REQUEST:

Criminal

I thought the "General" forums were for the military? Isn't the military where Generals work?

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

I thought the "General" forums were for the military? Isn't the military where Generals work?

_Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs._

Generals Work!! Now that would be interesting to see. icon_wink.gif

Byron

I guess the original "forget it" was more of frustration than an honorary discharge.

With that said, what topics would be different between the military and civillian geocacher? I'm not sure why you would separate the two.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Yes, frustration. There's a lot going on lately and I have little patience, my apologies. I posted a great deal I saw on the AAFES website for camelbaks. To keep it from getting lost in the shuffle with everything else, I figured it would be cool to have a place where military, and those with access, could go. In addition, it would be a Geocache USO of sorts where military could talk about military topics, as they relate to geocaching. Doesn’t seem to be enough support out there, nobody else chimed in, so drop it. We’ll end up with separate groups for masons, womyn, gays, and whatever other group wants to be recognized.

EDIT: Besides, I'm out w/20 at the end of March anyway....hopefully.

Congrats on the 20. Enjoy the rest of your life. Thank you for serving.

If there are any active geocachers who will be heading to Iraq in the near future, there is a cache to be found. Just hope someone gets to log a find before we blow it up, pave over the place and turn it into a big parking lot.

I can see the point in having a section specific to Military in the case of military topics (especially when a cache is on a base, which used to happen). Unfortunately we already have so many forums listed. I wish there was an easier way to segment them out.

Did only 4 years myself. If I did 8 I probably would have done the whole 20.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Originally posted by Duc996:

Anybody log a geocache in a true combat zone yet(Turkey doesn't count)? My prediction is that it will happen(or has happened) soon. Combat geocaching, always come prepared.

I understand there are a couple in downtown Chicago. icon_rolleyes.gif

We just installed new skylights. The folks in the upper flat are upset.