Mystery Summer Breeze Mission

ALAUNOS

So ive decided to do a mission and see how things go..It will be called the Summer Breeze Mission!

Requirements are it has to include at least one activated and one unactivated Geocoin..if you throw in extra thats completely up to you,

Contents of the package can be whatever you like (will add to the mystery part) from swag to sig items and anything in between (legal of course)

thought it be fun to see what kind of goodies everyone sent and received. Size of the package will be at your discretion also.

I will be taking only 25 participants and will have a list made of the order i receive the emails will post as soon as i get the 25th participant..i will then draw numbers out of a hat so to speak and go down the list starting with number one and email you the address of the person your number corresponds..example if i was number 1 and number 15 was the first number drawn out of the hat thats the person id send my package to..i will send all the emails the same day and will post when ive sent them all...

I will not include the name of the person your sending your package to to add a little more to the mystery part B) just put Summer Breeze where their name would normally go.

ill just do this inside the United States because overseas shipping can be a bit pricey at times.Once i have all 25 participants we will pick a day for all the packages to be sent out..I hope i can get everyone involved and that the mission is a success.

I am open for suggestions as this is my first attempt at a mission..Thanks

if the activated coin is to get placed in a cache to get a jump start

i would try it just to see what happens

i wouldnt mind the shipping over seas the way i see it they would have to

pay postage for their coin to get to the good ol' USA

so if no one else would mind im in for that too.

So ive decided to do a mission and see how things go..It will be called the Summer Breeze Mission!

Requirements are it has to include at least one activated and one unactivated Geocoin..if you throw in extra thats completely up to you,

Contents of the package can be whatever you like (will add to the mystery part) from swag to sig items and anything in between (legal of course)

thought it be fun to see what kind of goodies everyone sent and received. Size of the package will be at your discretion also.

I will be taking only 25 participants and will have a list made of the order i receive the emails will post as soon as i get the 25th participant..i will then draw numbers out of a hat so to speak and go down the list starting with number one and email you the address of the person your number corresponds..example if i was number 1 and number 15 was the first number drawn out of the hat thats the person id send my package to..i will send all the emails the same day and will post when ive sent them all...

I will not include the name of the person your sending your package to to add a little more to the mystery part B) just put Summer Breeze where their name would normally go.

ill just do this inside the United States because overseas shipping can be a bit pricey at times.Once i have all 25 participants we will pick a day for all the packages to be sent out..I hope i can get everyone involved and that the mission is a success.

I am open for suggestions as this is my first attempt at a mission..Thanks

...decided to initially send my comments direct to thread originator instead of posting them in here first...

Edited by keewee

i am not sure the postal service will deliver a package that does not have the name of the receiver on it. even when you send something to a name different than the one associated with the address you need to use "care of" or C/O.

something to consider.

i think not having a name as a receiver is a recipe for disaster and the possibility of a missing package goes up. and as someone else said, i like knowing who i am sending too so i can look for coins and things that match the person. no point in sending chocolate to someone who doesn't like it. that's where those nice little profiles come in handy.

rsg

i am not sure the postal service will deliver a package that does not have the name of the receiver on it. even when you send something to a name different than the one associated with the address you need to use "care of" or C/O.

something to consider.

i think not having a name as a receiver is a recipe for disaster and the possibility of a missing package goes up. and as someone else said, i like knowing who i am sending too so i can look for coins and things that match the person. no point in sending chocolate to someone who doesn't like it. that's where those nice little profiles come in handy.

rsg

I believe it is a legal requirement (certainly is here in New Zealand, and I suspect it is part of the International Postal Carriers Code/Charter) to have the actual name of the sender and receiver on it, but often it will be let go. But you never know when they might decide to block such packages.

Ok so thank to my pal keewee I will add a few more things. I will lift the US only so anyone can participate...the more the merrier :) as far as the activated coin goes it needs to be one you own and we can have it to be placed in a cache with whatever mission you'd like besides I think that sounds kind of fun. And for the postal name I will gladly release all names for everyone to see and can openly talk amongst each other. Like I said earlier I'm open to suggestion :)

Any other ideas I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by ALAUNOS

Ok so thank to my pal keewee I will add a few more things. I will lift the US only so anyone can participate...the more the merrier :) as far as the activated coin goes we can have it to be placed in a cache with whatever mission you'd like besides I think that sounds kind of fun. And for the postal name I will gladly release all names for everyone to see and can openly talk amongst each other. Like I said earlier I'm open to suggestion :)

The way a lot of the missions seem to work with the names is you're emailed a name but you do not tell anyone who you have. So, it's kept a secret from everyone but you. Kind of like a Secret Santa I guess you could say. This way there's still an element of surprise for the receiver that they do not know who it is coming from until they actually get it.

If you read the beginning posts and through the responses of the recent Pets and Easter Missions, you will see in more detail how they work in regards to names etc.

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

Excellent idea. That's how I'll do the names. I'll keep the list on paper and once they're sent out I'll post that all packages have been sent and have everyone post when they receive their packages in this forum. Anyone that wants to participate just send me an email.

How's that sound....?

Edited by ALAUNOS

Time:

Sign up by filling out the form with the required information by March 19. If you are signing up for more than one mission you must fill out that many forms. Or email me at geofirefly03@gmail.com

Post your progress here.[/font]

Sign-up:

Name received:

Package sent:

Package received:

edited: changing color so you can read it. :P

If done this way it`s less work for you, everyone posts when they sent their package and when they received it, so you can keep track of who has/has not sent or received their package. Check out those missions, they will help you. This is from the easter mission. Instead of the form you can have them email you their name, caching name, and address.

Easter Mission

2011 Pets Mission

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

I put in the first post to send me their address and I would keep everyone posted as to when the mission was full.

As far as the form I like it. Nice and simple. Will definitely implement it once i email everyone the address they'll be sending their package to.

Ok so thank to my pal keewee I will add a few more things. I will lift the US only so anyone can participate...the more the merrier :) as far as the activated coin goes we can have it to be placed in a cache with whatever mission you'd like besides I think that sounds kind of fun. And for the postal name I will gladly release all names for everyone to see and can openly talk amongst each other. Like I said earlier I'm open to suggestion :)

The way a lot of the missions seem to work with the names is you're emailed a name but you do not tell anyone who you have. So, it's kept a secret from everyone but you. Kind of like a Secret Santa I guess you could say. This way there's still an element of surprise for the receiver that they do not know who it is coming from until they actually get it.

If you read the beginning posts and through the responses of the recent Pets and Easter Missions, you will see in more detail how they work in regards to names etc.

Secret Santa is exactly what the missions are based on :). The first geocoin mission run was probably a Secret Santa one.

ALAUNOS - you really, really, really should participate in a few missions before you even consider running one!!! The experience of taking part in them is crucial to understanding how they work, especially if you want the mission to be a success and to go off with out a hitch. (There has been the odd major problem in the past with some missions)

I was really disappointed to see this mission pop up especially when Team Luvbassn had already said they were organising the next mission and they were giving the other 3 missions that were running time to finish. I don't want to derail this - but you should walk before you run. Get a couple of missions under your belt as a participant and then think about organising and running your own one.

Post your progress here.

Sign-up:

Name received:

Package sent:

Package received:

If done this way it`s less work for you, everyone posts when they sent their package and when they received it, so you can keep track of who has/has not sent or received their package. Check out those missions, they will help you. This is from the easter mission. Instead of the form you can have them email you their name, caching name, and address.

Easter Mission

2011 Pets Mission

This is the standard feedback format that was decide during a number of 2007 missions. :)

Edited by keewee

Alright it seems like some think I'm hijacking this mission because I didn't see it in another thread so I will cancel this mission to keep the piece.

There is another thread that you posted in with a potential similar theme. someone was asking for ideas and the there was talking about a sunshine theme and asking for ideas. You suggested a mystery theme. I'm guessing that's where the comments are comming from.

Edited by sheltiedogshowlover

something to consider.

rsg

They will, maybe not internationally, or on customs forms, but I get all kinds of things addressed to Resident, Neighbor, Voter, Robert's Write Shop, and all manner of other nonname titles.

I suggested a couple of themes and ne'er saw any come to fruition so I started one. Would seem I stepped on some toes unknowingly. So I'll just cancel mine to let the other one run it's course and will do one at a later date.

My point was a little research would benefit, if not actually participating in a mission. That was where my concerns were. You can't guess the logistics of something you have never participated in.

:huh:

-P.S. My reply was one of the first ones in that thread, and it involved a Sunshine. or Fun in the Sun, Welcome summer mission. After that many other people posted ideas about sunshine and summer etc. You did comment in this thread, and that is where those comments are coming from.

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

something to consider.

rsg

They will, maybe not internationally, or on customs forms, but I get all kinds of things addressed to Resident, Neighbor, Voter, Robert's Write Shop, and all manner of other nonname titles.

I've run various secret santa's for two different dog related forums.. and haven't had any problems with things getting sent to my dogs (though they have people names) but I also haven't had anyone have any trouble getting things sent to their dogs/cats either.

Well I thought the mission was simple enough but didn't mean to have others think I was hijacking a mission just wanted to do one. Don't think it would be to complicated. . No biggie though. I've asked for this thread to be deleted to keep the peace.

I don't want to put you off entirely - just for now as there are some important facts to consider:

#1 - there are 3 missions still running at the moment (The Blech Nickel coin pass Mission, Easter Mission and International Kitchen Sink Mission), two are almost finished, one still has a bit to go; Rule of thumb (old days) was always one-ish mission at a time, let one finish (or nearly) before the next kicks up a gear; in the next couple of weeks would be the right time for the next one to get underway (unless it related to a particular event, in which case timing is everything)

#2 - already someone said they are running next (and it was possibly a summer themed one) - when someone says they're doing the next one then usually we all respect that (there have been several instances in the past where people rushed in to start the next mission when it had already been generally agreed that someone else was running it)

#3 - the above mission was delayed in starting because of #1 (if too many people already involved in active missions then less people are ready and willing to jump in and do another until one has finished) - if you read the thread for Team Luvbassn's mission it does say that (have patience)

and most importantly

#4 - you've never taken part in a mission before, you need to participate in a few to see how they work and get a feel for them before you even start to think about organising and running one. I know some of organisers of previous missions have spent 10's of hours a week for a number of weeks organising and running missions - it is not small task. Most of those who've run them have been around years and taken part in a number of missions before taking the plunge and running their own one. I'm only just thinking about running one this year (I'm thinking Halloween, unless anyone else has already said they're doing it) and I've been involved in these forums for 5 years and done about 20 missions.

I know you didn't intentionally hijack anything and your heart is in the right place, and I don't want to put you off or anything like that - just have some patience and please, get some experience with them first before running one. That is all I am trying to say - get some experience with doing missions first, get a feel for the time frames involved and how they operate. Don't rush into in to running one because you want to, earn your stripes (experience) first.

I wouldn't delete this thread as there are some important lessons in here.

Edited by keewee

something to consider.

rsg

I've run various secret santa's for two different dog related forums.. and haven't had any problems with things getting sent to my dogs (though they have people names) but I also haven't had anyone have any trouble getting things sent to their dogs/cats either.

ok, i stand corrected. problems must have been on my end.

Edited by RedShoesGirl