The "HEY! I AWARDED A FAVORITE POINT!" thread...

Snoogans

This thread is for pointing out your most recent favorite finds. Please share the cache page with the community and help advertise for those that put forth the extra effort.

The OP cache is very deserving. It has been out for just 6 days, has had 6 visitors and received 5 favorite points. 83% Favorites is a real homerun!

The cache is GC2TK1K The Doctor Who Series: The Ninth Doctor by Dark Star

Just FUN! B)B):)

9a4d4d54-5562-41df-a7da-db3c5f02b01e.jpg

Edited by Snoogans

Squee!! I'm such a Dr. Who drooling fan girl. We're in the process of watching all episodes from the very beginning. When I say that, I mean from William Hartnell, the first doctor. We have just started watching the second doctor (Patrick Troughton). Admittedly, like many others, Tom Baker is my favorite. A friend of mine made me a show-perfect Tom Baker scarf. It is probably my favorite possession.

Okay, so my nerd is hanging out.

Anyhoo, this is a cool thread. I'll go see what my most recent favorite point was...

I think I've only awarded 2 points so far. One to a cache I did long ago before there were points to award and another to a cache that's been archived since we found it. D'Oh!

I have points to award but won't be handing them out lightly.

[edit]

Just checked and I've actually awarded 3 favorite points.

GCJ4M5

GCH8DN

GCTBVG

Edited by Thrak

totally Tubular Seattle

This is one of the Totally Tubular Series in Seattle.

This one has 107 favorite points on it at this point. It is a great series.

The first one is, I believe, the first to have a container you need to fill with water to get the cache to float to the top. (April 2005, correct me if I'm wrong)

The third you've got to use the batteries out of your GPS to get this cache to release the log.

The second is something similar, but totally different. I've got to leave one for you to figure out.

The fifth I hear the bomb squad blew up so it's a regular ole cache. Or maybe it was the fourth that got blown up, since it's archived now, I'm not sure.

But this is an early series of creative imagination. A great example of what brilliance can be created with a little thought and effort. Okay, perhaps a lot of thought and effort.

This guy has had a lot of trouble with people taking apart his electric cache to get at the log. I'm glad to see him get some recognition from people with these favorite points. He needs to know how much these caches are appreciated!!!

Thank you Dayspring!!!

My most recently awarded favorite point: GC2V0RV

Why you ask? I think it's a great example of caching camaraderie. It was placed in my honor by some local cachers and friends of mine. They were some of the first people to welcome my husband and I into the caching community here in Oregon. We met them at a CITO event (our first event in Oregon) and they, and another local caching friend were extremely friendly and gave me their phone numbers for lifelines, etc. I think it was a really cool gesture.

:)

We've got a few copies of Dayspring caches in the Denver area and they are heavily favorited.

One cache I'd highlight is Daschpeeg's "Alien Invasion Adventure Cache". It's a 5/5 rated 9-stage multi/mystery/challenge cache that takes you to many interesting/unusual sites around the area. Solving the cache involves the use of paper ray-guns and headphones. biggrin.gif

In the two months it's been in existence, the cache has been completed 12 times and has earned 12 favorite votes - 100%.

So, I'm working on a "Know Your Local Cacher" Challenge cache here in New Hampshire. You have to find 3 different cache types from 10 different local cachers, but all your finds have to be after April 1, 2010. The problem with this is that I found most of the caches that belong to cachers with three different types of caches in my area before the date.

A local cacher, who hid a Multi I recently found, hid a Puzzle that I solved relatively easily. I posted a note on the cache page, basically saying "Now I either need to travel to MA or freeze my bottom off in the kayak to find one of the two remaining Traditional Caches that you own." One of his caches I haven't found is, as stated, in Massachusetts, the other is on an island in nearby Lake Winnipesaukee. Shortly, I got a response back:

"This is your lucky day!" Before reading on, I guessed that they were about to have a Traditional Cache published. I was excited! "I have to go out and check on that cache while I do maintenance on my Multi on another island, are you free Friday to go for a ride in my 1949 Chris Craft?" Now, I'm even more excited!

So, last Friday I went for a cruise around the lake in a antique speed boat, and got to make friends with another local cacher, to boot. Guess I took the "Know Your Local Cacher" Challenge to a whole new level.

Anyways, I found the needed Traditional (plus three other island caches, and they all got well deserved favorite points!), but I got to start the Multi while the cache owner went to fix the stages. This one'd get more than one Favorite Vote from me if the system allowed it:

It'll Run You Ragged

Here's a pic I snapped from the boat as we cruised along:

a3b7d481-5a1a-4245-8da4-b526d910072c.jpg

(BTW, it snowed two inches the next day!)

totally Tubular Seattle

This is one of the Totally Tubular Series in Seattle.

This one has 107 favorite points on it at this point. It is a great series.

The first one is, I believe, the first to have a container you need to fill with water to get the cache to float to the top. (April 2005, correct me if I'm wrong)

The third you've got to use the batteries out of your GPS to get this cache to release the log.

The second is something similar, but totally different. I've got to leave one for you to figure out.

The fifth I hear the bomb squad blew up so it's a regular ole cache. Or maybe it was the fourth that got blown up, since it's archived now, I'm not sure.

But this is an early series of creative imagination. A great example of what brilliance can be created with a little thought and effort. Okay, perhaps a lot of thought and effort.

This guy has had a lot of trouble with people taking apart his electric cache to get at the log. I'm glad to see him get some recognition from people with these favorite points. He needs to know how much these caches are appreciated!!!

Thank you Dayspring!!!

The cache I listed above GCJ4M5 predates that one. It was hidden Thursday, April 8, 2004. I believe the idea was "borrowed" from another cache that the hider of this one had found so there must be an even earlier hide using that technique.

I checked out the Totally Tubular III cache you referenced and it looks awesome!

Edited by Thrak