Royal wedding

prot1

Right i wish the royal couple well and hope all goes well for them. but personaly i am fedup of hearing about it and am planning to spend the day caching as i need to get my find numbers up so i will be getting as far from any televisions and radio's as possible.

Is anyone else doing the same thing

Right i wish the royal couple well and hope all goes well for them. but personaly i am fedup of hearing about it and am planning to spend the day caching as i need to get my find numbers up so i will be getting as far from any televisions and radio's as possible.

I haven't the slightest interest in the wedding and it's cost me a lot of money, so I'll be out and about as much as possible. Probably for a couple of caches only, but who knows?

I concur, i have no interest in the wedding whatsoever and in fact secretly i really want someone to stand up when they ask if anyones got a problem with the wedding taking place.... That would make my day :)

I do dislike the royals immensely, not that i expect that they care a jot!

I shall be out trying to add to my tally of caches tomorrow, maybe even hide another one too :)

Actually I don't dislike them, I'm just not interested!

as i said i dont dislike them but i am fed up with all the hipe so i chose to do something else instead the main question to ask is where to cache :blink:

Typically bank holidays are busy for us reviewers as everyone gets out placing fantastic new caches. Tomorrow I'm hoping everyone will be glued to the television from 8am (BBC1) and stay there all day and NOT go out placing caches. I might get a quiet day.

Will I be watching the wedding? Probably the actual bit when they arrive at the abbey but the hours before that when the BBC/ITV etc reporters spend the time speculating pointlessly about things they don't know the answer to and no one is interested in.... well, I'll find something else to do.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Wedding?

Actually I don't dislike them, I'm just not interested!

as i said i dont dislike them but i am fed up with all the hipe so i chose to do something else instead the main question to ask is where to cache :blink:

I'd probably give Hyde Park a miss!

Making the kids watch the wedding! That way they'll beg me to go out caching every time I grab the TV remote from now on. As for me, I have some work to keep me busy, so I'll be able to avoid it!

We were going to walk from Colwall station to the Farmers Arms at Wellington Heath but they appear to be doing some sort of party. So it's now plan B, walk to another Farmers Arms at Birtsmorton.

At least it would be if I hadn't been geocaching in my lunch hour on Leckhampton Hill today. As I was entering some data into my GPS and not looking where I was going I tripped over a rock and fell flat on my face. I thought little of it at the time and carried on to get a couple more caches, but when I tried to get up from my desk this afternoon I found that my ankle had swollen and would barely support me.

After some nice out of date prescription strength Cocodamols, a bottle of wine (the bottle of wine was recommended by a fellow cacher, my dentist, so that's actual medical advice), a cold compress and an elastic bandage it's feeling a bit better.

I'll have to see how it is in the morning.

Well we're heading upto Northumberland for the whole weekend with a group of friends, planning on going to Holy Island and Bamburgh. We're also heading to Durham tomorrow but we're planning on getting to Durham in time to find a pub with the wedding on.

As mentioned above, not bothered about the X number of hours of boring build up but would quite like to see Kate arrive & the vows.

Anyway basically Durham and Northumberland - 2 places with tons of new caches to find and I'm sure we may introduce our friends to it as well!!

Not interested in the wedding, though I might have looked in if we hadn't had it shoved down our throats for weeks already, so I'll be out for the day picking up a few caches. The missus is off to her mothers to watch it in peace away from the kids.

I must admit if I wasn't going away all weekend then it would have been the perfect opportunity to get a good few hours of caching alone in tomorrow! Oh well you can't have it all!

At least it would be if I hadn't been geocaching in my lunch hour on Leckhampton Hill today. As I was entering some data into my GPS and not looking where I was going I tripped over a rock and fell flat on my face. I thought little of it at the time and carried on to get a couple more caches, but when I tried to get up from my desk this afternoon I found that my ankle had swollen and would barely support me.

You forgot to say how COMPLETELY BRILLIANT those caches were <_<

Honestly, all this moaning about swollen ankles, pricked fingers and zapped dogs. Are we geocachers not as "outdoorsy" as we'd like to think?

Get well soon. Then come back and hit the Earthcache. Just don't fall off any cliffs!

After a successful trip last weekend to Dunsland we're heading back to the same area and are planning to have a go at the Holsworthy Woods series - and kids depending another series nearby - failing that a few loose ones on the way home.

We will probably let the kids watch the highlights at some point tho

My bunting is up, champagne in fridge and I'll be watching it from about 9.00am. No caching for me but will be reviewing and hopefully publishing new caches!(before I drink too much champagne :rolleyes: ).

I am going to meet some French cachers who are over on holiday for a drink at 4.00 and will be hearing all about their caching. :)

You forgot to say how COMPLETELY BRILLIANT those caches were <_<

Honestly, all this moaning about swollen ankles, pricked fingers and zapped dogs. Are we geocachers not as "outdoorsy" as we'd like to think?

Get well soon. Then come back and hit the Earthcache. Just don't fall off any cliffs!

Sorry! I meant to say Brilliant Caches!

The pricked fingers were a gross exaggeration. The dog getting zapped was real. At "Telepathy" I somehow managed to delete the next 2 caches from my GPS, I'd checked they were in it before I started. I was walking along with iphone in one hand and GPS in the other entering the coordinates back into the GPS and completely missed a step in the path. I was so busy trying to protect all my electrical equipment that I ended up in a crumpled heap on the ground, on top of the aforementioned electrical equipment.

I was also doing a recce for the earthcache and hoping to get to the Devil's Chimney cache too. Earthcaching with the dog in tow is a pain, I'll come up here on my own to try to sort that one out.

The leg's much better this morning, I'm off to the pub.

Here, I meant to say, have you got some sort of monopoly on Leckhampton Hill?

Edited by The Patrician

I have about as much interest in the wedding as I have with what everyone else on here thinks of it... so :P

Jon.

I went out and completed my caching at Keele University, finding all but one of the 'traditionals'. Absolutely loved 4 hours of peace on a very quiet University campus and spoke to just one person who I knew from when I used to work there who was just as suprised to see me as it was a pleasure to see him.

Found 15 caches in total.

Leigh.

Edited by hanleycachers

On the West Coast of Canada, the coverage started at 11pm. I had gone to bed as April 29th was a normal working day here. However....nature called shortly after 3am. I stayed up (the alarm was going off at 5am anyway) and then went and did a 10 hour workday. I'm still recovering.

I enjoyed it as did the non-Royalist who had stayed up all night!

We went caching on Saturday...I got tired and cranky after going down hills and stairs on a trail to find out 150 vertical feet (at least) later that we should have been on the other side of the river. Takes me longer to recover from lack of sleep nowadays - I should have known better.

We did listen to the wedding on radio on our long drive to Shell Island (fantastic place). Frankly I expected a little more to the wedding, but what the heck do I know...I'm just another bloke I guess. :P

Or maybe you just had to see it on the telly to get full effect.

I avoided the wedding, and took full advantage that most people would be indoors watching it, to place 22 new caches in the village of Helpston. One of the cache containers was massive and so I appreciated being able to carry it from the car without being seen by muggles!