Benchmark Link

southdeltan

I didn't feel that this suggestion went with the long thread on nearest caches - so here it is:

On the main page, I think there should be a link for benchmarking included in the 7 links already there (On the upper left of the page).

Somewhere between:

Main Page

About Geocaching

Hide & Seek a Cache

Track Travel Bugs

My Cache Page

Discuss Geocaching

Links

I think benchmarking has been on the site long enough to warrant an addition here, instead of the slightly hard to find (especially to newbies) link within the main page text.

just a thought,

southdeltan

quote:
Originally posted by southdeltan:

I think benchmarking has been on the site long enough to warrant an addition here, instead of the slightly hard to find (especially to newbies) link within the main page text.

I'll second this suggestion. Hopefully Jeremy can include it when the main page gets a makeover, if not sooner.

quote:
Originally posted by Pudman&Pookie2:

Although I don't hunt BM's regularly, I would probably do more if the link was there. I KNOW I would if there was a link to "nearest BM" on the cache page I was looking at.

I thought there was a link on each cache page. I looks like this.

Find...

...other caches hidden or found by this user

...nearby caches of this type

...all nearby caches

...all nearby placenames

...all nearby benchmarks

Or am I misunderstanding what you said?

There already is a link on both the cache and benchmark pages. The Cache pages have lots of options as included in the earlier post. Benchmark pages have almost as many - and include nearest cache and nearest benchmarks...

I just think that it'd be a simple and quick addition on the main page. More people would use it if it was more visible.

southdeltan

I can't disagree with adding a link on the main page. I expect that will be done with the rest of the site overhaul. But my guess is that will be the last thing changed. You have to have all those pages behind it done first before you know where to send things from the front page.

I am still laughing about the fact that you used DA and BM in the same post.

quote:

Team Shibby posted:

The link is already there. It may not be listed in the list on the top left hand side of the page, but it is right in front of your eyes.

Of course it's included on the main page. Nobody said it wasn't. It's not exactly a visible link however. Read my first post more carefully:

quote:

southdeltan posted:

On the main page, I think there should be a link for benchmarking included in the 7 links already there (On the upper left of the page).

The benchmarking information isn't NEW anymore and I can't see why it can't have a more clearly defined section like the other sections do. The link gets lost in the text of the main page.

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner