How long for new cache to be reviewed?

sillysugarcat

Im in the same boat. I posted mine on Sunday and still hasnt been reviewed yet, even though someone claims to have found it and posted that they did.... makes no sense because it says its not in the system yet.....

Are your hides under a different username? I don't see any hides for "lowkeyneon".

Perhaps you have received a reviewer note on your cache page?

Check out the Knowledge Books, particularly the "Review Process: Hiding a Geocache" section.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb

Im in the same boat. I posted mine on Sunday and still hasnt been reviewed yet, even though someone claims to have found it and posted that they did.... makes no sense because it says its not in the system yet.....

Are your hides under a different username? I don't see any hides for "lowkeyneon".

Check out the Knowledge Books, particularly the "Review Process: Hiding a Geocache" section.

nope, under the same name.... says its waiting for review still... but someone claims to have found it and posted a note on it. there is no reviers notes either.

nope, under the same name.... says its waiting for review still... but someone claims to have found it and posted a note on it. there is no reviers notes either.

Well, colour me confused. How can someone post anything on a cache page that isn't published yet? How did they get the GC number? :blink:

Well, colour me confused. How can someone post anything on a cache page that isn't published yet? How did they get the GC number? :blink:

Me too. :blink:

When you say, "someone claims to have found it and posted a note on it" do you mean that when you look at your not-yet-reviewed cache page you can see a Note log on it from another geocacher?

Or do you mean another cacher has contacted you by email, saying that they've found your cache, maybe accidentally?

MrsB

no there is a log that you would post as if you found it, not email, but on the page itself..... there isnt a way that someone found this by accident.... does this help? http://coord.info/GC2TWCA and sorry to have take the post over but i didnt want to post up the same thing as someone else just to make a simple comment, didnt think it would baffle everyone lol

Your link just takes me to a page which says I can't view that cache because it hasn't been published yet. :D

Never mind, thanks for trying to help - It's a rather unusual situation!

MrsB

no there is a log that you would post as if you found it, not email, but on the page itself..... there isnt a way that someone found this by accident.... does this help? http://coord.info/GC2TWCA and sorry to have take the post over but i didnt want to post up the same thing as someone else just to make a simple comment, didnt think it would baffle everyone lol

Nope, we can't see it. Going to that link gives us the message: "Sorry, you cannot view this cache listing until it has been published."

Only the reviewer and the cache owner can see the page at this unpublished stage.

Could you highlight/copy/paste the note here, including the author's username, perhaps?

Edited by Pup Patrol

I wonder if the cache has been 'found' via any TB's placed in it...

I had a TB on my watchlist, and had a notification when a fellow local cacher dropped it in his new soon to be published cache.

Managed to work out where it was. If there are two or more TB's in the cache it gets easier to triangulate it!

That might be an explanation of how it could be found and the logbook signed before publication (although the owner hasn't mentioned whether they've logged a trackable into the unpublished cache page) but even if this happened I don't think the happy FTFBP wouldn't have been able to post an on-line log onto the unpublished cache page.

MrsB :)

a friend had one that took 7 days. When he asked what the hold up was he was given a very rude reply. It almost made us stop Geocaching

Would you care to elaborate? What exactly was the "hold up"? And what exactly was the "rude reply"?--please verbatim only, no interpretation.

here is the note, with their name and stuff... still un published at this point...

April 24 by roadandthesky (421 found)

Nice container good hide tftc

So a guy who has never cached outside of Indiana magically finds an unpublished cache in Germany??? Yea there must be some accidental way where he typed the wrong GC number and sent the log in using Field notes or something. You may want to contact roadanthesky and let them know of the error.

I might test out something and try to post a note on your cache for the fun of it.

i got a reply from the one who had logged my cache before it was published. here it is

The way I was trying to log a find was with my not so internet friendly phone. The site I was logging from did not show me the cache page, so I was logging blind so to speak. There is only one letter difference between the two GC2TWCJ was the one I wanted. After that I don’t know how it happened. The local reviewers have contacted me asking what happened. Answer, I don’t know. Thanks for the email Maybe someday I can log your cache for real. Wouldn’t that be cool?

Rosdandthesky

ALSO mine has been reviewed and ready to be found. thanks for all the help!

i got a reply from the one who had logged my cache before it was published. here it is

The way I was trying to log a find was with my not so internet friendly phone. The site I was logging from did not show me the cache page, so I was logging blind so to speak. There is only one letter difference between the two GC2TWCJ was the one I wanted. After that I don’t know how it happened. The local reviewers have contacted me asking what happened. Answer, I don’t know. Thanks for the email Maybe someday I can log your cache for real. Wouldn’t that be cool?

Rosdandthesky

ALSO mine has been reviewed and ready to be found. thanks for all the help!