Geocaching Rubber Stamps

kwcahart

I just bought a round rubber stamp to use in Geocaching. I stamp the round wooden nickles I get from the "Wooden Nickle Company" in San Antonio and leave them in Caches as kinda swag and just fun stuff to leave. On one side is the Indian and some have the Buffalo, different colors. Then I stamp the "kwhart and cahart" "Texas" on the other side and leave them in caches. I got the stamp from jessicalynnoriginals.com. No, I don't work for either company, I just like their products and thought some of you might also. It is an easy way to leave your caching name if you would like to. Next I'm going to get some blank poker chips and stamp them also. Cool, eh?

I'm thinking about getting some sort of rubber stamp myself. There are these sets you can use to put your own text on a stamp, wich would be perfect.

If you look at some of the letterboxing sites, they have instructions for making your own hand-carved rubber stamp. It doesn't look very hard, if you are an artsy-craftsy type.

I'm thinking about getting some sort of rubber stamp myself. There are these sets you can use to put your own text on a stamp, wich would be perfect.

If you look at some of the letterboxing sites, they have instructions for making your own hand-carved rubber stamp. It doesn't look very hard, if you are an artsy-craftsy type.

I made a couple of rubber stamps with my kids. I might place a letterbox hybrid, or not, but it was fun regardless. We got some pink rubber rectangles and a set of linoleum cutters. We printed out clipart which wouldn't be too hard to cut out with those cutters and transferred to the rubber then cut them. Nothing fancy but not too hard and they came out nicely.

I made a couple of rubber stamps with my kids. I might place a letterbox hybrid, or not, but it was fun regardless. We got some pink rubber rectangles and a set of linoleum cutters. We printed out clipart which wouldn't be too hard to cut out with those cutters and transferred to the rubber then cut them. Nothing fancy but not too hard and they came out nicely.

I keep meaning to do a Letterbox hybrid. So easy, but I never seem to remember to get the stuff at the local art supply to carve my own out.

I remember when I was in high school printing shop and we had some very cool stamp making processed (which only stunk a little because it required heating up rubber and pressing it into whatever mold we made) I could probably play around with some ceramic clay, come up with a very good design and then make several stamps from it. Maybe time to look into that and see what the costs are...

Rubber stamps are great to create and very easy. Hobby lobby usually carries both the stamp pad and carving tools although you have to search for them, the staff will have no idea what you are asking for. The pads go for around $5 make sure you get pink though, the blue is worthless. A number 2 carving tip is the best all around but having a v and a u tip helps. Transfer the image with a pencil drawing or a fresh ink jet print out and start carving. Crayons markers also work great as a cheap and easy ink. It is really simple to carve out signature stamps for hybrids and caches alike, it is nice to make a quick stamp of your user name. I enjoy mixing art and creation with caching.