachekinz, dogtag with something attached or a full sized trackable coin. BUT it MUST have been activated by you and dipped in a cache near you.

3. Post here in the forums:

Email sent:

Name received:

Package sent:( two missions sent, one KISS and one local) 5-26-11

Package received:

Finally, Was in Oregon last two weeks and the coins were left here in California.

Don't forget lots of pictures.

Edited by Team Luvbassn

This may be a stupid question but with the activated coin that is dipped into a cache near us do we adopt it to the person recieving the mission or keep it in our name? I activated the one in the box I sent and dipped it, gave it a mission (that the person recieving it can change if they see fit) but wasn't sure about that part. Thanks!

This may be a stupid question but with the activated coin that is dipped into a cache near us do we adopt it to the person recieving the mission or keep it in our name? I activated the one in the box I sent and dipped it, gave it a mission (that the person recieving it can change if they see fit) but wasn't sure about that part. Thanks!

My idea is the sender keeps ownership and they can follow it's voyage from where they sent it to. So just drop it somewhere near your home.

Email sent: May 2, 2011

Name received: May 16, 2011

Package sent: May 21, 2011

Package received: I'm in Orlando with family and haven't been home to see if I have a package. I will be home sometime tomorrow (saturday) and we will see. I haven't been on the forums so I thought I would post something to let everyone know I'm still here lol.

You're very much welcome Mooncat and KDT! Glad you liked everything.

Glad it arrived safe, Team Luvbassn :D hope the other one with the snacks arrives soon! (And when that person gets it, if I left clues that it was originally being sent to somebody else, am sooo sorry, but there was a quick change on the recipient and a shuffle around of contents and I didn't take the bubble wrap off everything. You are the intended recipient, don't worry!)

Email sent:

Name received:

Package received: 1 received, Pictures tomorrow after I settle down from looking at the contents, WOW, I love home missions. Thank you Jaq.

I received my first mission from Jacqui (Fianccetto)

She lives in Gloucestershire UK. She sent me a locality theme. It took me over an hour to open, unwrap and ogle all the great items from the UK. As you can see in the open box picture she wrapped everything in British wrapping paper.

In no particular order here are the items.

1. A Welsh love spoon

2. A Yellow Submarine English tea ball

3. A deck of international playing cards

4. A key chain with a mini copy of a miner’s lantern

5. A small wild boar.

6. A small hedgehog

7. Numerous postcards of Gloucester Cathedral and one with birds.

8. a Magnetic Travel Chessboard

9. a cricket tin cache container

10. An England Flag Keychain

11. a red thimble, representing a post box

12. a keychain with a min cooper attached.

13. A beautiful British Desk Set.

14. A fossil with a note attached “Grypyaea Ob Liquata, found at Hock Cliff “

15. a British themed lapel pin

2f3198c0-ee52-4650-b6f5-808003eaf2f4.jpg

011b2167-068a-4e16-9fbb-2dbf982f88ae.jpg

41377265-fb19-4fba-91a2-959f5f2df8b2.jpg

The coins are magnificent

1. unactivated Help for heroes, absolutely the best coin I have ever seen, and one of the biggest.

2. An unactivated UK Flag coin.

3. An unactivated trakbulldog (bulldog) coin

4. An activated Hamster Travel bug.

5. A souvenir of the Royal Wedding Non-trackable coin. It may be very valuable some day.

b3dff5e4-3e8d-4e78-b38d-936cf82e90d8.jpg

Thanks again Jaq!!!

Edited by Team Luvbassn

KDT just told me there is a box waiting for me at home from New York! I won't be home till late tonight but every second between now and then will be filled with anticipation!

Edited to add: thank you sheltoedogshowlover!!!! I love everything!!! Will post more in a few days, I have 4 shoot days this week so I won't be on the computer for a while :)

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

KDT just told me there is a box waiting for me at home from New York! I won't be home till late tonight but every second between now and then will be filled with anticipation!

Edited to add: thank you sheltoedogshowlover!!!! I love everything!!! Will post more in a few days, I have 4 shoot days this week so I won't be on the computer for a while :)

So glad Flash got there safe and sound! (He was nervous after listenting to what might happen to imaginery hamsters and rabbits left in boxes in the kitchen sink mission!) :P

Flash is here safe and sound! I had to protect him from the puppies who wanted something new and exciting to chew on

Understand that one! My dogs love stuffed toys. Glad you liked everything. IT was a little all over the place but I tried to be very local and a bit history related. :D I had a blast finding all the stuff in various thrift and antique stores as well as some more recently fun items at some of the local stores that I love!

I had a package waiting for me today!! It was so exciting! Thank you, Fianccetto! You definitely out did yourself!

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

I loved all of the thoughtful wrapping and care you took with your mission!

IMG_0011.jpg

The contents included:

- Lavender Shampoo and Body Wash

- 2 neat little kids toys that were packaged in little eggs

- The Union Jack Pillow (This was very interesting to read about!)

- Cache Critters Moo Brown Pin

- Box of Thorntons assorted chocolates

- A pencil from Castell Caernarton Castle (I hope to visit one day!)

- A British Notebook

- Jellyatrics Candies

- Kinder Chocolate Bars

- A wooden heart spoon

- A Curlywurly bar

- A Fruit Salad bar

- Green & Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate Bar

- Flumps Marshmallow Treat

- A licorice bar

IMG_0013.jpg

The trackables were very generous as well:

- Activated suitcase geocoin attached to a hedgehog

- Hamster geotag

- Micro Euro Flag Geocoin

- A TARDIS (Dr. Who) coin from England

The contents also included one last chocolate bar, which I love the wrapping:

IMG_0014.jpg

Thank you very much for your generosity! I have to let you know that my husband was drooling over the contents as I was opening it! He was very jealous that he did not participate. He is hooked now and wants to know when the next mission will be. He has even asked me to put a new mission together, so he can participate...we will see! :rolleyes: I did share the goodies with him once I was done opening and admiring everything! We have many more to work our way through still, and we will savor every bite!

Thank you Team Luvbassn for putting this mission together! It was my first, and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of it! I look forward to many more in the future.

I had a package waiting for me today!! It was so exciting! Thank you, Fianccetto! You definitely out did yourself!

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

I loved all of the thoughtful wrapping and care you took with your mission!

IMG_0011.jpg

The contents included:

- Lavender Shampoo and Body Wash

- 2 neat little kids toys that were packaged in little eggs

- The Union Jack Pillow (This was very interesting to read about!)

- Cache Critters Moo Brown Pin

- Box of Thorntons assorted chocolates

- A pencil from Castell Caernarton Castle (I hope to visit one day!)

- A British Notebook

- Jellyatrics Candies

- Kinder Chocolate Bars

- A wooden heart spoon

- A Curlywurly bar

- A Fruit Salad bar

- Green & Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate Bar

- Flumps Marshmallow Treat

- A licorice bar

IMG_0013.jpg

The trackables were very generous as well:

- Activated suitcase geocoin attached to a hedgehog

- Hamster geotag

- Micro Euro Flag Geocoin

- A TARDIS (Dr. Who) coin from England

The contents also included one last chocolate bar, which I love the wrapping:

IMG_0014.jpg

Thank you very much for your generosity! I have to let you know that my husband was drooling over the contents as I was opening it! He was very jealous that he did not participate. He is hooked now and wants to know when the next mission will be. He has even asked me to put a new mission together, so he can participate...we will see! :rolleyes: I did share the goodies with him once I was done opening and admiring everything! We have many more to work our way through still, and we will savor every bite!

Thank you Team Luvbassn for putting this mission together! It was my first, and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of it! I look forward to many more in the future.

OOOH! I'm jelous! You got a tardis coin and kinder chocolate! Very nice mission! congrats! What lovely wrapping.. and I love the suitacase coin attached to the hedgehog! Very neat idea!

Can't wait to see what I get in the mail (the anticipation is killing me.. :lol: I love seeing everyone's photo's.

I've been the organizer of a secret santa for a couple of years now (international, sheltie/dog related) and putting together the package and waiting to get them are so much fun! Coin missions are like secret santa's all year round! :D

Edited by sheltiedogshowlover

Glad it all arrived safely, fstop64!

I didn't add lots of little notes with everything in this mission...so here's some explanation!

Thornton's chocolate shops are on almost every high street here, so included that although they're Belgian I think, Green & Black's Maya Gold is Mr F's favourite chocolate (partly because it is fair trade) and how I started liking dark choccy (if you don't like dark choc it goes well in lots of recipes.)

Hope you get to visit Castell Caernarfon (Carnarvon Castle) some day in Wales. Would love to go back there again. We went recently on our way home from a trip staying with friends in Ireland last summer. The little Welsh love spoon came from a shop in the town, where they sold some large, really intricately carved ones. (Traditionally a Welshman would carve a love spoon for his sweetheart and give it to her as a marriage proposal!) We currently live not far from the border with Wales.

The little eggs are the toys that come in Kinder chocolate eggs, but I removed the eggs in case it got stopped at customs. That's my reason and I'm sticking to it.

And the hamster tags are ones you can (so far) only get from a shop in England. Our Mrs B (of The Blorenges fame) is reputedly the first person to hide a hamster cache (in Wales) and started off the whole hamster caching escapade and gave the game away about how they power everything over at the lily-pad (Groundspeak central offices) so that's why they're included.

Jelly Babies were my favourite sweets growing up, and I liked the way they use these 'Jellyatrics' packs to raise money for the charity Age UK. (They started these in 2005 when the Jelly Baby brand sweets turned 80!)

There was going to be more of a Dr Who theme, then a Rolling Stones theme, then a Beatles theme, but the shop I tried ordering from seemed to be like the cheese shop in the Monty Python sketch (old British comedy - as it turned out the shop didn't have anything in stock.)

Also, hedgehogs (wild ones) are Mr. F's favourite animal and we love have them visiting our garden. :)

Thanks again Team Luvbassn, I enjoyed putting my missions together and seeing them arrive safely! :) (That pack of cards I think is a Top Trumps style set - that game was the 'in' thing here when I was at school, but they usually featured footballers or Dr Who monsters. We usually take a pack with us on holiday. Not sure how well it would work based on countries, but at least some fun facts there and it seemed to tie in with sending things overseas.) :)

Edited by Fianccetto

I got back from working at the cathedral today and my daughter brought me a parcel, which could only be a mission from this thread!

As it turns out, it is both my missions, both from Team Luvbassn, one locality mission (based on Oregon) and one KISS mission from them. photos later, i did take some but then I somehow deleted them all. :yikes:

Glad it all arrived safely, fstop64!

I didn't add lots of little notes with everything in this mission...so here's some explanation!

Thornton's chocolate shops are on almost every high street here, so included that although they're Belgian I think, Green & Black's Maya Gold is Mr F's favourite chocolate (partly because it is fair trade) and how I started liking dark choccy (if you don't like dark choc it goes well in lots of recipes.)

Hope you get to visit Castell Caernarfon (Carnarvon Castle) some day in Wales. Would love to go back there again. We went recently on our way home from a trip staying with friends in Ireland last summer. The little Welsh love spoon came from a shop in the town, where they sold some large, really intricately carved ones. (Traditionally a Welshman would carve a love spoon for his sweetheart and give it to her as a marriage proposal!) We currently live not far from the border with Wales.

The little eggs are the toys that come in Kinder chocolate eggs, but I removed the eggs in case it got stopped at customs. That's my reason and I'm sticking to it.

And the hamster tags are ones you can (so far) only get from a shop in England. Our Mrs B (of The Blorenges fame) is reputedly the first person to hide a hamster cache (in Wales) and started off the whole hamster caching escapade and gave the game away about how they power everything over at the lily-pad (Groundspeak central offices) so that's why they're included.

Jelly Babies were my favourite sweets growing up, and I liked the way they use these 'Jellyatrics' packs to raise money for the charity Age UK. (They started these in 2005 when the Jelly Baby brand sweets turned 80!)

There was going to be more of a Dr Who theme, then a Rolling Stones theme, then a Beatles theme, but the shop I tried ordering from seemed to be like the cheese shop in the Monty Python sketch (old British comedy - as it turned out the shop didn't have anything in stock.)

Also, hedgehogs (wild ones) are Mr. F's favourite animal and we love have them visiting our garden. :)

Thanks again Team Luvbassn, I enjoyed putting my missions together and seeing them arrive safely! :) (That pack of cards I think is a Top Trumps style set - that game was the 'in' thing here when I was at school, but they usually featured footballers or Dr Who monsters. We usually take a pack with us on holiday. Not sure how well it would work based on countries, but at least some fun facts there and it seemed to tie in with sending things overseas.) :)

Thank you for the explanation! Knowing your personal reasons and connections to the items make them that much more meaningful! I will definitely share the spoon history with my husband. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and generosity in putting this mission together. Thank you again!

Email sent:

Name received:

Package received: 1 received, Pictures tomorrow after I settle down from looking at the contents, WOW, I love home missions. Thank you Jaq.

Second package arrived yesterday from Mooncat

Hers was a K.I.S.S. mission. Here is a picture

0147edd2-b879-4785-82fc-19976e85b333.jpg

I got a butterfly activated Travel bug, a pewter coin, a wonderful Ganesha (an Indian God) and a wonderful book every cacher should have. It has survival techniques for any situation we might encounter. One of them, my favorite, How to deliver a baby in a Taxi. Now where were those instructions last year when I was looking for the Taxi 4x5 cache. Also a very thoughtful card. Thanks Mooncat.

Nice to see some more missions arriving, love those butterfly coins!

Here's the photos of what was in the missions we received from Team Luvbassn:

Included was a KISS mission:

10d77s2.jpg

A home made card by Mrs. Team Luvbassn (thanks Elaine!) with an unactivated 10-10-10 Michigan event coin and an activated Signal the frog travel tag.

Also a locality mission, based around Oregon.

35aqjw2.jpg

This included some postcards, two books about Oregon (the poetry book by the Oregon logger is interesting - I read a bit of Robert Service poetry and loved Jack London books growing up, it has that same call of the wild flavour. Also interesting because for a couple of weeks I'm helping an artist construct an installation of medieval scaffolding (outside a cathedral) using traditional tools and methods, so I can appreciate the work and risks involved in lugging timber around!

Two sitting ornaments representing colleges in the State and a glass angel ornament in a box.

A walking stick medallion, a Team Luvbassn path tag, an Oregon shot glass and a DVD of Oregon Pictures Team Luvbassn have taken.

The trackables included are an unactivated Geo-Triad coin and an activated U.S. flag micro. Also a beautiful Team Luvbassn signature coin. :)

Thanks again Steve, for the mission(s) you sent and for organising the whole thing!

Edited by Fianccetto

Okay, now that I have mailed my box, I wanted to post a couple pictures of what I received.

I got a KISS mission from Penny+Kona, with a nice card and letter, as well as a beautiful Morpho Butterfly for me to keep, and a traveling Tree Frog to get moving in the world.

Here are the two coins:

f68b9e77-f49d-4b38-8119-0193f362e98e.jpg

Here is another shot of the butterfly:

16d335fb-0383-4bb7-ac2f-2a7167377aaf.jpg

Thanks again, the butterfly is very nice, I love the hinged effect.

I noticed that butterflies were pretty common in this mission too, but like in real life, there are many different varieties.

Got my package yesterday from Alaumos. Thanks very much for the coin and Summer items. DSCN0335.jpg

Got an awesome foldable butterfly geocoin to keep and a NASA space shuttle coin to hopefully travel from Utah to Kennedy Space Center. Thanks for the cool coin.

DSCN0339.jpg

Glad ya liked. Whose alamos lmao

Just got home from a sheltie specialty match that Dawn won (wohoo!) and thought the day couldn't get any better.. but there was a pink slip waiting for me on my step so I'm hoping that means my package has come!

Unfortunately the post office here closes at 2pm on Sat so I'll have to wait to get it till Monday but I'm ok with that since I also got a coin that I'm trading in the mail today and need to send that out Monday so I'll kill two birds with one stone!

Lol it's cool. But I blame fianccetto :D

:laughing::o :o :blink::laughing:

OK, well it's 'who's' not 'whose'! :P

Dang it. See you must have you one of them there fancy edumacations to be pointing out the grammatical errors of my bumbling thumbs on this iphone4 :P

Yeah fanks, I goed to skool and got some cuali qalli sertifikates, me.

FINAL update! I received my mission before the weekend, but didn't get around to photographing it OR doing the work in gc.com for the second travelling trackable until now. Thanks, FLtravelers, for a wonderful mission complete with postcard - I love postcards! I am very happy with my keeper coin, the all-seeing eye, and will hopefully place the traveling coin, original american search engine, sometime soon, along with all of those "pay it forward" coins I adopted out and have yet to place. Guess my "finds" rate should go up fairly soon?!

Picture and status update below. Thanks, teamluvbassn, for a fun mission.

Email sent: 29 April 2011

Name received: 14 May 2011

Outgoing mission sent: 17 May 2011

Incoming mission rcvd: 3 June 2011

f9af4dd1-0b3b-4a3d-a948-96c4f1a3fa1b.jpg

Since I have been working like crazy the past 3 weeks, I've finally got a day off and wanted to get some photos in from my awesome mission from sheltiedogshowlover! Almost everything made it into the picture, the main thing missing is the DELICIOUS grape twists that were consumed entirely and within about an hour by myself and 6 girlfriends at our girls night this past weekend.

Flash keeps a keen eye over the house now :)

c36b29ee.jpg

Fantastic mission with all sorts of great things from Rochester, NY including some Kodak stuff (my favorite being the retro film can. I collect old camera things, so this will fit awesomely into my collection. The candle is homemade and smells delicious. There is some fun stuff from their local comic store and an awesome little geocacher-sized flashlight. And the best thing? A pen with a clip on it!!! How did you know that every time I go caching guaranteed I lose at least one pen in the woods from it falling out of my pocket/bag?? This will solve a lot of headaches!!

9e47e4e5.jpg

There was also lots of wooden nickels, some of the first I ones in I'm sure what will be a budding collection. There were also 2 good dog blessing tokens for my puppies as well.

c5f0aa28.jpg

Thanks again sheltiedogshowlover!!! This was an awesome mission to receive!!

Both of my missions are now complete.

Glad you liked everything Mooncat & KDT!

Let me know how those bug repelling bracelets work! I have another package of those winery grape twists sitting in my kitchen.. they're my favorite! I decided that Since I couldn't send wine I'd grape twists! Hope the letter explained everything a bit and how each item connects to Rochester/Fingerlakes area! Enjoy!!

By the way.. my post slip was a false alarm. It was two non-trackable dog coins I bought from China that needed a signature.. fun but not my mission. Hopefully soon! :D Worst part was I went after work and there was another dang post slip in my mailbox today and I was just there (I know this one's not the mission so it urks me even more..lol)

Edited by sheltiedogshowlover

ugh the wait is killing me lol...feel like a kid at christmas...with all the homework that has been bestowed upon me from my professor it will be nice to get a break and check out my goodies when they get here.

Tomorrow will be a week. I am surprised it is not there yet. It must be hard for the pony express rider to get over the Rockies from Utah. Let me know if you don't see anything by the end of the week and I will put another package together.

Thanks.

ugh the wait is killing me lol...feel like a kid at christmas...with all the homework that has been bestowed upon me from my professor it will be nice to get a break and check out my goodies when they get here.

Tomorrow will be a week. I am surprised it is not there yet. It must be hard for the pony express rider to get over the Rockies from Utah. Let me know if you don't see anything by the end of the week and I will put another package together.

Thanks.

ok will do..snail mail..gotta love it

I haven't received my package yet either, but I'm also being poky on sending mine out, my apologies. I'm usually fairly fast at sending things, but too many life issues have been popping up the past month, but it should go out by Monday :) It is the wrong time of year for our regular festivals here, so I've had to scour pretty hard and change my plans on what to send.