GC "My Finds" pq vs. my own "My Finds" pq

Hi,

Recently I noticed that my personal, weekly scheduled, "my finds" pocket queries did not return all my found caches. When I just hit the "My Finds" query at the bottom of the pocket query list, that did generate all my found caches... I checked and double checked my query, but can not find the error.

Any container

Any size

All countries I have found caches, since you need to specify at least one location

Any ideas?

And I see the my finds qury can be run every three days, which is more often than I would want to, so would it be possible to schedule it on a weekly base???

Thanks, Peter

Since you only have 172 finds it may seem easier to have a PQ scheduled to run weekly, but once you get over the 500 cache limit of a PQ you'll start to see the benefit of the official "My Finds" query. It can be run on-demand whenever you want, just no more often than every three days (72 hours). The nice thing about that over a scheduled one is what if you're entering your finds from the day or week at the same time your scheduled "finds" query is running? It isn't going to include whatever caches you haven't entered yet. With the on-demand query, you can run it as soon as you finish entering your finds.

Archived caches wouldn't be included for one.

That would be some explanation... Thanks.

Since you only have 172 finds it may seem easier to have a PQ scheduled to run weekly, but once you get over the 500 cache limit of a PQ you'll start to see the benefit of the official "My Finds" query.

The only downside of the official "My Finds" query is that apparently you can not schedule it.

But I have some explanation about the differences now.

Peter

Since you only have 172 finds it may seem easier to have a PQ scheduled to run weekly, but once you get over the 500 cache limit of a PQ you'll start to see the benefit of the official "My Finds" query.

The only downside of the official "My Finds" query is that apparently you can not schedule it.

Peter

There are distance problems also. If you want all your finds, regardless of availability state and distance, the official "MyFinds" is the only choice. As you have discovered the regular PQ setup for just your finds does not work.

Peter

There are distance problems also. If you want all your finds, regardless of availability state and distance, the official "MyFinds" is the only choice. As you have discovered the regular PQ setup for just your finds does not work.

I have my own Finds PQ's (five of them currently) and having found caches from Alaska to Califonia to Nova Scotia I have no problems with distance (mine are date based). I can scan the data to see which ones are archived and download a GPX file from the cache page, after which I have little need to reference an archived find. It's been months since I've run the special My Finds (and that was just for testing).

The other big difference (aside for no archived caches in the normal PQ) is the My Finds only contains your logs, the regular PQ contains the last 5 plus your logs.

The other big difference (aside for no archived caches in the normal PQ) is the My Finds only contains your logs, the regular PQ contains the last 5 plus your logs.

If you load the PQ in GSAK you can use a macro called "AddLogs" to add as many logs as you like.

If you load the PQ in GSAK you can use a macro called "AddLogs" to add as many logs as you like.

UMMM, I think not...unless you are the OWNER of the cache in question.

Recent versions of that macro do not allow this to prevent the abuse you are suggesting.

1,000 cache limit

There are distance problems also.

That's easily worked around. Select all states - and it will return world-wide results. Here's a world-wide Wherigo list of the (currently) 763 caches placed in 2010 and 2011.

But - to the point of the thread, yes - use the official MyFinds.